The "Sideshow, Complete the Fellowship in PF! Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right that could happen down the line. I'm more thinking as they make their first appearance in this line.

Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind we will see Sam/Frodo and Merry/Pippin maquettes long before we ever see any diorama style maquettes.

I am interested to see how they approach more of these Diorama style pieces. Honestly, I think Boromir will be that way with what we've seen since he has more to it than the other pieces.

I take it you mean Sam without Shelob. :wink1: I recently asked SS about the prospects of a Sam and Shelob piece and here is their response:

Yes, in the PF line I'd expect to see just Samwise by himself. There's no mistaking where that pose would come from in the movie. Frankly I'm not very fond of giant hairy spiders so I could very well do without Shelob in my collection. :eek :stake

Yes, in the PF line I'd expect to see just Samwise by himself. There's no mistaking where that pose would come from in the movie. Frankly I'm not very fond of giant hairy spiders so I could very well do without Shelob in my collection. :eek :stake

I hear you, spiders aren't exactly favourites of mine either.......and even if you could manage to get a 1/4 scale Shelob into your home, good luck ever trying to get family and friends to come visit you. :wink1:

I hear you, spiders aren't exactly favourites of mine either.......and even if you could manage to get a 1/4 scale Shelob into your home, good luck ever trying to get family and friends to come visit you. :wink1:

Enter Shelob (in any scale), exit moi. :FREAK: OUT! :panic: :lol

Enter Shelob (in any scale), exit moi. :FREAK: OUT! :panic: :lol

jumping_spider_hi.JPG

adifferentvista-friends.jpg

As this is the 'Complete the Fellowship in PF' thread I'd like to answer your question with a question........Did you sign our petition? :monkey3 :nana:

I thought you only wanted me to send an email? You want something signed as well? :lol

I thought you only wanted me to send an email? You want something signed as well? :lol

Perhaps I phrased that incorrectly.The idea was, send an email, let me know when you send it, and I add you to the list. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure if you did send SS an email it was to plead with them to ignore all the Hobbit requests and produce anything but the Hobbits. :lol

From SS Ask site
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=32361#comments

Q.LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?
A.Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :)

We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

I wonder if there has been any developments on the Hobbits in the PF line yet. :dunno

Too soon to say I should think. :impatient:

:duff
Bill

From SS Ask site
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=32361#comments

Q.LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?
A.Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

Yes, we know. :wink1:

I sent these questions to SS last week and they were good enough to respond today in their Q&A segment. Posted in the the LOTR Q&A thread as well, but I can't think of a more fitting thread to post this response than right here. This is the news we have been waiting for.....mission accomplished! :fireworks

Monday, February 14th, 2011

Question : LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?

Answer : Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

I wonder if there has been any developments on the Hobbits in the PF line yet. :dunno

Too soon to say I should think. :impatient:

:duff
Bill

Consider the turtle-like speed of the PF line since it's inception and draw your conclusions from there.....:wink1: :lol

Woodsy et al,

Been away from the forum for quite awhile, but wanted to let you know that I have added my input to the Hobbit PF campaign...better late than never. :)

I used a modified letter #4 with additions of the "Ask Ss" info posted here recently, specifically requesting an update on plans for Hobbit PF's.

Hope this helps to keep SS convinced to keep true to their word to create the remaining Hobbits in PF format, and sooner rather than later!

FATZ

Woodsy et al,

Been away from the forum for quite awhile, but wanted to let you know that I have added my input to the Hobbit PF campaign...better late than never. :)

I used a modified letter #4 with additions of the "Ask Ss" info posted here recently, specifically requesting an update on plans for Hobbit PF's.

Hope this helps to keep SS convinced to keep true to their word to create the remaining Hobbits in PF format, and sooner rather than later!

FATZ

Good man! You're right, better late than never. Besides, as these requests keep filtering in from time to time, they will act as a reminder to SS....and stoking the fires like that can't be a bad thing. :lecture

Back