The "Sideshow, Complete the Fellowship in PF! Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sent a copy of a letter to my kids on Face Book in order for them to get thier friends to send a request in to Sideshow.
There were a couple of polls carried out at the S+F forum, the GD and on here. I don't think these were ever viewed by SS so maybe if people attached these to thier e-mails? :monkey3

Good man Dave, every little bit helps! :clap

I've added two more form letters, and quite frankly I'm all out of ideas. But with 8 to chose from there is really no excuse for LOTR/PF collectors not to take the approx. 1 minute required to copy, paste, and email one of those form letters to SS. I have forwarded links to Darklord Dave's 'Would you buy Merry, Sam and Pippin PF's?' poll, and this 'Complete the Fellowship' thread directly to SS's customer service manager. He will make sure they get to the right people. Make no mistake, SS is watching and how we respond will not only go a long way toward determining whether or not we ever see the remaining Hobbits in PF, it will also have an impact as to whether or not SS ever gives us the opportunity to take matters into our own hands concerning LOTR collectibles. :lecture

Last edited:
I have forwarded links to Darklord Dave's 'Would you buy Merry, Sam and Pippin PF's?' poll, and this 'Complete the Fellowship' thread directly to SS's customer service manager. He will make sure they get to the right people. Make no mistake, SS is watching and how we respond will not only go a long way toward determining whether or not we ever see the remaining Hobbits in PF, it will also have an impact as to whether or not SS ever gives us the opportunity to take matters into our own hands concerning LOTR collectibles.:lecture

Great job Collin :hi5:

And very well said mate.

You have my...pen! :yess:

You know what I mean. :slap

Bill

Yeah just sent another one too. :rock

I used one of yours as a template Woodsy, but added a large amount of my own feelings underneath. I just hope it works...

I've sent a letter on behalf of the little fellows of the Shire (thats LancaSHIRE Eng) to the big folks @ SS and will continue to do so until all three hobbits get the nod.

I have added a lot of information from Dave Mac's original thread Q & A thread (here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88280 )
...as quotes into Collin's opening post of this thread.

I think it's only fair as Dave Mac, Seaward and others have had some terrific ideas and contributions and deserve the acknowlegement and thanks for starting this gathering, making suggestions and advice on what we can do.
Plus their posts contain some valuable information and ideas for us to use including a letter that Dave has already made in the spirit of Middle Earth which is awesome :rock

So write now, message, email, snail mail or facebook.
Rise up for the halflings. Make us be heard
:lecture
x :wave

Thanks guys, and gal :) You've all been added to the list....looks like it's starting to take form. :clap

Woodsy, do you mind if I post your first thread over at Shadow and Flames? I was looking for something similar but didn't see it. I know there are a lot of LOTR fans on that forum.

Great job Collin :hi5:

And very well said mate.

You have my...pen! :yess:

You know what I mean. :slap

Bill

Thanks Bill, just trying to do my share. Though if it wasn't for DaveMac and Seaward this pettion never would have gotten off the ground. As for the 'pen' part...I'm afraid to ask. :lol

Woodsy, do you mind if I post your first thread over at Shadow and Flames? I was looking for something similar but didn't see it. I know there are a lot of LOTR fans on that forum.

Not at all. If you think it will help, I'm all for it. :)

Sorry carbo-fation, I have already posted it over at S&F.

Sorry woodsy for not asking permission as carbo-fation did, but I knew you wouldn't mind.

Bill

Thanks Bill, just trying to do my share. Though if it wasn't for DaveMac and Seaward this pettion never would have gotten off the ground. As for the 'pen' part...I'm afraid to ask. :lol

Yeah, a bit vague I know, sorry about that Collin. I could have offered you my 'sword' as Aragorn did to form the Fellowship...but the 'pen' is mightier than that I understand.

Bill

Sorry woodsy for not asking permission as carbo-fation did, but I knew you wouldn't mind.

Bill

No problem whatsoever Bill. Hopefully the response over there is a bit more enthusiastic than it is here. Either the actual percentage of LOTR collectors on the Freaks board is closer to 2% than it is 10%, or SS is right......there just isn't much interest in the Hobbits. :dunno

Bill

Oh crap. I just posted this as well. Where was your thread?

Just saw it. It was posted by someone else. Maybe the mods over there can merge both threads and make it stand out more.:D
Thanks again to Woodsy, DaveMac and Seaward for arranging all this. :)

I sent this tome out a day or so ago.

Dear Sideshow Product Design Team,

I first read Tolkien's "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" at age 13 which, no longer being a youngster, was nearly half a century ago. can honestly say that it was a seminal time in my life, not only changing my expectations regarding what constituted great literature but also altering my reading habits for a lifetime. Being a reader of some voracious appetite and now with many years and volumes behind me, I can still without reservation say these books remain my favorites. When I first heard that the trilogy was going to be made into a full-blown movie, as opposed to the animated false start by Ralph Bakshi, I was prepared to forgo the cinema experience altogether fully expecting to be disappointed again and possibly have my entire Tolkien experience permanently ruined. However, after hearing accolades from any number of sources after the release of "The Fellowship of the Ring", and with still significant trepidation, I purchased a ticket. Prepared to run for my life at any point, I was amazed to be drawn in nearly from the moment the epilogue began. I left the theater already counting the days until the release of the second and third installments just as pleased as I could possibly be.

I didn't immediately discover the landslide of merchandise that accompanied the movies’ release, and when I did it was significantly further along before I came across the high quality LOTR collectibles then offered by Sideshow/Weta. A collector of various items all my life, I immediately jumped on the opportunity to acquire these reminders of my now all-time favorite movie experience. Unfortunately I had missed a significant number of releases already and, unwilling to pay much higher prices from sources such as eBay, still have gaps which I would like to fill.

When Sideshow acquired the LOTR license and released the first figure in your flagship Premium Format, it looked as though I had discovered the absolute best renditions of the movie characters that were ever likely to be manufactured. It was also a chance to fill in important items missing from my collection, particularly those of the major characters of the Fellowship. At this point I have nearly all of the LOTR PF releases, certainly with the hope that the entire cast of major characters would eventually appear. It's with more than some concern that I understand that there is significant doubt that this will happen, particularly in the case of the Hobbits. I am supporting the maquette line with enthusiasm, but am disturbed that your BEST line may wind up incomplete.

Please let me add my voice to the very significant number of collectors, whose existence we obviously need to demonstrate, that will be extremely happy to support with their dollars a complete line of Fellowship characters. When the quality you have demonstrated, particularly of late, is there, the sales will absolutely follow. I'm sure the four stout-hearted Hobbit friends will all share a flagon and toast to your success at the Green Dragon.

I appreciate your time in reading this somewhat overlong explanation driven by a significant lifelong passion. I sincerely hope this will urge you in the right direction and help to move things along quickly enough so that other man dressed in black robes doesn't get to me first.

Thank you very much.

George Dill

Here is the e-mail address once again:

[email protected]

Let's "Head 'em up and move 'em out!"

What a great letter George, very well said sir. :clap

Yet another voice added to the very worthy cause. :yess:

Well done mate. :hi5:

Could do with a good deal more voices though. :slap

Come on guys, please support your fellow members on this quest.

Even if you do not collect PFs yourself, your support would be most welcome. :1-1:

Bill

Last edited:
I sent this tome out a day or so ago.

Dear Sideshow Product Design Team,

I first read Tolkien's "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" at age 13 which, no longer being a youngster, was nearly half a century ago. can honestly say that it was a seminal time in my life, not only changing my expectations regarding what constituted great literature but also altering my reading habits for a lifetime. Being a reader of some voracious appetite and now with many years and volumes behind me, I can still without reservation say these books remain my favorites. When I first heard that the trilogy was going to be made into a full-blown movie, as opposed to the animated false start by Ralph Bakshi, I was prepared to forgo the cinema experience altogether fully expecting to be disappointed again and possibly have my entire Tolkien experience permanently ruined. However, after hearing accolades from any number of sources after the release of "The Fellowship of the Ring", and with still significant trepidation, I purchased a ticket. Prepared to run for my life at any point, I was amazed to be drawn in nearly from the moment the epilogue began. I left the theater already counting the days until the release of the second and third installments just as pleased as I could possibly be.

I didn't immediately discover the landslide of merchandise that accompanied the movies’ release, and when I did it was significantly further along before I came across the high quality LOTR collectibles then offered by Sideshow/Weta. A collector of various items all my life, I immediately jumped on the opportunity to acquire these reminders of my now all-time favorite movie experience. Unfortunately I had missed a significant number of releases already and, unwilling to pay much higher prices from sources such as eBay, still have gaps which I would like to fill.

When Sideshow acquired the LOTR license and released the first figure in your flagship Premium Format, it looked as though I had discovered the absolute best renditions of the movie characters that were ever likely to be manufactured. It was also a chance to fill in important items missing from my collection, particularly those of the major characters of the Fellowship. At this point I have nearly all of the LOTR PF releases, certainly with the hope that the entire cast of major characters would eventually appear. It's with more than some concern that I understand that there is significant doubt that this will happen, particularly in the case of the Hobbits. I am supporting the maquette line with enthusiasm, but am disturbed that your BEST line may wind up incomplete.

Please let me add my voice to the very significant number of collectors, whose existence we obviously need to demonstrate, that will be extremely happy to support with their dollars a complete line of Fellowship characters. When the quality you have demonstrated, particularly of late, is there, the sales will absolutely follow. I'm sure the four stout-hearted Hobbit friends will all share a flagon and toast to your success at the Green Dragon.

I appreciate your time in reading this somewhat overlong explanation driven by a significant lifelong passion. I sincerely hope this will urge you in the right direction and help to move things along quickly enough so that other man dressed in black robes doesn't get to me first.

Thank you very much.

George Dill

Here is the e-mail address once again:

[email protected]

Let's "Head 'em up and move 'em out!"

Thanks George! :clap That is an excellent letter and I will add it to the list of form letters Freaks can chose from should they want to contact SS.

What an great letter George, very well said sir. :clap

Yet another voice added to the very worthy cause. :yess:

Well done mate. :hi5:

Could do with a good deal more voices though. :slap

Come on guys, please support your fellow members on this quest.

Even if you do not collect PFs yourself, your support would be most welcome.
:1-1:

Bill

:exactly: Couldn't have said it better myself Bill. :clap

Sweet letters coming together people :clap

I wonder what level of response will be the 'trigger' for a response from Sideshow. We'll just have to keep plugging away! :lecture

Back