The Shallows (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev have you seen the movie I mentioned earlier called The Reef?

That film had me on edge and made me jump once or twice.

The Reef was legit. That scared the hell out of me. I hated those scenes were the dude would put on the mask and go underwater to look around. BAM shark comes busting out of the dark Blue

image.jpeg

This is all but gone in my local theaters. Guess I'll catch it in a few months as a rental or streaming service.

Its worth a watch. Very intense. I just wish there was an animatronic shark over CGI. As great as CGI is, it never quite has that three dimensional feel to it.

I agree and don't think you can really ask for more from a shark movie.

Yeah, it definitely did enough with the story that it didn't feel like it was just trying to be another Jaws. I never thought, "oh yeah, I've seen all this before", it was good on its own merits. The actress was pretty solid too, can't remember where I've seen her before, I'll have to look it up.

Solid piece of entertainment. I probably wouldn't buy it, but I'd watch it again if it came on cable.

I think the Shallows is better than Jaws. Oh I am sorry, did I break the internet? I love Jaws and it's great for its time, but I enjoyed the Shallows more. But they are both great movies. I just find it more scarier and intense and the shooting is spectacular. Especially the location they used. Very beautiful movie. And I love Blake Lively. The lady can act and look amazing at the same time.

Back