The Shallows (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Witch has definitely been the best film of 2016 IMO. Though personal preference puts Civil War and Shallows as my #1 and #2. Then The Witch, then Cloverfield.

Oh and I edited the heck out of my previous post, added a full paragraph at the end while you were typing. :lol

BTW khev.. Off topic but I just got done watching the BTTF trilogy with my kids. Yes the first one is the best. But I still love part 2. The future stuff is not as good as I remember but I love all the revisiting of 1955 stuff. Probably my favorite moments of the entire trilogy. I enjoyed three more then I ever have before but its is the weakest of the trilogy.

JAWS 19 looks like it would be better then The Shallows ;) :) :)

JAWS 19 looks like it would be better then The Shallows ;) :) :)

:lol

Too bad they went with JAWS instead of Star Wars, Mad Max, The Terminator, or Rocky (Creed) which all shockingly had sequels actually come out the year BTTF II took place. But they probably though "Star Wars? Mad Max? Nah, JAWS will definitely be forever."

The Witch has definitely been the best film of 2016 IMO. Though personal preference puts Civil War and Shallows as my #1 and #2. Then The Witch, then Cloverfield.

Oh and I edited the heck out of my previous post, added a full paragraph at the end while you were typing. :lol

Civil War and then The Witch for me...

I would have to think about other films... This has been a downer year for me so far :(

I get what you are saying about Cloverfield lane now... I liked that film. The ending did not bother me. With the title I knew something was coming. I just wish it was done better
Spoiler Spoiler:

The Ending of The Witch was perfect and could not have ended any other way :lecture

:lol

Too bad they went with JAWS instead of Star Wars, Mad Max, The Terminator, or Rocky (Creed) which all shockingly had sequels actually come out the year BTTF II took place. But they probably though "Star Wars? Mad Max? Nah, JAWS will definitely be forever."

I can't remember what we disagreed over BTTF about... Did I say I liked 2 more then the first movie?? You responded by saying "its like you don't know who I am anymore" :lol

I cant remember... Just know that I thought about that when I watched them over the last three weeks with my kids.

BTW part 2 was my 10 year olds fav :) My 7 year old like the first one best :)

Yeah it's funny how many things they got wrong in the Future.. But they did get a few things right.

The Ending of The Witch was perfect and could not have ended any other way :lecture

Absolutely! But as I said in my initial review for The Witch a few months back half my audience was OUTRAGED. People were literally saying "WHAT THE ***K??" and "that was the worst ****ing movie I've ever scene" in reaction to it. *I* was still in shock but then thought the audience reaction was hilarious and it cemented the finale as being perfect for me as well. :lol

I can't remember what we disagreed over BTTF about... Did I say I liked 2 more then the first movie... You responded by saying "its like you don't know who I am anymore" :lol

I cant remember... Just know that I thought about that when I watched them over the last three weeks with my kids.

BTW part 2 was my 10 year olds fav :) My 7 year old like the first one best :)

Yeah, I watched the trilogy like a year or two ago and was shocked at how pitch perfect the first movie still was (I mean I could almost put it up there with Raiders, JAWS, Fellowship, etc.) and then the next two were just terrible in comparison. I *am* a bit shocked that you liked them and it does further diminish your credibility in claiming that The Shallows ended poorly. :D

Yeah, I watched the trilogy like a year or two and was shocked at how pitch perfect the first movie still was (I mean I could almost put it up there with Raiders, JAWS, Fellowship, etc.) and then the next two were just terrible in comparison. I *am* a bit shocked that you liked them and it does further diminish your credibility in claiming that The Shallows ended poorly. :D

:lol BTTF 2 is an Oscar winner compared to The Shallow ;)

WOW... I would not call part 2 or three terrible. Even when comparing them to the first. Having said that I was never the biggest BTTF fan. I mean I like them but never loved them like so many others do. I would say I probably enjoyed the first film more then I ever have this last time I watched it.. So yeah.. It's timeless. As for the 2nd film there is just too much fun to be had and I like all the time bending stuff. Also like I said I still love the last half hour. In fact my single fav moment from the whole trilogy is when Doc sends Marty back to the future and then Marty comes running around the corner. I guess I could say 3 was terrible in comparison but I enjoyed that more this last time the I ever have. I use to really not like it. If the Doc love story was not in it the film could be a half hour shorter and much more streamlined and enjoyable.

Either way. You are right. Part 1 is the best by far.

You are wrong about the last 10 min of The Shallows though. Go watch Sharknado 1-4... I am sure they are right up your ally ;) ;) ;) :lol

Off to bed :)

BTTF 2 is an Oscar winner compared to The Shallow

:horror

Off to bed :)

Oh are you...

PrancingPony_Nazgul.jpg

BTW khev.. Off topic but I just got done watching the BTTF trilogy with my kids. Yes the first one is the best. But I still love part 2. The future stuff is not as good as I remember but I love all the revisiting of 1955 stuff. Probably my favorite moments of the entire trilogy. I enjoyed three more then I ever have before but its is the weakest of the trilogy.

I agree completely with this. :)

Yes when I heard it was going to be mostly a CG shark my expectations sank (no pun intended) but I literally jumped at the second scene you mentioned as did half the audience. Most realistic
Spoiler Spoiler:
ever seen on screen IMO.

And with regard to the other bit yeah

Spoiler Spoiler:

Exactly my thoughts for both scenes and that's why they are my two favorite parts of the movie.

I really wish there was more interaction between the surfer girl and the shark. They wasted too much screen time on her trying to heal herself, the drunk guy, and the bird with the broken wing. This movie needed to give more time to the shark itself. That should have been a given.

Lastly, I don't see what the deal is with her wanting to know what the name of the secret beach is. What did I miss? What was the point of that?

Nothing beats reality:

Although MEG is supposedly now being made!

I've been waiting for Meg to be made into a movie for years.

I'm looking forward to Meg as well, although I think Jason Statham might be mis-casted for this film. I have nothing against his acting or movies. I just have this visual of him trying to roundhouse kick a shark underwater. :lol

Back