Netflix's BLACK MIRROR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supernatural aspects just don’t belong in Black Mirror imo, it’s supposed to be technology/society based horror.

Make a different show.

It had more of a Love Death Robots vibe.
I’m not sure why the 5th episode was labelled “Red Mirror” but the 4th one wasn’t? Weird.

Would much rather they just made a spinoff. If they continue with supernatural elements in following seasons then I’m checking out.

Yeah first 3 episodes were good. The last 2 episodes, though, did not fit the theme of Black Mirror at all. It's quite bizarre that they thought they would fit this series.

Last edited:
I used to love Charlie Brooker.

Then he gave up fags, stopped playing video games,got married had kids and started jogging.

He then became singularly unfunny and his writing talents nosedived into mediocrity.

Coincidence?🤔

It happens to everyone. Just like Sick Boy said to Renton in Trainspotting. And to prove it, they got back together and made a sequel two decades later, and they lost it too.

It's like most artists, rock bands, novelists, etc. You're on fire with all kinds of new ideas right out of the gate, but it gets harder and harder to come up with anything new or interesting to say.

This "season" was just boring, predictable schlock. He really had some brilliant ideas , but he ran out of steam years ago.

Joan is Awful was really great imo. Loch Henry and Beyond the Sea were also fantastic. I also enjoyed Demon79, even though it didn't fit the Black Mirror theme imo. But the episode was enjoyable.

Only big miss was Mazey Day. What the heck is a werewolf doing in Black Mirror? And at the end the girl takes a photo of Mazey shooting herself? That was just sick and really out of character considering the way she had acted throughout the episode.

Finished the latest season last night. I enjoyed them all but trying to figure out if/how the last 2 episodes are connected to the universe.

Joan is Awful was really great imo. Loch Henry and Beyond the Sea were also fantastic. I also enjoyed Demon79, even though it didn't fit the Black Mirror theme imo. But the episode was enjoyable.

Only big miss was Mazey Day. What the heck is a werewolf doing in Black Mirror? And at the end the girl takes a photo of Mazey shooting herself? That was just sick and really out of character considering the way she had acted throughout the episode.
What was a demon doing in Black Mirror?

I think that was the whole point of the story.

I used to love Charlie Brooker.

I suppose part of the difficulty is that the entire "Look at what might happen with technology in a bad way" loses a little steam when real life use of technology shows instance after instance of pure insanity.
When real life and the truth is a bigger cautionary tale than Black Mirror, then it's hard to be innovative IMHO.

There was some video of a car crash or a shooting or something I saw a while back, something not safe, and a kid nearby had his phone out, he was taking video, and shouting " I got it, I got it recorded!" and I realized the kid was more concerned about getting footage to upload to infuse some influencer thingy, over not getting killed outright in the current moment.

Remember War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise. People were just staring at the alien ship, and most of the audience were probably thinking "Dude, for the love of God, just run and keep running" But you could totally see some TikToker standing there recording right before being zapped by a laser beam.

White Bear came out in 2013. It just hit different a decade ago compared to if it was released today.

15 Million Merits is still my favorite. There are so many interesting things to pick up on via rewatches, etc, etc.

Back