Netflix's BLACK MIRROR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hit play thinking it was season 1 episode 1 but it started at season 4 episode 1. Saw the first two and wow, this is disturbing but I mean that as a compliment because it is so intriguing and well done in tackling these scenarios that could very well exist soon, it reminds me of the Twilight Zone but in the digital world (the term black mirror I'm going to assume refers to the blank screen? just a guess or theory). It's scary and sad, but very thought-provoking. I only have a day left of Netflix, are there any episodes that are must-watches? I don't think i have enough time to get through all of them before the next time I sign up (accidentally got stuck with Prime so trying to save a bit $$ for a few months and had to make some cuts here and there). Just saw Hang the DJ and that was brilliant.

I thought Metalhead sucked. It was literally just 40 minutes of someone being chased. I got bored and skipped to the end.

I liked the rest of season 4, but "Hang the DJ" moved me so deeply, it's probably my favorite hour of television that I've seen in about ten years. (The last time I was this impressed was "The Constant" episode of LOST. Damn that show was so good and then sucked so hard.)

Anyway, I'm gonna work my way back and watch the rest of Black Mirror. Guess the order doesn't matter does it, cause it's basically the Twilight Zone and nothing is connected.

San Junipero - Probably the most positive and uplifting but the least plausible tech wise
The National Anthem - One of the most disturbing and the tech is all current
Shut Up and Dance - THE most disturbing and depressing as Frack

Black Mirror?...damn I thought it was a new superhero series...meh...pass

San Junipero, that was a sad one and a technology I wish could happen today because I've known a few people who've passed recently and I imagine them living in that world and being happy for eternity. Amazing.

I think I ended up watching Nosedive after but didn't get to finish it, my Netflix cut off. That was one crazy dystopian world all about popularity, which is very real though probably not to the extent it was portrayed there, where everyone appear "fake" being judged on ratings to do things in life. Kind of freaky. I have to see how it turned out, it shut down when she was being trucked over to the wedding.

The new Twilight Zone is propaganda trash. And even more insulting than that, just poorly written television.

Black Mirror is everything a modern Twilight Zone should be.

Has Miley Cyrus's voice always sounded like a grandma with emphysema?

It's very distracting.

The series creator is clearly out of ideas.

Offering a "season" of only three episodes is bad enough, but they ranged from not very good to downright terrible.

I watched the Miley Cyrus one first, cause I'd heard that was the worst. I actually liked it. It was cute.

Then I watched the video game one....Broke Black Mirror indeed.

I finally got around to the middle one, starring Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock. Terrible. Just awful. Stupid. Insipid. No real twist. Just a waste of an hour and ten minutes that could have been told in 15 minutes. Such a waste of time.

Hang it up man....Black Mirror is done.

New season is really underwhelming.

I've already forgotten at least one episode.

Can't believe Trent Reznor allowed them to Ripoff and then cover "Head Like A Hole" for the Miley Cyrus episode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Underwhelming is too kind. I found it to be awful.

That Cyrus episode made me want to throw myself off a cliff.

Back