Netflix's BLACK MIRROR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VR ep was pretty great. The dementia element hit close to home, but very well done

It was a gradual increase of all his fears until they landed at his ultimate nightmare. What an ending.

*As I first watched Playtest I kept thinking how much Wyatt Russell reminded me of a young Kurt Russell. Then after the episode ended, I look him up online & find out he's actually Kurt's son. Mind blown.

Can anyone explain what the ending to Playtest was about?
San Junipero was excellent, maybe it was the 80s nostalgia that got me, just like Stranger Things. But the premise of the story was well written.

Can anyone explain what the ending to Playtest was about?

The protagonist lost his father and best friend to alzheimer's and became estranged from his mother due to it (that's why he took off to see the world and never wanted to answer her calls).

His "final" nightmare was coming back home to find out that his Mom had also lost her mind because of the toll his absence had taken on her.

So he died 4 seconds into the initial VR test cause of that? That's what I didn't get, why he just died suddenly.

So he died 4 seconds into the initial VR test cause of that? That's what I didn't get, why he just died suddenly.

No. When the lady left the room, to get the missing page of the NDA, he turned his phone back on to take a picture of the VR device he was testing (to send to the girl he was hooking up with). His mother called while he was connected to the VR device and that phone call caused an interference with the device and it pretty much scrambled his brain.

Just got into this show (via netflix will have to locate originals online somewhere). Really good. Loved Nosedive and San Junipero

Just got done with "Shut Up and Dance" (I've got the last 3 of S3 to get through) and... damn. I kinda saw the twist coming but... still, damn...

I just watched the episode "Hang the DJ" and it destroyed me. I cried like a ***** for the whole second half.

I just turned 40 and I'm single. All the goddamn BS and hoops and hurdles of dating for the last twenty plus years, and I'm still single and I still have to keep trying. And things have only gotten worse. Guys that have been married for a long time...you have no idea how lucky you are to not have to deal with this.

I haven't been this affected by an hour of television in years.

That was a powerful ep. But it does glorify that initial Hollywood honeymoon phase.

I really liked the B/W episode with robo-dog. The actress drove me nuts but it was a really cool ep.

That was a powerful ep. But it does glorify that initial Hollywood honeymoon phase.

I really liked the B/W episode with robo-dog. The actress drove me nuts but it was a really cool ep.

What did you think of the final reveal?

Spoiler Spoiler:

What did you think of the final reveal?

Spoiler Spoiler:

My wife and I just looked at each other and laughed. It
Spoiler Spoiler:
I think that's what I liked so much.

Is this show Black Mirror, Sense 8, Expanse, or The Magicians worth watching with one last week of Netflix?

Back