The "Random BS & Medical Conspiracies" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How has the flu season been for you?

i like it better when VD meant venereal disease. :lol

I meant vitamin D bit also thought it was funny to type it VD, glad it was picked up :lol

That's what I was wondering about. I suspected he meant vitamin D but wasn't sure. Never heard of that abbreviation. 15-20 min of sun on the face and arms per day should take care of vitamin d needs.

You haven't "experienced" Teemu then?

I have not. But Im guessing this how you all see him...

Hipster+number+9+man.+Seen+on+the+latest+Futurama_01545b_3821213.jpg

:lol

LIES! typical article to demonize Vitamin C

I have been taking at least double to triple 2,000 mg for almost 20 years and have never experienced ANY of the negative symptoms mentioned. Plenty of other people have done likewise. I question the veracity of said claims of harm from too much vitamin C. The only negative side effect I know of is diarrhea from taking too much.

Exactly! There are no side effects to Natural Vitamin C (especially true RAW form).Whatever that your body does not use,it flushes it out...now if you ate a whole bottle of store bought Vitamin C,it might make you a little sick because it is filled with Sugar and other type of ingredients since most stores carry a processed Vitamin C.The best way to Absorb Vitamin C is through Juicing Raw Vegetables and Fruits or RAW supplements of C,though store bought C can be effective too,you have to watch out for the "artificial" flavors added to it (like aspartame and other chemical flavorings) which is actually what makes you sick ;)

It's said,and has been documented,that HIGH doses of pure Vitamin C can CURE Cancer.

I swear some folks in here really need to study up more....your body needs nutrition to function properly.Your body needs Vitamins and Minerals period.To attack such a vital nutrient such as Vitamin C is asinine.

No flut shot, lots of vitamin C and other vitamins = no flu and good flu season for me.

Wow, I made my post and then saw some demonizing vitamin C......laughable. Just laughable.

I wasn't demonizing anything. Just posting an article, just like you guys do. I take Vitamin C myself.

I wasn't demonizing anything. Just posting an article, just like you guys do. I take Vitamin C myself.

why did you post an article against Vitamin C then? :dunno

If you take Vitamin C then you're obviously for it...

Pack a day smoker, non-vitamin junky, got my first cold of the winter last weekend; it's mild and it's almost gone.

I don't consume any more vitamin C than what my body needs daily. I do eat a lot of eggs, fish and milk. Also, candy bars.

There are recent studies that suggest it can raise the risk of kidney stones in large doses. 3% of men in the study got them (the body breaks vitamin C down into oxelate, a component of the stones). The study is utterly inconclusive, but these are the kinds of marginal numbers you see when criticizing flu vaccines. Swine flu vaccinations in 1976 were attributed to Guillain-Barre syndrome because 13.3 in a million people receiving the shot got it in Ohio (8.6 per million in Michigan, 9.7 per million in Minnesota), compared 2.6 per million who received no shot. Actually, the vitamin C study's numbers are higher. There were only 900 men in the experiment and 31 got kidney stones.

I take garlic pills and I don't get sick

There are recent studies that suggest it can raise the risk of kidney stones in large doses. 3% of men in the study got them (the body breaks vitamin C down into oxelate, a component of the stones). The study is utterly inconclusive, but these are the kinds of marginal numbers you see when criticizing flu vaccines. Swine flu vaccinations in 1976 were attributed to Guillain-Barre syndrome because 13.3 in a million people receiving the shot got it in Ohio (8.6 per million in Michigan, 9.7 per million in Minnesota), compared 2.6 per million who received no shot. Actually, the vitamin C study's numbers are higher. There were only 900 men in the experiment and 31 got kidney stones.
The real culprit in kidney stones is uric acid, not ascorbic acid. Uric acid is known to cause stones, conclusively.
With vitamin C, the RDA is only enough to prevent scurvy, NOT to promote optimum health., That is because promoting optimum health is against the business interests of the drug companies.
Remember, the AMA was founded by Rockefeller to sell drugs.

If you promote optimum health, you prevent disease, and that is bad for the business of the drug companies, and fast food and junk food companies. That's a lot of money, and a lot of power against promoting optimum health and disease prevention.
Of course, promoting optimum health reduces flu vaccine sales too...

I take garlic pills and I don't get sick

Garlic pills work very well. I recommend them when sick or first signs of sickness in particular. I use organic Kyolic brand.

The real culprit in kidney stones is uric acid, not ascorbic acid. Uric acid is known to cause stones, conclusively.
With vitamin C, the RDA is only enough to prevent scurvy, NOT to promote optimum health., That is because promoting optimum health is against the business interests of the drug companies.
Remember, the AMA was founded by Rockefeller to sell drugs.

If you promote optimum health, you prevent disease, and that is bad for the business of the drug companies, and fast food and junk food companies. That's a lot of money, and a lot of power against promoting optimum health and disease prevention.
Of course, promoting optimum health reduces flu vaccine sales too

Exactly!! :goodpost: :clap (so nice to read intelligent and truthful posts)

Uric acid comes from drinking Softdrinks like SODA,BEER,ICY TEA etc NOT from Vitamin C.....Many Soft Drinks are Acidic and Cancer thrives in an Acidic body state

Vitamin C is a soulable Vitamin,whatever your body does not use,it flushes it out......but Drinking alot of Soft Drinks will give you kidney stones and is the real culprit...

Exactly!! :goodpost: :clap (so nice to read intelligent and truthful posts)

Uric acid comes from drinking Softdrinks like SODA,BEER,ICY TEA etc NOT from Vitamin C.....Many Soft Drinks are Acidic and Cancer thrives in an Acidic body state

Vitamin C is a water soluble Vitamin,whatever your body does not use,it flushes it out......but Drinking alot of Soft Drinks will give you kidney stones and is the real culprit...

I edited your post.
Soft drinks containing uric acid. So soft drinks aren't so soft...

Uric Acid is also in meat.
The body can process 8 grains of uric acid in a day.
One quarter pound hamburger has more than that. The body produces it's own uric acid, so eating hamburgers or other meats puts you over limit and on the road to kidney stones, and gout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back