Scam alert - Peter Martinez Kamino 3d Facility

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwelveInchFigures

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't like doing this one bit, I like to keep things positive these days... but I don't want to say nothing and have others go through what I have, so here goes... reporting my experience with Pedro "Peter" Martinez and Kamino 3D Facility, he also goes by lunatiixz on some sites (he did for awhile on eBay but changed it to kamino3dfacility, just be aware he uses both names). And while he technically might not be a scammer (I honestly don't know, I just know he operates like one) I would certainly not ever want to deal with someone like him again.

I placed a large order with him, he seemed very friendly and knowledgeable, a pleasure to chat with. I ordered one of his AT-RTs, Droideka, Neo's Speeder, data pad, mortar, and assorted clone trooper weapons, via PayPal.

The delivery date came and went. This was right about the time COVID19 was beginning to be taken seriously, so there were no shortages at that time due to the pandemic, not yet anyway. The order should have been mostly completed by then (as it turns out, it seems he had only bothered printing 1 or 2 items by the due date, from what I gathered. He said he had lots of other orders, and that he has to fulfill them in order - which I completely understand... then later he confessed that he didn't have that many orders.)

I talked with Peter, and he assured me things were progressing and it would just be a little longer. Then he said he couldn't get some supplies due to the virus. Then he said he got the supplies but his 3D printer broke. Then his dog was sick and needed an operation.

He promised no less than 5 times a shipment and tracking number. One was never provided and he never came to me, I would eventually come to him to see where things were at. He always had some excuse, I was patient but my patience was starting to wear thin as twice the time had passed since the original delivery was promised and I hadn't seen so much as a single accessory.

Finally, I had enough and opened a dispute on PayPal. After that, he went from nice guy to one of the most vindictive, manipulative, and nasty people I have ever had the displeasure of communicating with. Then he apologized and said he sent something out the day before the case was opened. He even sent me a tracking number, but it had just been created.

Sure enough, I did get a package from him a few days later, and it was post-dated the very same day I opened a dispute. It was the smallest, cheapest part of my order, a DC-17 clone blaster in 1/6 scale. It looked good, but whenever I handled it, little bits of chalk-like substance would get all over from it. I put it in a clone figure's hand and the chalk like stuff was all over the clone figure's hand after. I contacted him, and he said that had never happened before, he would send me a new one.

Of course I never got it.

I wasn't happy with how he treated me, but I agreed to wait a little longer. He was going to send me pictures of my order then mail them out. So now the day comes when he's supposed to mail things out, and he wants me to first cancel the dispute. I tried to explain to him that if I do that he gets to keep the money and I have no way of getting help if he doesn't send me my order. He got nasty once again, and said he wouldn't send the order out as long as there was a dispute open because I could steal his money. I pointed out to him that I wasn't the one who had a trail of broken promises.

I wasted enough time on this guy, he was insulting and I have the Facebook chat to prove it. But I've had enough. I escalated the PayPal dispute to a claim, and they told me they are investigating him. In fact, I know (now) that others have had issues with him - gotten defective or sub-par orders, no orders at all, or orders that came a long time after they were promised, and that he uses other people's files and images as well.

The thing that gets me the most is, at the end he said he would drag this out as long as he could because I was "impatient". I could not believe how despite my being VERY patient with him, he was so petty and vindictive. I told him, look man I just want my order or a refund, that's all... you can't keep both, that's called stealing. As you can imagine, that just set him off.

I truly wish things had gone better, this turned out to be a massive waste of time for me, and the way I was treated I would never imagine someone treating a paying customer this way.

So yeah, I know a few of you have said that Peter is a nice guy and knowledgeable. I can verify this, he IS an EXTREMLY nice guy and knowledgeable... right up until something doesn't go his way, and then he's a NIGHTMARE; there is only one other person I dealt with online who was this bad. But anyway, my experience will hopefully spare some of you the grief of dealing with him.

He is on Facebook, Instagram, Etsy, eBay, and probably more places, and does 1/6 scale and 1:12 scale 3D Star Wars prints.

So deal with him at your own risk. If you had a better experience, consider yourself lucky.

UPDATE: he added tracking for the defective DC-17 blaster as "proof" of "order fulfillment". I told PayPal rep about this defective part, and I'd be happy to return it. Man, this guy is tricky and underhanded, he truly is going to drag this out as long as he can. If he's done this to others too, it's no wonder PayPal is investigating him.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've had similar ones but none where they got nasty, but the usual excuses and shipment promises. Luckily I got all my items and they were on par for the most part.

I reeeeeally don't understand WHY custom artists do this. I mean I guess I do, but I truly think initially they have good intentions, but then:

• their workload catches up with them b/c they accepted so many orders while underestimating how to manage their time. They just see the deposits piling up in their bank account aka greed
  • they don't tell any of their customers about delays-the customer always has to do it and at that point the customer is usually near boiling from the overdue wait w/o communication
  • then they act like the victim and you should be more understanding when you paid for something months or even years ago and haven't received not one item.

This is literally why I don't take painting commissions anymore. The times I did, I was always on time but it's too much pressure when you have a regular 9-5 plus life going on let alone a customer waiting on something they paid for, so I KNEW time would get away from me and there would be days when I just didn't want to paint. A lot of beginners just see how much extra money they could be making if they take all these commissions and don't think about what happens when you don't deliver.

I hope you get your money back :peace

Sorry to hear about your experience. As someone who was considering some of his stuff when the monies are available, I'll most likely pass on his services. I have experienced to much of this kind of stuff. I always ask about availability before hand and always encourage the customizer in question to just keep me in the loop. But they rarely do and the excuses are endless.

We all have the 9 - 5s, plus personal stuff, we're all busy. Yet i always get my payment out on time, even when they require money order or something like that.

If i were to ever create something for sale, i would only sell stuff i have in stock and not take orders. I think that's the way to make sure you keep your promises.

I hope it goes well for you!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Gipetto and Prvt, I hope I get refunded too, it will be a huge blow to the wallet if I don't.

Gipetto, I get what you mean about people getting into something and not thinking it through. I don't get nastiness on this guy's part.

Sad thing is, I really liked him (well, before he showed his true colors, anyway). I can't say I blame you not doing commissions any more, tonight I completely get it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a terrible experience. Thanks for taking the time to provide the warning.

Fortunately I have only had a couple slightly bad experiences so far. One getting ready to go on right now with a custom painter that’s had my sculpt for over a year and a half.

Did you have another thread related to this, a week or so ago, asking for an advice? This guy's excuses sound too familiar....

Thanks Gipetto and Prvt, I hope I get refunded too, it will be a huge blow to the wallet if I don't.

Gipetto, I get what you mean about people getting into something and not thinking it through. I don't get nastiness on this guy's part.

Sad thing is, I really liked him (well, before he showed his true colors, anyway). And I really wanted an AT-RT. I have enjoyed collecting and interacting with people, buying stuff, selling the backdrops I make, and the general creativity and camaraderie in this hobby. But now I'm truly discouraged. Maybe it's all enough already. I can't say I blame you not doing commissions any more, tonight I completely get it.

I hear you, man. It really does put a sour taste in your mouth about the ppl in this hobby when stuff like this happens. They always start off nice until you start asking "hey where's my stuff??" or saying you want a refund b/c it's been well past the due date. Once you want your money back they turn into pretty monstrous human beings.

Man I'm sorry to have to say sorry, and not to knock him in anyway, but I see the quality in some of his stuff and they looks just alright compared to others like Poisoned Harley Customs and Wattos Scrapyard. If you want quality people to go to for that stuff that are good guys and dont gouge I would say message Matt Birdwell at PHC (hes spider rogue from here) and Shawn Fear from Watto's Scrapyard on facebook. Let them know that Quinn sent you.

Matt is actually doing alot of clone stuff in there because Spudtrooper and some of the old vets from these parts are still doing clone work.

Shawn has actually been doing alot of the headsculpts from clone wars and some female mando armor sets as well. His custom headsculpting is the cheapest I've seen in an artist and super nice and humble as well.

I'm glad that you shared with us. Appreciate you. Here's hoping that they send your money back!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the support. Coco, hope youre able to get your issue resolved without any problem... it's one thing if they keep you updated from time to time, at least, but when someone doesn't even bother to do that, then I start to get a bad feeling - but hope it goes well for you.

Gipetto, so after someone has waited and waited and waited, it's pretty common for them to get nastly like this? Wow, talk about nasty.

Thanks so much for the info DruknknIronRabit (Love that name, by the way!), that's very helpful. I'll see what they've done, and will maybe go with them if I do get my money back... since I blew my entire budget for the next 2-3 years on this single order- equal to about 6 average priced Hot Toys (and like many of us here, I'm not rich and have to work for my money!) - so we're not talking a small amount (at least for me). I never do this, I'm usually more careful and normally would order just one thing from a new person and see how it goes, but I got stupid, liked what I thought he had to offer, and fell for his tactics ("I have to do them in the order I get payment, so if you wait on anything it may be considerably longer" - I don't mind waiting and that should have warned me right there, despite him seeming nice and knowledgable... and I fell for it!).

J, yes I did ask about him a short time back. Even though things were starting to get bumpy with the deal at that point, he was aware of my inquiry on here, and I deleted the thread to try to get him to calm down and assure him I wasn't trying to "pull anything", but it didn't help and things definitely went off the tracks anyway. Funny how the guy who really is the one pulling something is so paranoid about everyone else trying to pull something on him... it must be exhausting living that way, because you expect everyone else to be the same way you are!

Just to show people the single item I DID get from my order (as mentioned, a DC-17) you can see in the pictures the material is "unbinding" and leaving a chalky residue on everything, you can see some of it on the clone trooper hand in one of the pictures. Whether he sent me a defective part on purpose after I contacted PayPal just so he could use the tracking to say "See, I sent his order", or whether all his stuff this way, I don't know...

View attachment 482990
View attachment 482991
View attachment 482992

Last edited:
Peter just posted his version of the story on Facebook, probably because I posted on mine warning people about him. I'm not surprised he out-and-out lies. I let people know, done my part, now I'll move on and pray to God that I get a refund eventually. Anyone wants to deal with him, that's their business.

Thanks for the update, let us know the claim outcome.
The reason I've said in the other thread that you should open a claim without waiting, is because when excuses start, they don't end ( usually ). I've learned this the hard way a few years back, and since then, always managed to recover my funds from dead-beat sellers.

Thanks J - and I take your point, I believe you're right - once excuses start, the customizer has shown his hand. Doesn't matter how good something is, if there's no follow-through I may as well save myself the trouble.

After contacting PayPal again, I'm fairly confident I should see a full refund, it just may take a few weeks (not gonna sweat it).

This might actually be a blessing in disguise... Someone on another site suggested I run the AT-RT project by Joost at JazzInc Diormas - even though he's booked up with projects now, since it's Star Wars and I know he's planning on doing the Jedi Starfighter if Hot Toys doesn't put theirs out for pre-order this year, he might be interested in the AT-RT for a future project. It would be a few years down the road, but he'd do it justice for sure, he's trustworthy, and it would be well worth waiting for!

One of Kamino3DFacility's ex customers wasn't happy with the AT-RT he got anyway, which is sad for the amount of money being charged for it... I feel sorry for his customers (especially now that I know what kind of "quality" - or lack thereof - they have to look forward to, and what passes for "customer service"!)... I guess I really dodged a bullet!

Just a quick update - looks like most of the items Peter is offering such as helmets and weapons that he claimed he was creating are actually from Shapeways.com marketplace where you can buy the files authored by Stadin Technologies. Peter was sending me StadinTech's images to show "finished product", go figure. They have a website here - https://www.stadintech.com/ and I am contacting them since they offer a very nice BARC Speeder in 1/6 scale.

Last edited:
Thanks J - and I take your point, I believe you're right - once excuses start, the customizer has shown his hand. Doesn't matter how good something is, if there's no follow-through I may as well save myself the trouble.

After contacting PayPal again, I'm fairly confident I should see a full refund, it just may take a few weeks (not gonna sweat it).

This might actually be a blessing in disguise... Someone on another site suggested I run the AT-RT project by Joost at JazzInc Diormas - even though he's booked up with projects now, since it's Star Wars and I know he's planning on doing the Jedi Starfighter if Hot Toys doesn't put theirs out for pre-order this year, he might be interested in the AT-RT for a future project. It would be a few years down the road, but he'd do it justice for sure, he's trustworthy, and it would be well worth waiting for!

One of Kamino3DFacility's ex customers wasn't happy with the AT-RT he got anyway, which is sad for the amount of money being charged for it... I feel sorry for his customers (especially now that I know what kind of "quality" - or lack thereof - they have to look forward to, and what passes for "customer service"!)... I guess I really dodged a bullet!
I had heard that the AT-RT was something I shouldn't buy from him because of that same fact from another fellow Star Wars Clone Era collector.

And thanks from Before my Screen name is reference to my martial Practice. Drunken is my favorite fist of choice and Iron my favorite discipline. Rabbit or woodland cat by the taoist calendar is just my star sign.

Just a quick update - looks like most of the items Peter is offering such as helmets and weapons that he claimed he was creating are actually from Shapeways.com marketplace where you can buy the files authored by Stadin Technologies. Peter was sending me StadinTech's images to show "finished product", go figure. They have a website here - https://www.stadintech.com/ and I am contacting them since they offer a very nice BARC Speeder in 1/6 scale.
Were you ever refunded? He claims on facebook he would refund you.

Thank you for asking.

Nope. Not a penny.

He said he would drag it out as long as possible, too bad it's the first time he's kept his word, otherwise we wouldn't even be in this situation. He hasn't responded to PayPal yet, he has a few days more to respond. I expect he'll drag it out even longer by responding at the last minute, not worried, he hasn't a leg to stand on, and PayPal is keeping tabs on all of this - including how he hasn't sent a refund, and how he hasn't responded; ultimately he will be responsible for his own downfall.

Good news is so far things are going well with Stadin Technologies, I wouldn't be surprised if I get my order from them before I get my money back from Kamino 3D Conning Facility.

Hey Sherry you said i steal designs thats not true i showed you my work and when i showed you imagines that werent mine i clearly told you. You and I had bad communications were we ending up here and please dont say i didnt offer you a refund i did ask you twice you said no and let?s continue im not trying to keep going on and on you were refunded but paypal is moving it slowly all the way too may 20 so thats on there end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, I told Peter my name when chatting on FB, Sherry's name was on the paying account. What he said at the end on FB seems worse since apparently he thought he was talking with a woman and not another guy.

Update: Several hours after posting here on 4/24, I got an email from PayPal saying "We're reviewing the information provided by Pedro Martinez in response to a case you filed on April 3, 2020." I saw nothing new in the case, still no response from Peter. I did notice that now there's a pending refund for the money I paid him in the recent activity section. So I figure it's because of the deadline for him responding is this week.

Shortly after that, I found out he was banned from the Facebook Clone Wars Collectors Group, where he used to sell. This was due ONLY IN PART to someone sharing my first post above on there, and ALSO IN RESPONSE TO OTHERS HAVING REPORTED ISSUES WITH HIM. I joined the group that day to check it out. If you're considering buying from Peter, you can see responses (both for and against him) for yourself on the Facebook group, and make your own mind up.

Also be aware that there are others on that group and on here who are selling very nice AT-RT walkers, BARC Speeders, and Clone buckets and weapons - which is wonderful news as far as I'm concerned!

Last edited:
I have been a part of that FB Cline Wars Collectors Group for a couple of months now.

To add two twelveinchfigures comments. I was very confused, for a while, about certain offerings. This was because someone would post an update on a project and say that things were about ready if folks wanted to order. It seems he (Peter) frequently piggybacked on that timing to offer his own version of said item. For a while i thought many other members were associated with his offerings. It was just before things broke here that i had put it together that they were not the same but different folk offering the same things.

From my vantage point, it seems he thrived on that confusion.

In full disclosure i have had no personal dealings with him and will not based on my personal observations and other collectors bad experiences stated both here and on the FB group.

Although after looking over his FB profile, he looks like he may have been a part of a group if 1/6 guys in Southern California that would come to these BBQs that Echo Base Toys would sponsor. His face looks very familiar. They would get a good turnout, but i was mostly doing WWII and most of my friends that would go are from that 1/6 focus. It's sad when guys either get in over their head or just choose to behave poorly.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I finally got refunded (despite kamino3Dfacility NEVER refunding me - after it was dragged out to the end, PayPal ruled in my favor). Glad it's finally over and I'm getting much better quality stuff from the original actual artists!

Back