"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

Reboot is a marketing term anyway, it's entirely possibly this will be Predator 3. Fingers crossed...

And yet no point calling it a 'reboot' if they're gonna use the same creature. Might aswell just be a prequel or a sequel.....which would be perfectly fine I might add
Folks who don't know better might want to consider disregarding a-dev's post here. He's a huge T2 apologist, and won't acknowledge the obvious fact that T2 is essentially an alternate reality re-envisioning of T1. His argument that the same character/look means it's a legit prequel or sequel is just a rationalization toward this end.

And yet no point calling it a 'reboot' if they're gonna use the same creature. Might aswell just be a prequel or a sequel.....which would be perfectly fine I might add

Just to add, it could be a reboot while having the same creature.

Like the one we saw in Predators that due to a smaller budget looked exactly like Earth...
That was not the homeworld that was their Game Reserve I am thinking more along the lines of what they showed in avpr were the wolf was in his chair and then used his small ship to go to earth.

you are right about the budget constraints. I am just thinking they have done the jungle and the urban jungle why not send us to their home world

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I think some of you are not really taking into account what it takes to put one Predator on screen, so although a movie on their home world would be great, I don't think it could financially be done. CGI Preds would look like garbage and it takes a lot of time just to put together one Predator. On their home world type movie, they would need to make a lot more than 4 or 5 Preds. I don't really think another Pred film could be done on earth unless it's in the arctic or the dessert.

I hope we never see the Predator world in the big screen, let them have some mystery ffs.

Save for the comics, I'm fine never seeing the pred planet.

A huge part of the fun of the first Predator was waiting to see what the creature finally looked like and also figuring out its tactics and "rules" as the story progressed. You really can't do that again without redesigning the creature and its capabilities, and once you go there you might as well just make an unrelated movie.

:exactly: :exactly:

Folks who don't know better might want to consider disregarding a-dev's post here. He's a huge T2 apologist, and won't acknowledge the obvious fact that T2 is essentially an alternate reality re-envisioning of T1. His argument that the same character/look means it's a legit prequel or sequel is just a rationalization toward this end.

Just to add, it could be a reboot while having the same creature.

But the question would remain.....why? Same creature but new human characters? Just call it Predator 3 (or '4' if Predators is 3) Same creature but a recast Dutch, Dillon & co? Why the ****......

But the question would remain.....why? Same creature but new human characters? Just call it Predator 3 (or '4' if Predators is 3) Same creature but a recast Dutch, Dillon & co? Why the ****......

Because Hollywood :lecture :lol

I get you though, I much prefer a sequel, cast the Rock, have Dutch make a cameo, winning recipe.

Oh, and have a normal Predator, not any of those SuperPred crap.

uge7ejyh.jpg

Back