"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

After a 1:4 Berserker no matter how much some dislike it :pfft:

A cool Predator design cannot make up for a crappy movie GG!

I like Berserker's design. I understand that as a movie yeah, Predators was miles ahead in terms of quality and pretty much everything else over AVPR. But personally, as a Predator fan, Predators fell short and disappointed with their Preds.

So this new movie has been now been confirmed as a sequel to the original 87 Predator, but wasn't the movie Predators based after the original predator? :dunno

the way I see it Predators and Predator 2 are BOTH taking place at the same time After predator.

Or at least around the same time. No predator or AVP movie is a direct sequel to the first one just like the CROW sequels have Nothing to do with the first one. (or how the Mask 2 or Blair Witch Project 2 or Home alone 3 and 4 Don't connect to the first ones)

It is simple, they take place in the same universe so technically the are "Sequels" but they do NOT follow the first movie or any of the characters.

I like Berserker's design. I understand that as a movie yeah, Predators was miles ahead in terms of quality and pretty much everything else over AVPR. But personally, as a Predator fan, Predators fell short and disappointed with their Preds.
That's all I wanted to hear :)

But yeah, Wolf is a pretty awesome design wasted on that garbage.

the way I see it Predators and Predator 2 are BOTH taking place at the same time After predator.

Or at least around the same time. No predator or AVP movie is a direct sequel to the first one just like the CROW sequels have Nothing to do with the first one. (or how the Mask 2 or Blair Witch Project 2 or Home alone 3 and 4 Don't connect to the first ones)

It is simple, they take place in the same universe so technically the are "Sequels" but they do NOT follow the first movie or any of the characters.

Yea, I don't see Predators 2 as a true sequel to the original (storywise) as each movie has different Predator characters (Classic and City Preds) if they were to have encorporated the classic Pred in P2 then maybe you'd get more of a connection in terms of it being a sequel but I never saw it that way and treat them as two different movies.

But with the movie Predators, there are many quotes from the movie which relates to what happened in the original so that's why I got confused at this new movie being called a sequel...

Yea, I don't see Predators 2 as a true sequel to the original (storywise) as each movie has different Predator characters (Classic and City Preds) if they were to have encorporated the classic Pred in P2 then maybe you'd get more of a connection in terms of it being a sequel but I never saw it that way and treat them as two different movies.

But with the movie Predators, there are many quotes from the movie which relates to what happened in the original so that's why I got confused at this new movie being called a sequel...

the girl in predators knew about the original predator and Arnold. But in Predator 2 this guy knew all about the predator and how he was defeated as well.

So Both movies reference the first one and a person from each movie knows the story of the first predator. So yeah, Both movies acknowledge the predator and are probably happening at the same time

predator2-56.jpg

Which makes this new movie the third movie that might be going on at the same time as Predators or P2. 3 movies all happening at the same time after the first one

Which makes this new movie the third movie that might be going on at the same time as Predators or P2. 3 movies all happening at the same time after the first one

I'd like it to take place before Predator 2 and Predators. Have it take place after the original and just have it about the hunt again. The only way you can expand on Predator 2 is to have the special force team capture a Predator and experiment on it. I understand fans want it to explore the Predator mythology but the average movie goer these days isn't going to care about seeing how Preds spend their free time.

One well written Predator with the correct amount of screen time > Multiple Preds that die within minutes of eachother.

I guess one the first predator dies there could be a second predator that was waiting or something

I guess one the first predator dies there could be a second predator that was waiting or something

Do we really want to see another Predator die though? It takes away the whole menace of the creature. Part of what made the original work was that fact that not even a tough guy could kill a Predator in a one on one fist fight, he had to outsmart it and wait for the correct moment to deliver the knock-out punch. Even then, it committed suicide due to it's injuries.

i wish at least once the predator won and returned home. But Fox doesn't have the courage to pull that off.

they could always have the predator hunt on boat and go to Manhattan lol :lol

7VpHlEL.jpg

Last edited:

i wish at least once the predator won and returned home. But Fox doesn't have the courage to pull that off.

I'd like to see both the human character and the Predator pretty much dead after the final fight with the Predator having to limp back to a solo Predator ship and taking off and returning to a mother ship with the trophies captured from his latest outing.

(At the moment our main protagonist looks up and say's "He'll be back". Cut to black screen with PREDATOR title logo). :D

that's...... Good!......... sometimes fans come up with these ideas and make me think, why the f-- don't studios or writers think of that?????

that's...... Good!......... sometimes fans come up with these ideas and make me think, why the f-- don't studios or writers think of that?????

Haha I know. I know it's not very imaginative but I've always had that shot in my mind when thinking about an ending to a Predator movie. I always imagined the solo pod ship would be the Preds base whilst on a hunt. It would be a cool and simple way of expanding on their hunting and surviving aspects, such as having a Pred style GPS system in the ship to track prey and give maps of the hunting area etc. :dunno :D

No, I mean it!
It's like when people start to talk about the Matrix sequels and random fans will come up with this great ideas that seem so Obvious when you hear them... I remember being blown away by some of the stuff people were saying about how to end the Matrix trilogy before. Ideas that sound so good.

(Same goes for the Star War prequels as well, some awesome ideas that fans come up with)

the idea of having both the predator and the human live at the end sounds so simple but trying to picture that is really awesome.

Back