"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

I thought Brody did a good job with the role that he was given.
Don't get me wrong - he's a great actor, I just thought he was a bad fit for the character.

I never minded the Bale voice, pretty much every movie does it these days.
Only the ones where they growl instead of talk - not as big a percentage as you're implying I'm afraid. :lol

Everything was too serious though, especially with over serious characters that we all wanted to see die anyway.
I can agree with that somewhat - although I liked Alice Braga, the Japanese guy & the Eastern European dude.

Topher Grace & the rapist pleb, were in need of a kick in the pants the whole way through. :lol

Last edited:

Like ALIENS and RoboCop, Predator doesn't need a reboot. There's nothing in the first movie that still doesn't stand up today. Hell the creature effects are actually superior to some designs that came out THIS YEAR.

That's one of the problems with doing a reboot here. The original is still a great movie and better than a lot of the garbage Hollywood is dumping out today.
It's difficult but not impossible... the next movie needs a good script that's executed well and have nothing to do with Rodriguez Predators.

I don't need to name **** :lol
There's a thing called CASTING for such an occasion.

Kevin Peter Hall and Ian Whyte were basketball players, I'd start there :wink1:

I think a reboot is needless. There are options to expand the franchise. So little is known about the Predators they could expand on the mythos, they could do a Space story, a prequel set in any number if time periods ect...

I wanna see a small film, exploring some of the family dynamics of Predators. You know, what happens when the young daughter gets knocked up, and the conflict between that family and the family of the baby daddy Predator. The struggles over income, for Predators who have to contend with ever increasing costs of living and trying to keep up with more affluent neighbors. Predators struggling for identity as they go through puberty and into college. Predators having to deal with the delights and dilemmas of retirement, that sort of thing. The other Predator films did a poor job of showing us these things.

I wanna see a small film, exploring some of the family dynamics of Predators. You know, what happens when the young daughter gets knocked up, and the conflict between that family and the family of the baby daddy Predator. The struggles over income, for Predators who have to contend with ever increasing costs of living and trying to keep up with more affluent neighbors. Predators struggling for identity as they go through puberty and into college. Predators having to deal with the delights and dilemmas of retirement, that sort of thing. The other Predator films did a poor job of showing us these things.

:rotfl :rotfl

Back