"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

Nothing will top the original but hopefully they can do it justice with a great movie :pray:
More Predator has got to be a good thing :pray: :pray: :pray:

While the initial report said that new Predator film would be a reboot, Black tells us “Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?” Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can really get behind inventive sequels.”

Yeaaaah, "rich mythology" sounds like "we have comics to adapt"...
And he really should not talk about "inventive sequels" after that iStark Three abomination.

Yeaaaah, "rich mythology" sounds like "we have comics to adapt"...
And he really should not talk about "inventive sequels" after that iStark Three abomination.

I don't mind that, comicbooks have some great Predator stories.

Boy a Tarzan vs Predator movie would be insane! :panic:

Glad the "Reboot" idea/rumor has been debunked. Personally, I'd rather see Arnold back as an older Dutch, then seeing him in another Terminator film.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Predator: Concrete Jungle or Cold War storylines adapted. Both stories feature Dutch's brother.

We've already seen a new RoboCop and a revamped Terminator is on the way, but now the sci-fi action flick Predator is in line for a new entry. According to The Hollywood Reporter, filmmaker Shane Black is writing the treatment for a new chapter in the series and is attached to direct. Fred Dekker (RoboCop 3) will write the actual script itself.

Initial reports were that Black would be making a reboot of Predator, but the director recently told Collider that wasn't strictly the case. "Why start over, when you've all this rich mythology yet to mine?" he said. Of course, given the nature of the Predator storyline, it's not clear just where the line between reboot and sequel lies. A new film could simply be about yet another creature landing somewhere in the universe, without referencing the original film in any way, and still be considered a sequel.

Black rose to prominence in the 1980s as the screenwriter of action movies like Lethal Weapon and The Last Boy Scout. Save for the underrated Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, however, he had largely stayed quiet during the past decade — until he took on Iron Man 3. That film turned the Tony Stark formula on its head, with Black bringing his unique action sensibilities and sarcastic wit to the project. As a piece of trivia, Black actually had a small role in the original Predator itself (spoiler: his character didn't survive) and given the meandering turns the franchise has taken since the 1987 original he might be a perfect fit to put a new twist on the familiar movie monster.

Update 6/25 3:24PM: Updated with quote from Shane Black and his clarification that the new film is a sequel, not a reboot.

Glad the "Reboot" idea/rumor has been debunked. Personally, I'd rather see Arnold back as an older Dutch, then seeing him in another Terminator film.

Exactly!!! :goodpost:

I'm thinking a scene with old Duth schooling the new hero (hopefully the Rock) on how to kill preds :rock:

Shane Black: "Geez, this is not a reboot! Geez, this is not a reboot!"

4dcf58e960583a63fc77463c303dd2737a365aec8d8966fcd26450715b1d1d48.jpg

:bow

So this new movie has been now been confirmed as a sequel to the original 87 Predator, but wasn't the movie Predators based after the original predator? :dunno

At the moment the only universally accepted Predator film is the first one. Fans will debate on and on about whether or not Predator 2 and Predators are true sequels but until that day comes when everyone likes a new Predator film the studios will continue to keep making these 'true' sequels to the original. :lol

Somewhere inbetween I assume...

But then any events would of also been referenced in Predators, if it takes place on Earth...

Maybe it should be a Predators sequel then

:huh Guess we'll have to wait and see.

But then any events would of also been referenced in Predators, if it takes place on Earth...

If it's set in between Predator and Predatos then at least it can just completely ignore the events of Predators.

At the moment the only universally accepted Predator film is the first one. Fans will debate on and on about whether or not Predator 2 and Predators are true sequels but until that day comes when everyone likes a new Predator film the studios will continue to keep making these 'true' sequels to the original. :lol

Cool, thanks guys :hi5: definitely intrigued with this project as it means a possible new Predator Maquette by Sideshow :yess:

Back