The oficial "HT has no excuse not to do an accurate alien" thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The McFarlane one doesn't look too bad with the HT ones, but a better "Big Chap" is definately warranted.

TheAliens.jpg

All I want is the original ALIEN and the ALIEN3 Alien(My favorite design and ALIEN movie).

That'd kick ass, man! :rock

I always liked the Dog Alien design and the original design. I don't really care for the Resurrection or AVP Aliens(Too fleshy and B-monster-like).

When it comes to Aliens or Predators, the originals are ALWAYS the best....

That'd kick ass, man! :rock

I always liked the Dog Alien design and the original design. I don't really care for the Resurrection or AVP Aliens(Too fleshy and B-monster-like).

When it comes to Aliens or Predators, the originals are ALWAYS the best....

To me the logic of the Resurrection design was that they were genetic freaks caused by the fact that the Queen wasn't "pure".

But the Aliens in AVP were pure BS, of all the flaws in AVP the design of the Aliens was the only one that Really pissed me off.

True about the Res. Aliens, though I personally like to think A: R didn't happen, since it cheapens Ripley's sacrifice in A3.

But yeah, agreed about the AVP design. Hopefully AVP3 will bring back our beloved Bio-Mech Aliens, and not this B-movie design crap.

Well, I've got some (maybe) good news and bad news for ya.

Randy Falk, NECA's Director of Product Development, gave an interview to the guys over at Figures.com.

There was some discussion on the forthcoming 18" Alien, including possible plans for a smaller scale Alien figure.

Unfortunately, the 18" Predator might not see the light of day.

Excerpt:

"Figures.com: In addition to Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem figures, NECA has announced an 18" Alien from the original film. Will the latter be a new sculpt or based on the classic Kenner/Tsukuda designs? When can fans expect to see it hit retail?

Randy Falk (Randy): The 18" Alien is an all-new sculpt that literally took forever. Our lead sculptor, Kyle Windrix, is one of the biggest Alien fans ever and he set out to really nail every detail. There have been a lot of Alien toys before, and some are better then others, but there has never been one that is fully movie accurate in terms of detail or proportions. This is the definitive Alien figure and it will be available this Spring.

Figures.com: Are there plans for figures based on the other Alien and/or Predator movies? Obviously fans would love to see an 18" Predator.

Randy: Hopefully we will offer the original 18" Alien figure in the smaller 7"-8" scale and perhaps an Aliens Warrior. Beyond that I'm not sure. I would loveto see an 18" Predator as much as anyone, but the 18" figures cost a lot to produce and the retail climate along with the economy and rising costs to manufacture make that a long shot for the time being."

Im anxious to see some pics of this man, im sure it will look awesome!

I think the definitive ALIEN piece out right now thats not scarce is that Diorama from ADI

I was about to sell my 18"-ers (the few that I have) until I read the article and saw the beginning sculpt of Kane's Son - THIS WILL BE THE DEFINITIVE ALIEN (at least until/unless HOT TOYS does one - if they decide to go the original route like NECA, I know they can get it spot-on). I figure an 18" ALIEN from NECA and a 1/6 one from HOT TOYS would be pretty amazing. I'd also love to see NECA's take on the WARRIOR from ALIENS, 'though we need to see some BIG CHAP and QUEEN on the market before that happens - just like I'd like to see HOT TOYS do "Royal Guards" to go w/ the QUEEN :eek:
Speaking of Royalty within the colony, I always figured that the Guard were the Queen's 'brothers', and that the rest were here 'chill'n', if you catch my drift. Also, I liked to think that hormones produced by the Queen produce what I've personally dubbed the "Royal Crest" of the Warriors - w/out this Hive hormone, they have the BIG CHAP design, and (to reitterate the species' perfection), can produce a limited number of offspring on their own. It's a lonely life, though...:D

Id like to see the ADI Diorama of the Queen and the Hot Toys Queen before i make my choice. ADI have confirmed that they will have dioramas in the #300 range so im guessing it must be a queen for that price.

For years, I thought we'd never see this culmination of merchandise from these glorious franchises - now I can hardly keep up@*#!)!:monkey4

These really are good times... except for this whole sequel/remake trend. THAT has gone out of control...

I have yet to see AVP:R, but I'm preparing myself for disappointment, just in case...:rolleyes:

Back