The oficial "HT has no excuse not to do an accurate alien" thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool ideas Zabrak!

I doubt HT will make a different sculpt of the Aliens warrior though. Too bad, 'cause it's inaccurate as hell! I'm also surprised they didn't do a battle damaged version instead of the brownie, but I guess it'll come, in time.

My main concern now is that they do the Giger alien accurate.
I would be royally pissed off if HT did the "artistic license" bit...

At any rate, we're bound to get a totally awesome figure from NECA next year. Too bad it's in the 18" range, so out of scale with our HT collections, but from the small pics that have surfaced, it looks like a masterpiece.

Hot Toys seems to be pretty good at listening to collector/fan feedback, so I have to believe we will get our wish when it comes to this.

:duff

Cool ideas Zabrak!

I doubt HT will make a different sculpt of the Aliens warrior though. Too bad, 'cause it's inaccurate as hell! I'm also surprised they didn't do a battle damaged version instead of the brownie, but I guess it'll come, in time.

My main concern now is that they do the Giger alien accurate.
I would be royally pissed off if HT did the "artistic license" bit...

At any rate, we're bound to get a totally awesome figure from NECA next year. Too bad it's in the 18" range, so out of scale with our HT collections, but from the small pics that have surfaced, it looks like a masterpiece.

Is NECA producing an 18' Kanes Son next year?

Yeah, it's well into the final production stages, the sculpt is ready and it's all a matter of how much articulation they put into it and how well China does with it...

There was a pic of the WIP sculpt in one of the magazines covering NECA's AvP-R figures, and Kyle (AKA Tankman, headsculptor at NECA) posted a couple of times over at the Hive looking for reference pics.

From the passion this guy has put into this figure, it should be the best and most accurate representation ever of the Giger alien.

My only "complaint" is that it'll be around 18" and not in 1/6 scale. There is a slim chance that NECA will release it in the 7" scale and maybe, just maybe in 1/6 scale... I have told Kyle that he should have his boss look in into a couple of threads here to see the kind of passion we have for these creatures.

I wouldnt mind an 18 inch one but im passing untill HT release one.

NECA & McFarlane figures are cheap rubbish imo, the joints go so loose after a while and they wont stand

These figures are not very expensive, and having seen the WIP sculpt, I am certain a lot of people will buy this figure, regardless of when HT releases its version.

I was talking to Kyle the other day and he is so happy with the final result that he said he wishes HT bases their figure off of his sculpt, for accuracy.

I swear I will buy every single version NECA releases of this figure!

When I saw the production/early sculpt photos, I almost wet myself - it is, bar none, going to be the most accurate represantation of the BIG CHAP yet. From the lips, to the hands, to the torso size and stance, he did an amazing job. I'll definitely get the 18" one - but I'm still going to prefer something from HOT TOYS in 1/6 scale - I don't doubt that they're going to do it, it's just the waiting for the announcement that leaves me in constant doubt!!!! Just like the QUEEEEEEEEN!!!! aaaaaaaaaaahhdahh!)!) I really can't stand it... at least they're getting a P1 figure out - GOD, I can't wait. I think it's funny how, of all the films released, the original Predator still looks the most realistic to me on film. That film, like ALIEN and ALIENS, was just about perfect.
I've ALWAYS loved that crocodile bellow that he yells out before pummelling Schwartzenegar's A$$ to a pulp. AMAZNING... I could watch it over and over again - wait; I already dO!!!! I've seen the ALIEN film the most, though, and've probably seen PRED.1 and ALIENS an equal number of times. They still give me that awesome rush...
Basically I'm awaiting with incredible, unbridled anticipation for SDCC!!! HOT TOYS... more announcements - as long as you know something's coming, TELL US, TELL US!!!!!:monkey4

Well when you hear more let us know, ask for some proto pics if you can

Oh...you want pics....why didn't you say so? :naughty

necaalien.jpg

necaalien1.jpg

necaalien2.jpg

Nope, that's all for now dude.

This is a w.i.p. though. It'll have a clear dome with the skull underneath it when finished. :D

It's definitely going to be mind-blowing; I DO fear a bit concerning the production process, as well as seam lines, limited poseability, etc. If it's got a balljointed neck and a bendable tail, though, that's ALMOST all I feel's necessary for truly dynamic poses of any ALIEN...

Still, I will remain loyal to HOT TOYS 'til the end (let's just say they're gonna have to really, really, really, REALLY screw up badly for me to lose faith in them... for instance, if they make a 1:6 Jar Jar Binks and re-release him in funny facial expression variants... am I getting my point across? Granted, if he looked amazingly real...).
So I won't be getting any 1:6 Alien/Predator merchandise that isn't made by them; that pretty much goes for POTC, as well.

Like... I think it was Les, but I'm not positive - commented earlier, GIGER's Alien is better documented than the ALIENS Warrior designs; there were so many variations in Cameron's Warrior prop designs that it's truly hard to tell if something's "completely" inaccurate to the source material... 'though it does seem that they pulled that artistic licensing, still (I can't STAND it... I love the figure, but if the QUEEN comes out, I"m a' rant about getting one more Drone... I got it - they can title it the "Royal Guard"!!! I'm a genious...:D)
AAAAANYwho - ALIEN; I can't see myself worrying too much about BIG CHAP actually coming - if he's not on his way, he better be after the AVP:R figs. arrive.

It's always been obvious that HOT TOYS is working really hard w/ their licenses, and appreciates their fans, so I'm sure they've got a TON of surprises in store for us... (I usually don't like surprises from most companies, but HOT TOYS, w/ their variants and new characters popping out of nowhere... I know their announcement for the BIG CHAP is just gonna pop up randomly...):monkey5

I hope the 'skull' won't be TOO visible - we're definitely going to need that translucent 'film' that covered the dome - you need to be unable to really tell what you're looking at under their - 'cept for the sockets. "This thing's... gotta be HUGE..." - Parker.

Yeah dude ill be looking for "Kane's Son" since the only original Alien item i have is the Alien Diorama on Pre order, i sold my Palisades ALIEN Signature Series statue to buy that one.

Kyle's alien is going to rule the world.
Now if only NECA simply transformed his sculpt into a 1/6 scale figure with the poseabilty of their other figures, all would be well with the universe...

Holy Crap! I may actually have to get that even though I don't collect the 18"ers.

Same here dude.
I hope Kyle gets his boss to come take a look over here and the Hive and maybe that'll convince him he should do it in 1/6 scale as well...

Whatever, I'll be getting that in any scale they wish to do it!

Back