The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

With the addition of this supposed third movie, has anyone considered that they actually plan to extend the middle portion of the story so we wont see Smaug etc until 2014.

Therefore not an extra story tacked on to the end of The Hobbit but rather and expansion of the existing story...

2012 An Unexpected Adventure
2013 ???
2014 There and Back Again

If this third movie happens it will be post the ending of the second hobbit movie.

With the addition of this supposed third movie, has anyone considered that they actually plan to extend the middle portion of the story so we wont see Smaug etc until 2014.

Therefore not an extra story tacked on to the end of The Hobbit but rather and expansion of the existing story...

2012 An Unexpected Adventure
2013 ???
2014 There and Back Again

Who knows what can happen. Since we don't know what all is covered in the first one, it's all a guessing game from here on out.

Hello, and welcome to 2009! :lol Been living under a rock have we? ;)

It's 2 movies because they're including what Gandalf did when he wasn't with the party..... namely Dol Gulder and the whole White Council business that's in the LOTR appendices.
Also Tolkien had a habit in The Hobbit where, because it was more of a 'kids' book, he'd say in one sentence what he could have made into a chapter in LOTR. So there's lots of stuff to mine there.

:goodpost: Well said.

If this third movie happens it will be post the ending of the second hobbit movie.

This is where I keep getting hung up. Where is there evidence that Jackson intends to make the content of a potential third movie take place chronologically after the events of the Hobbit?

Is Jackson going to remake Born of Hope?

There is no evidence one way or the other. Just kind of the banter it seems people including me think that is where it will go.

Edit: The only evidence is from what's been posted that Jackson says there is enough material to do a third film.

There is no evidence one way or the other. Just kind of the banter it seems people including me think that is where it will go.

Well, I hope it doesn't. It's cool in the fan-made movies, but I would rather see Jackson focus on stuff that Tolkien fleshed out a little more.

Edit: The only evidence is from what's been posted that Jackson says there is enough material to do a third film.

Which I think is simply referring to all the things that Tolkien wrote about which were happening during the events of the Hobbit, not after.

Well, I hope it doesn't. It's cool in the fan-made movies, but I would rather see Jackson focus on stuff that Tolkien fleshed out a little more.

Which I think is simply referring to all the things that Tolkien wrote about which were happening during the events of the Hobbit, not after.

The stuff that is during the hobbit is already in this movie with the Dol Guldur and White Council. I don't think anything else would work for during the time line of The Hobbit. I think if they did a third movie it would actually be a bridge movie to tie The Hobbit to the LOTR. How he would do that I'm not sure. I know there is a lot of info I just don't know how it would work.

The stuff that is during the hobbit is already in this movie with the Dol Guldur and White Council. I don't think anything else would work for during the time line of The Hobbit. I think if they did a third movie it would actually be a bridge movie to tie The Hobbit to the LOTR. How he would do that I'm not sure. I know there is a lot of info I just don't know how it would work.

Do we know this for sure?

I mean, if Jackson decided to go for a third movie couldn't he just shift all the Dol Guldur and White Council stuff to that, and leave the first two to focus on the text of the Hobbit?

I mean, the films aren't edited yet.

I don't get it. They want to take the shortest book and beat it to death. Lame.

Do we know this for sure?

I mean, if Jackson decided to go for a third movie couldn't he just shift all the Dol Guldur and White Council stuff to that, and leave the first two to focus on the text of the Hobbit?

I mean, the films aren't edited yet.

Yeah, they've said in the past that particular info is supposed to be in these two movies. Now, I suppose they could take that stuff and put it into the third film. However, I don't think that will happen as we've seen some of that material already in the trailer, vlogs, and such.

No, post production has probably just started.

Yeah, they've said in the past that particular info is supposed to be in these two movies. Now, I suppose they could take that stuff and put it into the third film. However, I don't think that will happen as we've seen some of that material already in the trailer, vlogs, and such.

Wasn't the original plan to have one film be the dwarves quest/Smaug story and the second be the White Council/Dol Gulgur story. And then they decided to mix the two together?

They could go back to the original plan (except 2 and 1, instead of 1 and 1) despite what is in trailers.

What you're talking about would not be part 3 of the Hobbit, it would be a totally different story/time period. Again, like "Born of Hope".

No, the original plan was for there to be two hobbit films and then a bridge film. Then the bridge film got dropped and we were just getting two films on the hobbit with the white council/dul guldur stuff mixed in.

Yes, if they followed Aragorn around, gtg, and did background stuff it wouldn't be in that timeline. I thought I had made that pretty clear in saying that material would be used to make a bridge film.

TORn's look at a third film written by my friend and great mind Larry Curtis.

I don't get it. They want to take the shortest book and beat it to death. Lame.

Well you also thought ASM was going to flop.:) My advice is just to sit back and no matter what happens know that it's in good hands!

I don't care WHAT the story is. It can be all new stuff that Jackson makes up so long as it is as awesome as the other films.

I know this is a Hobbit thread but can somebody answer me this.

In The Fellowship, is Peter Jackson biting on a carrot as the hobbits make there way to The Prancing Pony? It certainly looked like him but the shot was so quick. I like to know little things like that.

Thanks

Back