The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest oPinions.... This game or MW3?

Tough question. MW3 is very traditional twitchy FPS fare. iE you can rack up big points on having skill and function well alone. Gears is more of a team game. Usually people playing in teams dominate. I prefer GOW for this reason when playing with friends. If playing alone I may say MW3. Tough to decide.

This game. Gears has far less issues with cheaters because of the dedicated servers and the story mode (story as a whole) is one of the best I've played.

Heck yeah! Honestly, if you love the story then I suggest reading the books it will ONLY improve things IMO.

Tough question. MW3 is very traditional twitchy FPS fare. iE you can rack up big points on having skill and function well alone. Gears is more of a team game. Usually people playing in teams dominate. I prefer GOW for this reason when playing with friends. If playing alone I may say MW3. Tough to decide.

you can't play solo on modes like KOTH. if your other teamates are running off & doing their own thing, you can't win at all

yep...totally agree with the people talking about team game. Gears over MW3 easily. As stated this is a real team game, not like MW3. Even though they put you in a team you can run off and do your own thing, again as stated if you do that in Gears more than likely you'll die. Also this game takes skill and strategy, MW you can just start from the get go pick up a gun and get kills and streaks will help you score. Gears...you can see whose good and whose not simple as that.

For me, I'd pick Gears because it looks cooler :D

FPS's based in reality isn't that "cool" to me. Although I like the Rainbow Six game I have. But that's cool because I put my own face on the character model. It's funny seeing yourself, family & friends, running around with guns in a game :lol

Heck yeah! Honestly, if you love the story then I suggest reading the books it will ONLY improve things IMO.

Amen to that. And the next book comes out later this year. From what I've seen it will be called The Slab, and will be about Marcus's 4 years in prison.

Hopefully Karen Traviss is involved with the storyline for the movie :pray:

Yeah, that's what I understand will be all in the book. Plus, I hope something about how things are going after game 3.

I'm sure she will be.

Did they increase the range of the noob tube? Had a match just a bit ago and people were dropping folks from a good 10-12 ft away with the noob tube.

Just got this game, are the dlc packs a must have? I hear there is a new dlc pack on the way soon?

Just got this game, are the dlc packs a must have? I hear there is a new dlc pack on the way soon?

No they are not a must have unless you plan on playing alot of multi player or horde then go with the horde pack and the upcoming Fenix Rising. They both give you new mp maps and mp skins to use. Raams Shadow is a nice little single player campaign and also gives you some mp skins but it is also short and can be finished in a night.

Back