The next Batman movie approach.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like the story to be more Begins related. Batman Begins was 10 times better than the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight was a fantastic movie and one of the greatest ever. But BB had a much much better story and the film (cinematography, the feel) was just executed a lot better. I think a lot of people overlook BB and just say, "OH DARK KNIGHT IS THE BEST EVER, HEATH IS THE ^^^^ AND OMG TWO FACE AND THE STORY". People need to go back and watch BB again, it is hard to describe what it is but that film is a real masterpiece and should be getting more credit than it has been getting.

maybe for bat-fans Begins is better, but when focused on mainstream public TDK had to be what is was: bigger, more twists, more action...those elements make it more attractive for non- or the not so bat-fans...

personally I see TDK as a perfect supplement to Begins.

Apart from begins TDK was a very good batman movie, action movie, thriller, suspenses movie, even drama movie and crime-movie.

Begins was a very good Batman-movie with some nice action, but that's it.

+ Begins DID get the credit it deserves, much more than non batfans would admit :)

No it will never, because the only reason TDK did so well was because of ledgers DEATH...if he hadnt of died then it prolly would of done about as good as Batman Begins..

that is still over the top...it would still make a lot of money, but just not like it does now. Hard to say how much, that is just pure speculation.

Ledger is a factor of the succes, dead or alive. Before his death, there were already good word about his performance...the performance stays the same, and the female fans of ledger too, so Ledger had a big influence to the succes of TDK, dead or alive. But sadly, dead has more effect than alive...

But saying with Ledger the film would be as succesful as Begins I do not believe, Begins was not a flop, far from it, but it wasn't a very huge financial succes either..

I think total box office sales worldwide for Batman Begins was around $360mill..i think that movie did deserve better but, i remember a lot of people crying about the Tumbler and how there was lack of a more mainstream villain,fight scenes were confusing to people, i actually like the fight scene view we got in TDK at the beginning when he is in the begins suit,giving that spinning elbow and smashing that thugs face off the rail.

TDK also had the advantage of the audience's knowledge that it was a more realistic take on the character. I remember when Begins came out a lot of people weren't bothered because memories of Batman & Robin still hung heavily in their minds. So begins still had to overcome that prejudice as well which most people probably didn't get over until rental or TV showings.

i actually like the fight scene view we got in TDK at the beginning when he is in the begins suit,giving that spinning elbow and smashing that thugs face off the rail.
³ couldn't agree more, there should be a lot more of that for the rest of the fighting scenes.

I realy thought by looking at that scene that they finally got it perfect :) but not so it seemed for the rest...

Am I the only that sees this as a three act play. The first act introduces our hero, and everybody loves him. Now the second act our hero is an outcast, hunted by the very pepole that he is vowed to help. In the third act he has to reestablish himself as the hero of Gotham and once again be loved by the citizens he protects.

the one thing that would bother me is if batman becomes reestablished as a hero while the public thinks he still murdered people, but if he becomes cleared the truth would have to come out that dent killed them. this whole complex situation is going to be a pain to play out for the screenwriters i bet. i loved tdk but after i saw it once it seemed like a huge blur to me because it was so climactic and intense for the whole movie. i would have preferred more character development from batman and dent.

Killer Croc.. FTW!!!

tdk2uc9.jpg

Model Source: Crocodile Jones Bust Painted by Joe Dunaway

Quick little mock up poster I did. Could work.

Am I the only that sees this as a three act play. The first act introduces our hero, and everybody loves him. Now the second act our hero is an outcast, hunted by the very pepole that he is vowed to help. In the third act he has to reestablish himself as the hero of Gotham and once again be loved by the citizens he protects.

Could be, but I don't think it has to happen. If you think about it, the current mind set of the people actually HELPS Batman. He doesnt exist within the law and was hunted by the police in the first one, but of course he can handle them. In TDK Batman's major weakness was that Batman was not as big a threat as other players. People knew that Batman would not kill, so no matter what he did to them, it was better then ratting out a bigger threat. Now though, people (criminals as well) think Batman killed a few men (and prominent ones at that). So they will be shaking in thier boots when Batman comes calling.

I think that's the clear intent for Nolan. Then he's probably through with Batman.

So of course he'd want Batman to be the city's hero once again at the end.

Besides, like real life, we love to see heroes rise, then fall...then get back up again. There's no where else to go. He's at the bottom, hunted and hated by those he protects....he can only go up, even if it's just in one child's eyes.

I'm a huge fan of both films so it would be hard to decide which one I would like the third one to be more like. I just hope it's done well. The only thing that scares me is that Christopher Nolan only signed-up for 2 movies. They'll have to get him back for the third or get another great director. "Another director" is what scares me.

There's already a lot of speculation on who the villain/actor will be. I hope they do Catwoman & I think Angelina Jolie would be purrfect! MEOW!!

Catwoman is a real possibility, now Batman is a fugitive, he can cross Catwoman and try to stop her even if he's no more on the good side of the law.

I'm a huge fan of both films so it would be hard to decide which one I would like the third one to be more like. I just hope it's done well. The only thing that scares me is that Christopher Nolan only signed-up for 2 movies. They'll have to get him back for the third or get another great director. "Another director" is what scares me.

There's already a lot of speculation on who the villain/actor will be. I hope they do Catwoman & I think Angelina Jolie would be purrfect! MEOW!!

He'll be back. #1 Warner Bros won't let a cash cow like Nolan's Batman get away. #2 Nolan originaly drew up a three picture arc for Batman. The only changes he has to make is remove Joker from his planned trial sequence.

I would look for Catwoman to be in the next one. Why else would Lucius Fox say, when asked if the new suit would protect against dogs, reply "and cats too".

Why else would Lucius Fox say, when asked if the new suit would protect against dogs, reply "and cats too".

It's an inside joke.

TDK ended on a very dark note. I just don't see a third film from Nolan having a whole love interest angle with Batman/Catwoman, especially if he's being hunted as a Murderer. Gary Oldman is the one who said "We don't need the Joker for the third film, we have the Riddler" when asked about how Heath Ledger's death would affect the appearance of the Joker in the next film.. so who knows.

It's an inside joke.

TDK ended on a very dark note. I just don't see a third film from Nolan having a whole love interest angle with Batman/Catwoman, especially if he's being hunted as a Murderer. Gary Oldman is the one who said "We don't need the Joker for the third film, we have the Riddler" when asked about how Heath Ledger's death would affect the appearance of the Joker in the next film.. so who knows.

I agree with you about the Catwoman plug. It's there just in case they can figure out how to make Catwoman work.

There's another big reason for a new love interest thru Catwoman: Rachel died.

That's the biggest hint to me.

I assumed they Killed Rachel because her story had peaked and there was really nothing left for her to do since the third film has no room for a love subplot with Batman an accused murderer of 5 people and on the run. That would be completely odd to me. Also with Nolan's declaration of "Realism" and avoiding the supernatural elements of the comic books, Catwoman would basically be a human woman who's a theif. That's it. I don't see how a normal theif could affect Gotham in the same way the Scarecrow + Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker + Two-Face (BB and TDK respectively) affected Gotham. There's no real threat to the city from a human theif.

Unless like you say Wor-Gar, they flip the Catwoman character to something completely new. I still think Michelle Phifer nailed that character and Halle Berry competely ruined it. lol.

I still think this chick, Sienna Guillory:
still002.jpg

from RE: Apocalypse would make a nice EVIL Catwoman.

I agree, i think that woman would fit the "catwoman" look anyway..can't remember her from RE though, its been long since i watched those.

Valfar said:
can't remember her from RE though, its been long since i watched those.

Don't rewatch them.. you not "remembering" is your brains way of healing. Those flicks suck

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed they Killed Rachel because her story had peaked and there was really nothing left for her to do since the third film has no room for a love subplot with Batman an accused murderer of 5 people and on the run. That would be completely odd to me. Also with Nolan's declaration of "Realism" and avoiding the supernatural elements of the comic books, Catwoman would basically be a human woman who's a theif. That's it. I don't see how a normal theif could affect Gotham in the same way the Scarecrow + Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker + Two-Face (BB and TDK respectively) affected Gotham. There's no real threat to the city from a human theif.

Unless like you say Wor-Gar, they flip the Catwoman character to something completely new.

I don't think Catwoman will carry the movie. There will be another villain to do that. I think she will carry the theme.

Batman's seen as a criminal now. Makes it easy for Catwoman to like him. And her questionable career choice might nicely echo Wayne's. A good love/hate relationship with lots of sparks...and a lesson too.

Back