The next Batman movie approach.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan is not going to do catwoman. 2 costumed character crosses the line on his "realistic" portrayal of Gotham. Plus he isnt the type to just introduce a catwoman without explaining how she became like that and how she got her "powers".

Um, you do know that Catwoman doesn't have any powers right? And that the current incarnation of catwoman just wears a black catsuit? Of any of the Bat-rogues she's the most likely to fit into Nolan's more realistic Gotham - she's essentially just an acrobatic thief.

What DD said. She'd fit in perfectly.. EXCEPT: the tone of the third film imo won't allow it. Like I said earlier, Chris Nolan is adament about avoiding the super power/super natural elements of the comics/cartoon. He's trying to portray a realistic world for HIS version of Batman, Gotham and it's criminals. So Catwoman would be a normal human theif. Joker was just insane. Two-Face was scarred, and insane. Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow.. all mentally unstable. But still ALL normal humans. Nolan is essentially doing normal movies with a comic book character/characters. Not comic book movies.

Chris has a funny quote, something like "During Batman Begins, Robin is somewhere out there still in a crib". lol. Plus someone else quoted Bale saying something like "Robin will NEVER appear as long as I'm Batman". Not exact quotes.. but you get the drift.

Chris has a funny quote, something like "During Batman Begins, Robin is somewhere out there still in a crib". lol. Plus someone else quoted Bale saying something like "Robin will NEVER appear as long as I'm Batman". Not exact quotes.. but you get the drift.

no, he said, he won't do a batman movie if robin is in it

Catwoman portrayed as she was in Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory could work. Catwoman as she was portrayed in Batman Returns would suck.

Batman shouldn't have any allies.. it makes it much more interesting to see him fight against his odds. Besides, if worst comes to worst he still has Gordan.

With the Rumors circulating towards the next film I think it's believable to see Johnny Depp don the green suit with the question marks and I am looking forward for his portrayal, however I can't say for the Penguin. With Nolan's direction the Penguin is likely going to be another mobster.... so with that in mind lets not forget Salvatore Maroni who was still alive and kicking (yes even on crutches) at the end of the movie.

To be honest though I get a bit weak in the knees when thinking in terms of the next film. If you noticed and I am sure all of you have Nolan's Batman has always fought against the Italian Mob... I guess thats okay since he wants to keep the film's flavor away from the supernatural aspects.... but do we really need a 3rd film circulating the Mob again?.... It's probably going to end up on the same note as TDK, meaning the mob will hire another Villain from the Arkham Rouge Gallery to take Batman out.... to say the least if Nolan doesn't add new aspects to the 3rd film it's going to end up repetitive.

Remember Batman is a vigilante being hunted by the police for the murder of Harvey Dent and others.

I could see the lure of Catwoman. Batman struggles with being hunted and portrayed as a villian. Winds up being seduced by Catwoman who is working with Ghul's daughter(s). A film of revenge. Nothing worse than a woman scorned or father killed. Bane is the Ghul's body guard (I'd like to see him in the film, so I have to add a part).

Batman struggles with right / wrong while being drawn deeper with his affections for Catwoman. Discover's her true intentions battles the bad guys and personal demons to concrete his purpose as Batman. All while helping Gotham and avoiding arrest.

Movie ends with Batman still being Gothams #1 vigilante, Batman accepts his role and bad guys cast out. Riddler can be used in Batman 4. Batman will need redemption to make it into the JLA movie. :naughty

Never, ever, ever include Robin. Great for comics but blah in the movies. Batman needs fight personal demons and bad guys alone, helps build the character.

Or I'll wait on the Nolan boys to write another awesome script :D

I'd like to see Robin Williams finally get his appearance in a Batman film, they guys been rumoured for every single film since Burton's Batman back in 89. He doesn't have to play a villain or be funny, he's a really underrated dramatic actor. Has anyone else seen him in Chris Nolan's Insomnia he's fantastic.

Would just like to see him finally end up in a Bat film

It seems that ever since Schumacher's campy Batman run everyones been against Robin despite the fact that he's a sizable part of Batman's history. People tend to forget and take Nolan's words out of context as far as heighten realism which is still geared into fantasy Ergo Robin could technically work, he would just have to be adapted into a way that would fit Nolan's version of Batman.

As a 12 year old child he wouldn't work fighting alongside Bale's Batman, but thats not to say that he couldn't eventually be trained to become Robin at some later time. As Nolan established Batman is part of a movement, and so is Alfred and Fox, there is no reason why ®obin couldn't eventually become part of that movement.

In Nolan's world Wayne became Batman at the age of 30, that included many years of training with the League of Shadows, personal training, and going to Princeton. I don't think Wayne has all that time to teach a kid how to become on the same level as him. Even with his level, Wayne is having trouble (dog bites, van slams, etc.). Yes, you could have him as just a orphaned boy but you can't make him into a Robin in one movie anyways. Plus, to tell you the truth, a sidekick sounds lame in this dark Gotham. The point is to make Wayne be alone, not have more companions and watch him overcome it. I doubt Nolan is going to make a Batman 4 or 5. Hes probably sick of it right now.

In Nolan's world Wayne became Batman at the age of 30, that included many years of training with the League of Shadows, personal training, and going to Princeton. I don't think Wayne has all that time to teach a kid how to become on the same level as him. Even with his level, Wayne is having trouble (dog bites, van slams, etc.). Yes, you could have him as just a orphaned boy but you can't make him into a Robin in one movie anyways. Plus, to tell you the truth, a sidekick sounds lame in this dark Gotham. The point is to make Wayne be alone, not have more companions and watch him overcome it. I doubt Nolan is going to make a Batman 4 or 5. Hes probably sick of it right now.

Wayne would have plenty of time to teach Robin. Introduce the character
at age 12 after years of training he could easily become Robin at the age of 17 or 18 yrs old, but in the mean time develop the characters alter ego before going into his heroic side. Also why view a new Robin as merely a side-kick, an apprentice or heir to continue the fight would be the route to take. And as far as Batman 4 and 5 goes, yeah I doubt Nolan would be at the helm by the time Robin may need to resurface but surely the next director can probably adapt Robin in their own unique way while keeping a similar tone that Nolan introduced.

What some people don't realize is that Robin isn't a part of the Batman myth Nolan is telling. Robin didn't come along until a year after Batman's debut, and it was only to attract a younger audience.

I don't really mind Robin in the comics---but I'm not eager to squeeze him into the films just yet. I think they should use Robin only after they've exhausted all of their good ideas. He could come along and help push out another couple of films before the whole thing runs try and it's due for a revamp.

Robin should only be used in Batman when Batman is older. It's work from a physical standpoint as he can't once do some things he did when we was young as well as the toll his crime fighting has taken on his psyche. Robin brings a fresh perspective to Batman's world and brings a humanizing aspect after which Bruce has been hardened from years and years of "work".

I still think the Riddler plays in best with a redemption story line. Imagine a sly, but highly likable, Riddler (played perfectly by Tony Shalhoub) tricking all of Gotham into believing that Bruce & Wayne Industries are behind a horrible event (ie poisoning the water supply killing hundreds). Gotham would now be against BOTH Bruce and Batman. Bruce can't hide behind either identity and must expose the Riddler as the true culprit in order to redeem the Batman character and therefore clearing Bruce Wayne and Wayne Industries.

Add a female villian (probably Catwoman) as a potential love interest and a third villian (probably Bane) as Riddlers "strongman" for action scenes and you've got a film.

I still think the Riddler plays in best with a redemption story line. Imagine a sly, but highly likable, Riddler (played perfectly by Tony Shalhoub) tricking all of Gotham into believing that Bruce & Wayne Industries are behind a horrible event (ie poisoning the water supply killing hundreds). Gotham would now be against BOTH Bruce and Batman. Bruce can't hide behind either identity and must expose the Riddler as the true culprit in order to redeem the Batman character and therefore clearing Bruce Wayne and Wayne Industries.

Add a female villian (probably Catwoman) as a potential love interest and a third villian (probably Bane) as Riddlers "strongman" for action scenes and you've got a film.

the spirit of joel schumaker has manifested.

Riddler seems like the same type of villain we just had in Joker. I mean, I know they're different, but given what Nolan did to Joker -- having him be such a calculating schemer -- seems like it would be hard for Riddler to top Joker's complex plans.

I think the only way Robin would work in this continuity is to introduce him like Gunn was introduced in Angel. maybe have him as a head of a street gang who works with Bats but also on his own, dunno just brainstorming.
The whole "ward" idea is a totally outdated concept and only serves to make Batman look like a pedophile. And, honestly, I think they should just skip "Robin" all together and start out as Nightwing.
and Bane needs his own movie. The only character to ever figure out that Wayne is Batman needs something to over shadow the late Jeep Swenson's oaf from Batman and Robin.
also, Riddler could be done like Jigsaw perhaps...if you wanted to turn him really nasty. I think the villain that makes most sense would be catwoman (because Bruce's love interest is dead) or Poison Ivy (with all the environment issues being raised in our current political envoronment) or Harley Quinn if you want to continue where the Joker left off.
My picks (not my guess) would be Harley and Ivy working together like in the animated series.

Last edited:
Back