The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my vantage point SJW's and the most vocal ST haters are one and the same.[...]

Quite a few good people who post on these very forums hated the ST. Your point? Maybe Mark did, maybe he didn't. Either way I love the guy but he's definitely a screaming SJW along with those two peoples' pics I posted above, lol.

"SJW" has become this really broad, catch-all pejorative. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean anymore other than someone annoying or disagreeable.

JAWS;10394892[... said:
Point being... I dont think its as hated by the masses as you do... There might be some indifference. I will grant you that.[...]

Nobody in the general public even remembers it well enough to differentiate it from other Star Wars movies. They just don't care one way or the other, it was an FX spectacle that came and went.

Oh I dont know.. When I did that deep dive into all the polls about best and worst SW films, AOTC, TPM and TLJ were always the bottom three... ROTS was higher up as was TFA.. TROS was always middle of the road and TFA was high on the rankings also.. I could go back and find all that but I dont want ducky to have PTSD from it.

Point being... I dont think its as hated by the masses as you do... There might be some indifference. I will grant you that.

Screw the internet polls. Follow the money and you will see the truth. The Star Wars labeled films that followed TLJ all severely underperformed at the box office. Toy lines are non existent with toy manufacturers going on record admitting why.

The Mandalorian has enjoyed mega success because it is a throwback of sorts to what made Star Wars popular in the first place. And the toy companies have hopped on board. HT is doing a Mando line(hopefully with more human hero characters soon), and Hasbro has been churning out some figures along with the $350 Haslab Razor Crest project. We didn't see this kind of backing of the ST now did we?

Screw the internet polls. Follow the money and you will see the truth. The Star Wars labeled films that followed TLJ all severely underperformed at the box office. Toy lines are non existent with toy manufacturers going on record admitting why.

The Mandalorian has enjoyed mega success because it is a throwback of sorts to what made Star Wars popular in the first place. And the toy companies have hopped on board. HT is doing a Mando line(hopefully with more human hero characters soon), and Hasbro has been churning out some figures along with the $350 Haslab Razor Crest project. We didn't see this kind of backing of the ST now did we?

Even if you are 100% right, and you are in relation to the original ST, you are missing the whole point.

If you love what the writers of Mando are doing then why wouldn?t you love what they come up with for the ST characters just like the PT is being successfully reimagined by the same artists responsible for Mando.

Holy crap take a deep breath and relax you act as if they hired RJ to show run Mando.

As soon as the ST is brought up you flail like a bounty hunter on a desert holiday lol

Last edited:

I could care less about toy sales.. But The PT toys sell great and those films suck.. Even you admit that.. You just think they are not as offensive as the ST.

So in that respect I think the polls are closer to what the masses probably think.. (And they agree with me :lol )

Transformers sell great.. LOTR toys didnt sell for ****

The high end stuff goes to the older collectors.. I only have OT stuff.. No interest in PT, ST, or Mando stuff because I have no connection.. I am guessing there are a lot of collectors that are the same.. Will have to wait to see if the younger kids have any nostalgia for the new films..

I doubt it.. I agree with Ducky.. Marvel is their SW.

Mando sells well cause girls and kids love Baby Yoda and Mando looks like Boba Fett. :)

I dont know why older people collect what they do.. I really have to have some sort of Nostalgia connection to it.. If not I end up selling it.

Your getting the Razor Crest and thats cool.. I want to get something from the show but I know I will sell it..

Last edited:
I could care less about the toy sales.. The PT toys sell great and those films suck.. Even you admit that.. You just think they are not as offensive as the ST.

Transformers sell great.. LOTR toys didnt sell for ****..

The high end stuff goes to the older collectors.. I only have OT stuff.. No interest in PT, ST, or Mando stuff because I have no connection.. I am guessing there are a lot of collectors that are the same.. Will have to wait to see if the younger kids have any nostalgia for the new films..

Mando sells well cause girls and kids love Baby Yoda and Mando looks like Boba Fett. :)

I dont know why older people collect what they do.. I really have to have some sort of Nostalgia connection to it.. If not I end up selling it.

Your getting the Razor Crest and thats cool.. I want to get something from the show but I know I will sell it..

Crap I forgot about LOTR I now regret saying he was right is it too late to take it back or are there no backsie rules here lol

JAWS right
Turd Wrong

Whew I feel better now.

Last edited:
I could care less about the toy sales.. The PT toys sell great and those films suck.. Even you admit that.. You just think they are not as offensive as the ST.

Transformers sell great.. LOTR toys didnt sell for ****..

I wouldn't say I think they suck as a general statement, just parts of it does. I do feel like Favreau today could do a better job than George did in that era. I liked Maul a lot and Kenobi/QGJ were good characters. Even some of the interaction between Kenobi and Anakin was OK as a backstory, just could have better executed. I feel Jango Fett and the Clones make for cool toys despite not being my favorite storyline. And I enjoyed watching The Clone Wars with my nephew. Nothing could ever live up to the lightning in a bottle of the characters, vehicles, and universe of the OT.

I ended up ordering two of the RC. I don't want to feel bad about opening one up. Eventually I'll probably give the other one to my nephew(he is a huge fan too) or sell it. Easier to get an extra now than try to track one down later. I'm pretty surprised at how many were sold, if you weren't following it almost hit 30k and easily broke the Haslab record.

Even if you are 100% right, and you are in relation to the original ST, you are missing the whole point.

If you love what the writers of Mando are doing then why wouldn?t you love what they come up with for the ST characters just like the PT is being successfully reimagined by the same artists responsible for Mando.

Holy crap take a deep breath and relax.

As soon as the ST is brought up you flail like a bounty hunter on a desert holiday lol

Because the ST was completely hostile toward the characters and lore of the OT. And I don't want the "good" stuff linked to the "bad" stuff...in any way. It's easy to compartmentalize and dismiss the ST leaving the other content unsullied. But that becomes difficult if ST garbage is infused into Mando. Mentally it's easier to bail out altogether because I'll never associate the OT, it's heroes, and it's outcome with the absolute abomination that Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm says it later became.

Up until now Favreau's Mandalorian has been very, very good. The action is superb, the visuals fantastic, and the OT vibe is *everywhere* almost as if it is "snowing" 1977 invisibly in the background. Leave it that way Johnny.

Too much ST talk in here.

Guess I'm no longer coming to this thread. :rotfl

I'll be back after we learn about the Dark Troopers to put an end to all this hopeful ST non sense...

Star Wars ended with ROTJ for me. Until Mando came along. I have no problem going back to that.

Holy crap take a deep breath and relax you act as if they hired RJ to show run Mando.

The ST is irredeemable. Nothing they can do to fix it. It destroyed the OT heroes and ruined their own heroes. PT never did that.

I'll be back after we learn about the Dark Troopers to put an end to all this hopeful ST non sense...

Star Wars ended with ROTJ for me. Until Mando came along. I have no problem going back to that.

Thats true... I should go back to the OT/PT/ST thread

Because the ST was completely hostile toward the characters and lore of the OT. And I don't want the "good" stuff linked to the "bad" stuff...in any way. It's easy to compartmentalize and dismiss the ST leaving the other content unsullied. But that becomes difficult if ST garbage is infused into Mando. Mentally it's easier to bail out altogether because I'll never associate the OT, it's heroes, and it's outcome with the absolute abomination that Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm says it later became.

Up until now Favreau's Mandalorian has been very, very good. The action is superb, the visuals fantastic, and the OT vibe is *everywhere* almost as if it is "snowing" 1977 invisibly in the background. Leave it that way Johnny.

Well then I don?t know what to tell you other than you are living in a fantasy world if you think Disney is just going to abandon the ST.

I knew this day was coming for Mando but no way could I ever have imagined that it would have been this early into the show.

There are hundreds if not thousands of videos tying this episode to Snoke and the early ST uniforms.

Don’t blame me I didn’t make any videos lol

Khev and JAWS are available for hugs between 2 and 4 pm on Wednesdays.

Last edited:
Did they mention if that guy that put the tracker on the Razorcrest was Ochi from TROS?

Well then I don?t know what to tell you other than you are living in a fantasy world if you think Disney is just going to abandon the ST.

I knew this day was coming for Mando but no way could I ever have imagined that it would have been this early into the show.

There are hundreds if not thousands of videos tying this episode to Snoke and the early ST uniforms.

Don’t blame me I didn’t make any videos lol

Khev and JAWS are available for hugs between 2 and 4 pm on Wednesdays.

Yeah a lot of videos out there.. Weird that none of them are angry and saying they will stop watching :lol

Anyways I did some investigation on my own.

So I listened to John Williams Snoke's theme on the OST and then watched that scene again in Mando.

They are very very close. I am not ready to say they are the exact theme.. Snoke theme has more notes.. In Mando it seemed to take one of those notes and just extend it.

So the fact that one of the clones looks like Snoke and the theme is very close to Snoke's I would say it is either a ST tie in or they are just ****ing with us.

It could be a coincidence I guess.. It will be funny if it is not somehow intentional

Yeah a lot of videos out there.. Weird that none of them are angry and saying they will stop watching :lol

Anyways I did some investigation on my own.

So I listened to John Williams Snoke's theme on the OST and then watched that scene again in Mando.

They are very very close. I am not ready to say they are the exact theme.. Snoke theme has more notes.. In Mando it seemed to take one of those notes and just extend it.

So the fact that one of the clones looks like Snoke and the theme is very close to Snoke's I would say it is either a ST tie in or they are just ****ing with us.

It could be a coincidence I guess.. It will be funny if it is not somehow intentional

Johnny Favs is trolling JYE and Khev :lol

Same, and again ST garbage stuffs have eroded Mando thread like a plague from usual minor group of ST disciples here, few indeed but extremely loud.

The ST is irredeemable. Nothing they can do to fix it. It destroyed the OT heroes and ruined their own heroes. PT never did that.

The PT and the ST both consist of objectively very poor films, the ST just happens to be prettier and better acted for the most part, but it's even worse in other ways I'm tired of pointlessly itemizing.

Diehard ST fans, bless their hearts, can't or won't see it. Even the OT films have multiple problems that render them goofy and weak under close scrutiny, but they were innovative, lacked pretense and had heart.

The Mandalorian references bad prequel films, and due to their 'canonical' (LOL) nature will no doubt continue to foreshadow (however faintly) the bad ST films. That doesn't render either of the trilogies well written and/or coherent. It so far hasn't tainted The Mandalorian and so long as they don't repeat those cinematic sins, it should be okay. This show has its share of weak episodes too. That's the nature of pulp fiction I guess, even when it's multi-million dollar pulp fiction.

Same, and again ST garbage stuffs have eroded Mando thread like a plague from usual minor group of ST disciples here, few indeed but extremely loud.

Every. Single. Thread. Sooner or later. That foul stench. :lol

Last edited:
Back