The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That episode that tried to be Andor but sucked because the script, acting and volume direction was terrible.
And what was the payoff for that episode again? Literally anything? No? Yay…

BOBF, Kenobi and Mando S3 were just a trifecta of rough Star Wars, and that marred a show like Andor which was incredible. It’s marring Ahsoka at this very moment too. Sure the brand has never truly recovered from the Sequel Trilogy, but every one of these shows just pushed it further into a grave.

Disney’s great idea to bring it back to the big screen? A Rey movie…

And what was the payoff for that episode again? Literally anything? No? Yay…

BOBF, Kenobi and Mando S3 were just a trifecta of rough Star Wars, and that marred a show like Andor which was incredible. It’s marring Ahsoka at this very moment too. Sure the brand has never truly recovered from the Sequel Trilogy, but every one of these shows just pushed it further into a grave.

Disney’s great idea to bring it back to the big screen? A Rey movie…
Yeah the episode sucked. Terrible script, terrible acting and as you say no payoff.
Mando season 3 off the back of BoBF and Kenobi was it for me. It was extra disappointing as season 1 and 2 of Mandalorian were decent.
I haven't been watching Ahsoka. With the exception of Andor season 2, I'm done with Disney Wars.
I can't believe they're going with a Rey movie. They've learnt nothing.

Yeah the episode sucked. Terrible script, terrible acting and as you say no payoff.
Mando season 3 off the back of BoBF and Kenobi was it for me. It was extra disappointing as season 1 and 2 of Mandalorian were decent.
I haven't been watching Ahsoka. With the exception of Andor season 2, I'm done with Disney Wars.
I can't believe they're going with a Rey movie. They've learnt nothing.

I was pretty forgiving of Mandalorian for the most part. But the handing over the Dark Saber thing was just too much for me. End of S2 - You can't just hand it over. Then in S3? He literally hands it over. Also much of the season was about redemption over taking off your helmet. Then the Armorer later is like "No, no, it's cool, let's absorb these other people, all who take off their helmets anyway"

Whatever "rules" you create for your universe, just stick to them. In Blade, holy water did jack all to vampires. What if the end of the movie was Snipes throwing a bucket of holy water on top of Deacon Frost and then the guy melts like in The Wizard of Oz?

Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself that you've run out of good ideas to make a show. Then just end it. I know it's easier said than done. But you can't squeeze blood from a stone.

I was pretty forgiving of Mandalorian for the most part. But the handing over the Dark Saber thing was just too much for me. End of S2 - You can't just hand it over. Then in S3? He literally hands it over. Also much of the season was about redemption over taking off your helmet. Then the Armorer later is like "No, no, it's cool, let's absorb these other people, all who take off their helmets anyway"

Whatever "rules" you create for your universe, just stick to them. In Blade, holy water did jack all to vampires. What if the end of the movie was Snipes throwing a bucket of holy water on top of Deacon Frost and then the guy melts like in The Wizard of Oz?

Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself that you've run out of good ideas to make a show. Then just end it. I know it's easier said than done. But you can't squeeze blood from a stone.
I both agree...

...But also think that the show (and Star Wars as a whole) is a demonstration that insular, dogmatic, narrow-minded views of the world are problems that divide people rather than strengthen and unite us. It's why the Jedi's inability to deviate from their rules and traditions led to their downfall, and it's why the Mandalorians as a culture similarly were defeated. They were the greatest sect of warriors in the galaxy, but their in-fighting kept them weak.

So, to me at least, the "rules" are systematically proven to be flawed. The entire Children of the Watch sect is radical. A lot of their "rules" were only recently codified out of religious backsliding following the loss of their homeworld. Over the last several seasons, we've seen the main character constantly compromise his "rules" for the greater good. Even Din "handing over" the saber was him finding a technicality that the others agreed to for everyone's benefit.

"Is it you can't take off your Mando helmet, or you can't show your face? 'Cause there is a difference. Look, I'm just sayin', we're all the same. Everybody's got their line they don't cross until things get messy."

It wasn't necessarily handled perfectly, but I do see it as similar to real human society. We have differences of opinions, our values change and shift over time, and sometimes we put our hangups and rules aside for a greater good to unite against a stronger enemy.

409898305_7035075346538258_5395414526873864837_n.jpg

Back