The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that the episode the majority of fans are calling their favorite of the entire series is also the one that seems to link most directly to the ST I'll go with "no, they wouldn't be stupid" to continue that trend. :)

Two guys who were 8-10 years old when the PT came out complaining on the internet won't be enough to change the course of the franchise. People were already complaining about Mando anyway. "It feels too much like a bad TV show, it has way too much fan service, it's all about the stupid merchandise gimmick of Baby Yoda, bla bla bla." So adding "wah I hate the ST" to the mix will just be more white noise in the background of any already great show. ;)

Besides if I have to see TM's face then yeah the PT fans can put on their big boy pants and take a gander at Snoke, lol.

Holy crap that end comment i’m dying lol

You know after watching that lego movie with my wife and son we all agreed that TROS Rey ended up being an endearing character for us all thanks to DR charisma.

Holy crap that end comment i?m dying lol

I added a couple extra "complaints" to that post too, lol.

You know after watching that lego movie with my wife and son we all agreed that TROS Rey ended up being an endearing character for us all thanks to DR charisma.

What's awesome about Daisy is that she's part Harrison Ford, part Carrie Fisher. Like both of them she's both cooler than her part in SW but also is in no way embarrassed by it either. And that charisma does end up translating directly into her character itself so that both she and Rey are elevated as a result. She's all "yeah I stand by the story and my character, if you hate it so what, bring on more genocidal Baby Yoda please," lol.

Holy crap that end comment i?m dying lol

An animated lego minifigure captured the magic for you that the on screen actress couldn't, indeed a ringing endorsement!
0e29e3419550cef909169c30210a8e49.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Considering that the episode the majority of fans are calling their favorite of the entire series is also the one that seems to link most directly to the ST I'll go with "no, they wouldn't be stupid" to continue that trend. :)

Two guys who were 8-10 years old when the PT came out complaining on the internet won't be enough to change the course of the franchise. People were already complaining about Mando anyway. "It feels too much like a bad TV show, it has way too much fan service, it's all about the stupid merchandise gimmick of Baby Yoda, Mando got beat up by a girl, Mando got beat up by a Trump supporter, why do women have boobs, bla bla bla." So adding "wah I hate the ST" to the mix will just be more white noise in the background of an already great show. ;)

Problem with your argument is that last complaint has already cost Disney a couple billion dollars and counting...

I added a couple extra "complaints" to that post too, lol.

What's awesome about Daisy is that she's part Harrison Ford, part Carrie Fisher. Like both of them she's both cooler than her part in SW but also is in no way embarrassed by it either. And that charisma does end up translating directly into her character itself so that both she and Rey are elevated as a result. She's all "yeah I stand by the story and my character, if you hate it so what, bring on more genocidal Baby Yoda please," lol.

Now you just have to see if JAWS likes your updated post.

Go ahead i’ll wait.

f5i4k33ioso21.gif

:yess:

People were already complaining about Mando anyway. "It feels too much like a bad TV show, it has way too much fan service, it's all about the stupid merchandise gimmick of Baby Yoda,

I thought that was just me :lol

Mando got beat up by a girl, Mando got beat up by a Trump supporter,

That was not me.

What Trump Supporter ???

why do women have boobs, bla bla bla."

Defiantly not me... I love Boobs.

Speaking of Daisy...

Did you see the new trailer for the new Sci Fi film she is in with Tom Holland??

Looks pretty good IMO.

Two guys who were 8-10 years old when the PT came out complaining on the internet won't be enough to change the course of the franchise.

:lol :lol :lol

To be fair there are like 30 + people who were 8 - 10 years old that are complaining about the ST... I think they all have youtube channels also.

Honestly the ST haters can relax I don?t think Mando will ever address the creation of Snoke.

View attachment 499782

I thought that was legit at first.. :lol

I dont know if this will all link to the ST.. I will be happy if it does as I love adding lore and history to the SW films.. If its not then I will survive also. As I am fine with whatever as long as the story is good.

I feel bad for ST hater / PT fans that just cant sit back and enjoy..

I was there for a little bit back when I hated the PT and the first two films of the ST.

Thank goodness for TCW, TROS, and it looks like now, Mando. They all have helped me to accept what is less then good SW.

Now you just have to see if JAWS likes your updated post.

Go ahead i’ll wait.

f5i4k33ioso21.gif

:yess:

Oh it was a great post but what was funny is I was one of the peeps down on Mando. These past two episodes have been to the Mando series what TROS was to the ST... All is forgiven and I am a fan boy now :lol

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

To be fair there are like 30 + people who were 8 - 10 years old that are complaining about the ST... I think they all have youtube channels also.
This is just blatant denial of documented factual data.

But it's good to see the trio of Kheev Kennedy, JYE Johnson, and Jaw Jaws Abrams are truly back!
264d0cc813e89d179927dab5fe29a753.gif

Two guys who were 8-10 years old when the PT came out complaining on the internet won't be enough to change the course of the franchise. People were already complaining about Mando anyway. "It feels too much like a bad TV show, it has way too much fan service, it's all about the stupid merchandise gimmick of Baby Yoda, Mando got beat up by a girl, Mando got beat up by a Trump supporter, why do women have boobs, bla bla bla." So adding "wah I hate the ST" to the mix will just be more white noise in the background of an already great show. ;)

I think you underestimate the number of people who not only hate the ST with a passion, but are willing to disown *any* SW property that embraces or injects the ST into it.

Mando isn't just a cash cow right now, it's the flagship of their streaming service. For Disney to risk alienating a large part of their current Mando audience *for no good reason whatsoever* would indeed be pure lunacy, imo. Especially given the fact that ST lore-building can be achieved elsewhere, while leaving Mando unspoiled. I can't understand why anyone would advocate for that kind of risk with no discernible reward.

However, anything that could lead to a purge of the fans who hate Gina Carano and/or complain about boob armor would be very welcomed by me. Get rid of every last one of these oversensitive whiners. I only care about fans whose opinions are swayed in either direction by story quality or SW lore-related issues. The rest can go **** themselves.

Besides if I have to see TM's face then yeah the PT fans can put on their big boy pants and take a gander at Snoke, lol.

A legitimately very fair point, indeed.

As for the show itself, I rewatched the episode and loved it even more the second time.

When Mando flies in to take out the TIEs (the sequence that Sassafrass partly spotlighted a couple pages back), that was SW heaven for me! I love the transitions; from wide-angle shots of the dogfight combatants... to close-ups of the canons... to interior shots of over-the-top cheesy reactions and celebrations. Quick tempo, great energy, and just really pure. So ****ing Star Wars! And then to cap it off with the little guy puking up his macaroons after that intense roller coaster ride was just *chef's kiss.*

This sequence was both cinematic excellence in execution and total throwback charm. It feels authentic, inspired, and is a blast to watch. I can't remember the last time I watched a SW sequence that made me feel more like I did growing up. Awesome fun!

I wish I could install an entire plasma screen wall in my house just to have that sequence played on a loop. :lol

I think you underestimate the number of people who not only hate the ST with a passion, but are willing to disown *any* SW property that embraces or injects the ST into it.

Are you sure? Solo had no ST connections whatsoever and bombed. TROS *was* an ST movie and still did Joker numbers. My guess is that if Mando reveals that Gideon's entire directive is to see about the creation of Snoke or bodies for Palps that they won't lose any measurable number of subscribers, not if the current quality continues anyway.

However, anything that could lead to a purge of the fans who hate Gina Carano and/or complain about boob armor would be very welcomed by me. Get rid of every last one of these oversensitive whiners. I only care about fans whose opinions are swayed in either direction by story quality or SW lore-related issues. The rest can go **** themselves.

Right on. :rock :yess:

:D

A legitimately very fair point, indeed.

:lol

I honestly hope that TM never appears in the show again. Then I can just pretend that the identity of Jango's clone was stolen by the badass who appeared in the theatrical ESB. Give TM Fett his own show that I can easily dismiss. I doubt they'll grant my wish but my fingers are crossed nonetheless.

And then to cap it off with the little guy puking up his macaroons after that intense roller coaster ride was just *chef's kiss.*

Perfectly put, lol. Yep I watched it a second time as well. Great stuff. I love everything you mentioned plus Cara's move where she rolls with the Walrusman guy and uses him as a human (alien?) shield for like three straight blasts. Then her follow up elbow to the other guy's face just looked so damn legit. Great stuff all around.

Interesting that Gideon's informant on Nevarro was a Mimban, which we know from Solo was a denizen of the greatly oppressed mud planet. Gideon's influence must be great indeed to have recruited one of them.

Anyone else catch the memorial to IG-11 in the middle of the town? I missed that the first time around.

I also like Baby Yoda's "Ah-to" after stealing the cookies. His delivery lets you interpret it as either "thank you" or "**** you", whichever you prefer, lol.

Mando isn't just a cash cow right now, it's the flagship of their streaming service. For Disney to risk alienating a large part of their current Mando audience *for no good reason whatsoever* would indeed be pure lunacy, imo. Especially given the fact that ST lore-building can be achieved elsewhere, while leaving Mando unspoiled. I can't understand why anyone would advocate for that kind of risk with no discernible reward.

ec78e0a10c3d978f7c3756d440b401e9.gif
86dfb808a89f378f282c048c1c1c7c68.gif

Are you sure? Solo had no ST connections whatsoever and bombed. TROS *was* an ST movie and still did Joker numbers. My guess is that if Mando reveals that Gideon's entire directive is to see about the creation of Snoke or bodies for Palps that they won't lose any measurable number of subscribers, not if the current quality continues anyway.

I obviously can't be "sure," but I do honestly believe the ST hate is strong enough to have a legit adverse effect on the bottom line (and thereby the standing of SW in total). I think they'd be wise to keep riding the Mando wave without interruption.

I honestly hope that TM never appears in the show again. Then I can just pretend that the identity of Jango's clone was stolen by the badass who appeared in the theatrical ESB. Give TM Fett his own show that I can easily dismiss. I doubt they'll grant my wish but my fingers are crossed nonetheless.

I'm totally with you on this, but also understand that it's a pipe dream we have. I want the Fett that I grew up with restored back to his true potential. With that said, if these Mando creators can give me an older version of TM Fett to be proud of, I'll still be extremely grateful.

My dream scenario would be to give older Fett a vibe like Eastwood's character in Unforgiven. A guy who everyone knows was the baddest of badasses, but largely just wants to be left alone. And when someone tries to **** with him, or take anything from him, he can still put shots right between the eyes without even a blink of hesitation.

I love everything you mentioned plus Cara's move where she rolls with the Walrusman guy and uses him as a human (alien?) shield for like three straight blasts. Then her follow up elbow to the other guy's face just looked so damn legit. Great stuff all around.

YES!! :clap

there aren't very many st fans by the standards required to keep a franchise relevant. And only a miniscule percentage of that already small number spend any money. Most of the st "fans" spend their time trying to cancel people on twitter while watching reruns of twilight.

The ST fans have tumblr pages about The Force Awakens actually being about Rey?s sexual awakening. These people are utterly delusional. Don?t forget the typical ST twitter fan, anime avatar, preferred pronouns, rainbow flag, other emojis, and being literal social justice warriors trying to cancel anything and everyone that might offend anyone or anything. The great thing about these fans is they aren?t fans at all, they just twist a story to fit their faux social justice agenda and stan hard for a film/franchise they will never understand, let alone care about within a years time, because the next thing they are on about released. They spend no money. They care little about past movies.

Just look at merchandise, erggh, lack thereof, for the ST. Truth is right there.

i know plenty of people that enjoy the sequels and plenty that don't, they aren't less of a fan than me or you or vice versa just because they enjoy other aspects of the franchise, that's just gatekeeping at that point :dunno.

Given my time and monetary investment in this franchise, I have no issue saying they are far less fans than me. The problem is they only enjoy one aspect of the franchise and that is because they are fans of the message of the movie rather than the movies themselves. That?s not a fan, that is a SJW.

wanting a well done trilogy of movies that fit within the parameters and characters of the existing franchise is not gatekeeping.

ST fans response: reeeeeeeee

its not getting ignored by disney in terms of canon.. Sorry if you misunderstood that.

You can proceed to cry.

It might as well be ignored given all current focus of the franchise is on the PT/OT.

First off talking theories is part of being a sw fan.. 2nd.. I sense great fear in you that this show might be making some references to the st. :lol

It?s not making any references. Just another cause of the DESPERATE ST fans trying to gain relevancy and dilute a great show with ST trash.

since kids love sw and kids love legos i would say that disney is appealing to the kids with the lego cartoon.

Those same kids that will grow up and and not understand the hate thrown at the st just like the kids that are adults today that cant understand the hate thrown at the pt.

Those kids will grow up Marvel fans. Look at the numbers. Halloween costume sales to role play toys to action figures, next gen Star Wars fans won?t exist as they do now because of the ST, it will be because of Mando. And Disney knows this. Believe me, Disney knows the ST is radioactive and destroys anything it touches. Mando will lose 75% viewership as soon as it goes down the ST path.

Well that one clone sure looked like snoke.. And if there was a snoke theme then there you have it..

There is also the mention that uniforms of some of the officers are starting to take on a first order look..

There is also the point about a "test subject" being killed. So who knows what is going on there. Palps or snoke maybe.??

If its not then its not.. Its still fun to have theories.

All BS conjecture put out by some dude in a basement with a mic.

Dispute the countless articles talking about Dark Troopers.

So strange to see st haters have such blind hatred for the films that they think a series as popular as mando will suddenly fail if it even hints at the st..

I hated me some pt but tcw gave it new life. Seems like st haters would welcome the same.

Time will tell.. For better or worse the st like the pt its still canon.

ST is irredeemable, as are its fans it seems.

honestly i have no idea about the sales of toys and how it all works.. But lego movies are geared right at the kids and i would assume there must be a reason they focused on the st for the new show.

Toys indicate some form of passion for a franchise. Toys indicate interest. When toys fail for an entire trilogy, there is no passion, no interest, for that franchise. Star Wars made its money on merch and ST ain?t making that money.

aren't the last several pages of this thread a perfect illustration of why disney would have to be stupid af to introduce st subject matter into the mandalorian? :lol

this show, so far, has generated no hate whatsoever. All sides of the fan debates are at least neutral on it, if not outright enjoying it. The discussions, up until these last 2 days, have been about the stories themselves. Risking any association with the st is risking making mando yet another divisive property. That would be an utterly insane thing to do with disney's most popular sw creation.

Personally, i don't care if this show goes there since i'm not an st hater. As apathetic as i've gotten about the st, it could only help me re-embrace it at this point. But if they do go there, i think it's confirmation that only morons and tone-deaf people are in charge of the franchise.

If they want to do for the st what tcw did for the pt, then the right thing to do would be to make an animated show about the new republic era with luke's jedi academy, ben solo's corruption, snoke's ascendancy, and flesh out all the "sith eternal" palpatine nonsense. Have it be its own thing that doesn't pollute something as popular as mando. Keep mando pure to preserve the good will it has (miraculously) built.

They can?t do that animated show because nobody would watch it, not in meaningful numbers anyways. Disney knows the ST is a failure, it?s why they order a Sequel to a Prequel cartoon, The Bad Batch, because people will watch that.

considering that the episode the majority of fans are calling their favorite of the entire series is also the one that seems to link most directly to the st i'll go with "no, they wouldn't be stupid" to continue that trend. :)

two guys who were 8-10 years old when the pt came out complaining on the internet won't be enough to change the course of the franchise. People were already complaining about mando anyway. "it feels too much like a bad tv show, it has way too much fan service, it's all about the stupid merchandise gimmick of baby yoda, mando got beat up by a girl, mando got beat up by a trump supporter, why do women have boobs, bla bla bla." so adding "wah i hate the st" to the mix will just be more white noise in the background of an already great show. ;)

besides if i have to see tm's face then yeah the pt fans can put on their big boy pants and take a gander at snoke, lol.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

There are tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, who turned their back on the ST. Merch sales show. Disney cares about money and there is no future money in the ST.

an animated lego minifigure captured the magic for you that the on screen actress couldn't, indeed a ringing endorsement!
0e29e3419550cef909169c30210a8e49.gif

sent from my sm-g975u1 using tapatalk

:lol:lol

problem with your argument is that last complaint has already cost disney a couple billion dollars and counting...

Yup. Originally cost em a whole generation of fans too, but Mando possibly saved them.

I'm totally with you on this, but also understand that it's a pipe dream we have. I want the Fett that I grew up with restored back to his true potential. With that said, if these Mando creators can give me an older version of TM Fett to be proud of, I'll still be extremely grateful.

My dream scenario would be to give older Fett a vibe like Eastwood's character in Unforgiven. A guy who everyone knows was the baddest of badasses, but largely just wants to be left alone. And when someone tries to **** with him, or take anything from him, he can still put shots right between the eyes without even a blink of hesitation.

Yep if they don't go with my first choice then my second choice is definitely along the lines of that which you propose. Then I could see myself begrudgingly come to accept TM Fett, or maybe, just maybe, even accepting it. See how that works ST haters, lol.

Last edited:
Back