Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

You can already see Duckman's explanation for the ending was ********, didn't I tell you?

"Uuuh this is the moment where uuuh Ellie decides to be uuuh independent, and a uhhh stronk womyn"

...years later....

Still with Joel.

You can already see Duckman's explanation for the ending was ********, didn't I tell you?

"Uuuh this is the moment where uuuh Ellie decides to be uuuh independent, and a uhhh stronk womyn"

...years later....

Still with Joel.

True, I just couldn't understand why someone would lie about their own work like that. That's pretty sad, but you're definitely right about his opinion on the ending being Bs.

True, I just couldn't understand why someone would lie about their own work like that. That's pretty sad, but you're definitely right about his opinion on the ending being Bs.
Because back then being a SJW and being perceived as progressive was a synonym of quality, that's when all those retarded changes to Marvel were originated, because being progressive back then = good writing/product, so he wanted to get on the good side of the then growing feminist frequency crowd by giving it a feminist spin.

What he said made no sense and wasn't supported by the story at all, but those sjw retards will eat up anything to feel like they're sticking it to the "status-quo", same thing happened with Legend of Korra.

Now however, this time could be intentional though.

feminist """characters""" = female characters... Says the fan of Sensitive Joss Whedon (had to be) :lol

Why are these people so deluded?

I'm not sure how to feel about this. One one hand, TLOU was one of my favorite games of all time, and the the idea of a sequel is tantalizing. On the other hand, I always felt like the IP is better suited for a one shot deal, and bringing back Ellie and Joel doesn't seem to be an inspired direction. At worst, it could dilute the impact of the first game, which stands on it's own as one of the greatest single player experiences there is in videogames.

I guess we'll just have to see. Naughty Dog has never made a bad game, and I hope this game would prove me wrong and inevitably be the right course of action.

The decision to make a sequel wasn't made lightly. Being as their most well received game, it can make or break this little series. I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I can't imagine it being "bad." For all we know, it could be MGS2 in upping the scope and narrative.

The decision to make a sequel wasn't made lightly. Being as their most well received game, it can make or break this little series. I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I can't imagine it being "bad." For all we know, it could be MGS2 in upping the scope and narrative.

Most definitely. If there's anything reassuring, it was the fact that ND and Neil Druckmann decided to end Nathan Drake's adventures in U4 for good, knowing full well that there's just not much adventures to put Nate in without milking the series. Do I agree that TLOU needed a sequel? No. However, given that this is the same creative team behind TLOU and Uncharted, I'll have faith that there's one more story to tell with Joel and Ellie, regardless if I'm currently left wondering what that story would be. This is Naughty Dog after all, not Kojima Factory Productions.

Most definitely. If there's anything reassuring, it was the fact that ND and Neil Druckmann decided to end Nathan Drake's adventures in U4 for good, knowing full well that there's just not much adventures to put Nate in without milking the series. Do I agree that TLOU needed a sequel? No. However, given that this is the same creative team behind TLOU and Uncharted, I'll have faith that there's one more story to tell with Joel and Ellie, regardless if I'm currently left wondering what that story would be. This is Naughty Dog after all, not Kojima Factory Productions.

I'll only truly start worrying when we start getting prequels that show how he became Big Joel Boss and the invention of the Sarah AI Mammal pod.

I'll only truly start worrying when we start getting prequels that show how he became Big Joel Boss and the invention of the Sarah AI Mammal pod.

Don't forget that Ellie still caries the virus so she need to get nekkid to breathe trough her skin now that she's legal. :monkey3

Don't forget that Ellie still caries the virus so she need to get nekkid to breathe trough her skin now that she's legal. :monkey3

QsvuTLu.gif

The only prequel for this series that would be good is probably something showing Joel between the 20 years of when the apocalypse began and when it gets to the point where we see him again. After all Ellie's prequel worked.

I wonder if they'll explain how things....happened, or a few other stories. Maybe returning characters like good ole Bill?
Exactly, probably the best way to put how this is going to go. I honestly didn't think we would see Ellie and Joel in a starring role in TLoU 2, but that they could totally do another game in the same universe. Like how Uncharted: The Lost Legacy isn't focusing on Drake and Elena, but instead Chloe and surprisingly Nadine. We could see stuff in the universe, but from some characters no. Their stories were over. On the other hand, with Joel and Ellie...they still have to survive in their post-apocalyptic world. Anything can go wrong. In that sense, their stories are not over.

Wasn't it implied that Joel was once part of or had some some involvement with the hunters? When they were in the car he didn't fall for that scam those hunters tried to pull, and later explained to Ellie the reason he knew was because he had "been on the other side of that before."

Ellie also asked him if he had killed any innocent people as well and he shrugged and avoided answering. I don't think Joel is a bad guy but likely he's done some **** he's not proud of in the past.

Yeah Joel did a large variety of things in those 20 years, understandable because....20 years lol. He did what he had to to survive, which is why Tommy was scarred and left him.

But to be fair, Joel was probably screwed out of so much right after Sarah died so he grew disillusioned pretty fast. Point of Joel's character is that he is not a good guy, he's really an anti-hero who is just tired of everything and wants his old life back.

See the thing is Joel and Ellie became such icons now that nobody would be as interested in playing a last of us game with out them.

feminist """characters""" = female characters... Says the fan of Sensitive Joss Whedon (had to be) :lol

Why are these people so deluded?

Even if they were trying to push something, it wouldn't be wrong, women are severely misrepresented in media and trying to make a conscious decision to improve it is not a bad thing.

At times I wonder why I even bother with this place. Then, I remember the it's the entertaining flame wars that keep me coming back. Thanks, gents!

Even if they were trying to push something, it wouldn't be wrong, women are severely misrepresented in media and trying to make a conscious decision to improve it is not a bad thing.
It is if the work of "art" suffers for it, but I agree with the sentiment.

Hell I wouldn't even mind if it was a female power fantasy, we have countless male power fantasies, hell, pop-culture is built on them, but can't they at least be good? With REAL characters? For the fun of it without trying to be preachy? That's all I ask. Of course it doesn't apply to this game yet, since we don't know.

At times I wonder why I even bother with this place. Then, I remember the it's the entertaining flame wars that keep me coming back. Thanks, gents!

Not so for me, I find myself putting threads like the TPP thread in the zapping zone more often than not.

Back