Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

The teaser itself I liked, but bringing back Ellie and Joel is a major problem if they are indeed the characters we’re playing as. Horror/survival games bringing back previous protagonist as the lead characters always takes away the suspense the original had because these two characters have already killed or snuck by hundreds or men and clickers. Like Dead Space 2, I can see this going in a more action territory.

Also I’m worried about Neil Druckmann pushing his feminist agenda even further with this game. I mean did Ellie singlehandedly kill all those men in that trailer? By the end of this game I can see her being as strong as Kratos. This being a Naughty Dawg game, I’m sure it will be at the very least decent, but after Uncharted 4 I’m not as confident in them as I was when Uncharted 2 came out.

I wouldn't have a problem if this was more action-y, as long as the drama is still powerful.

In fact, seems like the obvious progression, like Terminator and Alien.

But I have to admit I'm worried about the SJW pandering in this one, the first one went under the radar for the most part, but the times are different now and if he's as much a SJW as he claims to be, he'll go full pandering with this one.

I also have no problem with Ellie being a total badass, if she survived that long she HAS to be one.

I wouldn't have a problem if this was more action-y, as long as the drama is still powerful.

In fact, seems like the obvious progression, like Terminator and Alien.

But I have to admit I'm worried about the SJW pandering in this one, the first one went under the radar for the most part, but the times are different now and if he's as much a SJW as he claims to be, he'll go full pandering with this one.

I also have no problem with Ellie being a total badass, if she survived that long she HAS to be one.

Yea, but all the grown men she’s killing survived in the same world as well :lol

Also, Neil Druckman just confirmed we’ll be playing as Ellie this time, and she’ll be 19. A 19 year old Ellie murdering a bunch of grown men, and Druckmann writing? I’m nervous.

I just saw the Uncharted 4 DLC preview, it makes me very scared for TLOU2 :lol

I don't see as a feminist agenda, I mean, a lot of these female support characters have been fleshed out so well, it is a bummer not to play as them. I loved playing as Ellie during the winter sequence and during her prequel story. I mean, I love Joel too, but he was always brooding, which I didn't mind; but that Ellie added more to the mix.

I will say it has been happening a lot. Look at Ciri too from Witcher 3. I love her character and she is just as badass as Geralt, so I see no harm if they made a game to play as her. But those are great characters, if it's something like Grand Theft Auto doing a female protagonist, well just ****ing shoot me now.

Hell, I'd be surprised if Joel is even playable.

I think it's going to be a flip of character roles.

I don't see as a feminist agenda, I mean, a lot of these female support characters have been fleshed out so well, it is a bummer not to play as them. I loved playing as Ellie during the winter sequence and during her prequel story. I mean, I love Joel too, but he was always brooding, which I didn't mind; but that Ellie added more to the mix.

I will say it has been happening a lot. Look at Ciri too from Witcher 3. I love her character and she is just as badass as Geralt, so I see no harm if they made a game to play as her. But those are great characters, if it's something like Grand Theft Auto doing a female protagonist, well just ****ing shoot me now.

Making a strong female character isn't overtly feminism. There's plenty of examples out there (Ghostbusters 2016, Rogue One) where it's forced on you. Be that as it may, it was done without being thrown in your face so I don't understand what the issue is. This is coming from someone that thinks feminism is cancer btw.

Well, Neil Druckmann himself kinda brought the whole Feminist agenda thing to light.

This is the Uncharted 4 DLC video. Now Chloe doesn’t even need guns, she’s taking all these soldiers out with her fighting skills now. If TLOU2 is as gratuitous as this, I won’t be buying it.

For me, I’m less forgiving on immersion breaking when it comes to TLOU than I am for something like Uncharted because TLOU built up this serious tone, so any bad dialogue, jokes, or scenes, stick out more in my opinion than something like Uncharted because Uncharted doesn’t take itself that seriously. Its like comparing a DC movie to a Marvel movie, bad dialogue, or jokes, stick out for more with DC’s more serious tone movies, while MCU films have nothing but bad dialogue and comedy.

Last edited:

They can make Ellie as strong as superman for all I care. It's a videogame, I just need it to be fun.

They can make Ellie as strong as superman for all I care. It's a videogame, I just need it to be fun.

She gets kidnapped by the Patriots and is given a nanomachine/vocal cord parasite cocktail and is turned into a cybernetic ninja.

Make it happen.

Yeah, we need to slut Ellie up to "inspire" cosplay. I look forward to the long gratuitous shower scenes.

Add Mass Effect Andromeda to the list of anticipated games that I want to play. Looks amazing and I absolutely adored the first three, even though 3,s ending sucked.

Re: The Last of Us 2 (unconfirmed)

200w.gif

tumblr_inline_ofmp3i1y611smj6th_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how to feel about this. One one hand, TLOU was one of my favorite games of all time, and the the idea of a sequel is tantalizing. On the other hand, I always felt like the IP is better suited for a one shot deal, and bringing back Ellie and Joel doesn't seem to be an inspired direction. At worst, it could dilute the impact of the first game, which stands on it's own as one of the greatest single player experiences there is in videogames.

I guess we'll just have to see. Naughty Dog has never made a bad game, and I hope this game would prove me wrong and inevitably be the right course of action.

The little feminist agenda there was in TLOU was injected tastefully without disrupting the experience, so much that I don't count it as agenda or propaganda, they're just good characters.

After having seen U4 though, I think naughtydawg is pretty unhinged and we could expect something the notch to go up.

I was perfectly fine having Ellie sneak into an enemy camp and kill one tired and wounded adult, but a 19 year old girl killing hardened men on her own? Pturtle is right, the idea is dumb for such a realistic world.

However, she could be a master of traps or something, then I could buy it.

We'll see.

I really liked the first game and while I'm super excited for this, I'm concerned that the developers are burned out on this type of game. With the launch of Uncharted 4 they were talking about how crazy it is to work on something that big and they wanted to do something different. Now they not only have another Last of Us but they've got another Uncharted game.

Then thank the heavens you don't create games :lol

I'm not sure how to feel about this. One one hand, TLOU was one of my favorite games of all time, and the the idea of a sequel is tantalizing. On the other hand, I always felt like the IP is better suited for a one shot deal, and bringing back Ellie and Joel doesn't seem to be an inspired direction. At worst, it could dilute the impact of the first game, which stands on it's own as one of the greatest single player experiences there is in videogames.

I guess we'll just have to see. Naughty Dog has never made a bad game, and I hope this game would prove me wrong and inevitably be the right course of action.

I agree they haven't really made a bad game, but looking at their track record, they have been extremely hit and miss. Uncharted 1 was an okay game, Uncharted 2 was great for its time (aged horribly), uncharted 3 was considered by many to be underwhelming, TLOU was incredible and Uncharted 4 has already been forgotten about by the gaming public. I don't know if I can even call Uncharted 4 a good game, outside of the amazing graphics, animations, and performances, not much about that game was very good at all. It felt like a walking simulator at times, that one amazing set piece was spoiled a year before the game dropped, the story played it way too safe, and unfortunately the characters we cared about got pushed to the side so that Drake's long lost brother can have the spotlight. The villains were arguably the worst in the series, and that's really saying something for this series, the gameplay actually devolved compared to Uncharted 3. They tried to add stealth into the gameplay like TLOU, and it failed horribly, the shooting mechanics were slightly better than Uncharted 3 when it released, and the repetition seriously started to kick in after I slid down like my 100th rock, and swung using a rope that drake never needed until this game. I can't think of a single thing this game did better than Uncharted 2 and 3 in terms of gameplay and story.

The little feminist agenda there was in TLOU was injected tastefully without disrupting the experience, so much that I don't count it as agenda or propaganda, they're just good characters.

After having seen U4 though, I think naughtydawg is pretty unhinged and we could expect something the notch to go up.

I was perfectly fine having Ellie sneak into an enemy camp and kill one tired and wounded adult, but a 19 year old girl killing hardened men on her own? Pturtle is right, the idea is dumb for such a realistic world.

However, she could be a master of traps or something, then I could buy it.

We'll see.

Did you see the DLC video I posted? It's even worse than the base game :lol

I know I sound like a broken record, and I'm not here to threadcrap, so this will probably be the last time I bring up the whole agenda thing, I can already see some loyal fans getting upset, but nevertheless I am 100% sure this game will be good at the very least. Just for my own personal enjoyment, I hope they don't over do it and turn Ellie into Rey and Joel into Finn.

Did you see the DLC video I posted? It's even worse than the base game :lol

I know I sound like a broken record, and I'm not here to threadcrap, so this will probably be the last time I bring up the whole agenda thing, I can already see some loyal fans getting upset, but nevertheless I am 100% sure this game will be good at the very least. Just for my own personal enjoyment, I hope they don't over do it and turn Ellie into Rey and Joel into Finn.
No man, PM it to me.

I think that's a legit concern.

No man, PM it to me.

I think that's a legit concern.

Sent.

I'm also interested to see if Druckmann's opinion on the ending will indeed be canon in the sequel. This sequel can really hurt the first game's ending which sucks because I thought it was one of the best endings I've ever experienced in a game.

Back