The Killing Joke animated film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are nuts

comic-book-guy-worst-post-ever.jpg

Well, this is going to end up being a rental for me. Never saw that coming. I bought TKJ when it 1st came out and LOVED it. I was certain that I would buy the movie. However, after they decided to add the extra 30 minutes of Batgirl to the movie and have Babs and Bruce in a sexual relationship, I have no desire to own the movie.

When people are complaining about Conroy and Hamill I know it's just overreacting
Let's not give them fanboyish blind credit, we have enough icons enjoying such pedestal, the position they have in the fandom was well earned, they don't need that.

Their performances are not bad, they're just not appropriate choices for this.

KEVIN CONROY MARK HAMILL
KEVIN CONROY MARK HAMILL
KEVIN CONROY MARK HAMILL
KEVIN CONROY MARK HAMILL

They're overexposed and overrated by the fan base, i.e. smelly man babies.

I wouldn't care if they never do voice work for Batman or the Joker ever again. We've seen their "range" and I've gotten my fill of them between the various shows, movies, and games over the past 24 years. They got their Killing Joke movie, albeit a crappy one, the end.
If there's anything that makes it easier "hating" on them, is when the fanbase starts protecting their icons like they're infallible beings of light.

Conroy himself said that the fans would call him out in a second if he or his Batman did something inauthentic IIRC, well, here it is. And we're not even criticizing the performance itself.

I'm officially hoping DC/WB Animation never adapts another classic again. Stay the hell away from Kingdom Come. I'm serious m-----f------s. Don't even.

Just finished watching it, was meh, only thing I found to my liking was bringing back Conroy and Hamill, but even then I feel as if their portrayals of the characters were out of place and to a degree felt like they were "phoning it in". I feel as if the acting in this movie would have been more suitable for an animated Hush movie. The last adaption on my wish list as of now would have to be Blackest Night, but it would have to be a 2 or even 3 parter.

Picked up my copy of the movie today. Will watch it tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Didn't like it. Those first 40 mins are terrible.

The animation wasn't great either. It looks just like the early 2000s X-Men: Evolutions cartoon.

Wasn't impressed. My favorite parts were the Sideshow freaks. Their involvement was the only improvement over the graphic novel. I liked how they fought Batman instead of scurrying away when he shows up in the Batmobile.

I think having Bruce Timm involved in this was a mistake, from the Barbara/Batgirl focus, to the art direction to the animation.

Didn't like it. Those first 40 mins are terrible.

The animation wasn't great either. It looks just like the early 2000s X-Men: Evolutions cartoon.

Wasn't impressed. My favorite parts were the Sideshow freaks. Their involvement was the only improvement over the graphic novel. I liked how they fought Batman instead of scurrying away when he shows up in the Batmobile.

I think having Bruce Timm involved in this was a mistake, from the Barbara/Batgirl focus, to the art direction to the animation.

Now you're criticizing BT too? :horror: The nerve! Nobody safe!

Back