The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to Vietnam films, a lot of people either fall on the side of that or Apocalypse Now. I much prefer Platoon since AN is quite long and it's mostly Sheen's inner monologues while Platoon there's always some good dialogue going on between the cast.

I haven't seen that. I'm cliche and only saw the modern hits more or less. :lol

I haven't seen Kelly's Heroes in forever. I'd probably get a lot more out of it watching it now, since I don't think I was old enough to appreciate it.

It's a brilliant film, probably my all-time favourite WWII movie. Perfect cast too.

I'll be the filthy hipster in the room: Full Metal Jacket's my favourite 'Nam movie. The second half's just as good as the first.

It's a brilliant film, probably my all-time favourite WWII movie. Perfect cast too.

I'll be the filthy hipster in the room: Full Metal Jacket's my favourite 'Nam movie. The second half's just as good as the first.

I watched it again recently. While I don't think the second half is bad, I just feels like they filmed two films together and edited them together.

Damtoys has that Animal Mother figure coming out soon.

The first 30 minutes of Full Metal Jacket is my favorite part of the whole film. I like the rest of the film just fine and I'll usually keep watching it once it's going, but I get completely sucked into the first part of the film whereas the rest of the film just makes me uncomfortable. :lol

The first 30 minutes of Full Metal Jacket is my favorite part of the whole film. I like the rest of the film just fine and I'll usually keep watching it once it's going, but I get completely sucked into the first part of the film whereas the rest of the film just makes me uncomfortable. :lol

"Me so hornay." :lol

FMJ made bootcamp scarier than being deployed.

ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL WAS OFFERED THE PART OF JOKER
Kubrick originally offered the part of Joker to Anthony Michael Hall, but an eight-month-long argument about monetary compensation eventually ended the collaboration. "It was a difficult decision," said Hall of his departure from the project. "Because in that eight-month period, I read everything I could about the guy, and I was really fascinated by him. I wanted to be a part of that film, but it didn't work out. But all sorts of stories circulated, like I got on set and I was fired, or I was pissed at him for shooting too long. It's all not true."

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER AND BRUCE WILLIS TURNED DOWN ROLES.
Schwarzenegger claimed he was too busy to play Animal Mother (the part that eventually went to Adam Baldwin). Bruce Willis was offered a part two days before he was to start shooting the first six episodes of Moonlighting, so he had to say no, too. Denzel Washington wanted in, but didn’t like that Kubrick didn’t send out a script beforehand to audition.

THE PHRASE "FULL METAL JACKET" APPEARS NOWHERE IN THE BOOK UPON WHICH THE MOVIE IS BASED.
While Kubrick was “enthralled” with Vietnam veteran Hasford’s The Short-Timers, he was concerned about using the book's title as the movie title as he feared audiences might think that the movie was about people who only did half a day of work. Kubrick discovered the phrase “full metal jacket,” which describes the casing of a bullet, in a gun catalog.

VINCENT D’ONOFRIO GAINED 70 POUNDS TO PLAY LEONARD "GOMER PYLE" LAWRENCE.

In addition to the weight gain, D'Onofrio also shaved his head for the role, and was surprised by how much it affected him. ''It changed my life,'' D'Onofrio told The New York Times in 1987. ''Women didn't look at me; most of the time I was looking at their backs as they were running away. People used to say things to me twice, because they thought I was stupid.'' To this day, it's the most weight any actor has ever gained for a movie role.

LT. JOKER WAS ORIGINALLY MEANT TO DIE.
At first, Full Metal Jacket was set to begin with Joker’s funeral in a flashback, but Kubrick felt it was wrong. Yet Kubrick continued to consider killing Joker off throughout filming, and kept asking Modine if he thought it was right for his character to die. Modine angrily told Kubrick that surviving the war and having to remember all of the horror for the rest of his days would be the most fitting ending of all for Joker and the movie. Once again, Kubrick backed off.

THE ACTORS UNDERWENT REALISTIC BOOT CAMP TRAINING
Ermey yelled at the actors set to play Marines in the film for up to 10 hours a day. They also had their heads shaved once a week.

im glad Schwarzenegger was not in the movie. that other guy did an excellent job

Me too. It would have turned into a "Schwarzenegger" film. Not that there was anything wrong with his films back then, but I don't know how well he and Kubrick would have gotten on. :lol

Me too. It would have turned into a "Schwarzenegger" film. Not that there was anything wrong with his films back then, but I don't know how well he and Kubrick would have gotten on. :lol

He would of been WAY too distracting. Arnie doesn't work as a supporting role, it just can't happen.

You getting either of those 1/4 Joker or Batman?

I would definitely grab them if they were 1/6. They both look great.

He would of been WAY too distracting. Arnie doesn't work as a supporting role, it just can't happen.

You getting either of those 1/4 Joker or Batman?

I would definitely grab them if they were 1/6. They both look great.

I don't think so. They both look great, but those prices are killing me. It's a lot of money that can go toward other things I'd rather have.

I don't think so. They both look great, but those prices are killing me. It's a lot of money that can go toward other things I'd rather have.

I really love Begins, more than the other films in that series... but not that much. It's only a matter of time before we see it again in 1/6 anyway.

I still hate selling my DX11-12.

I really love Begins, more than the other films in that series... but not that much. It's only a matter of time before we see it again in 1/6 anyway.

I still hate selling my DX11-12.

My BB Batman figure had the damn broken ankles so I sold it, along with almost all my other Nolan Batman figures. People were paying crazy prices so I felt silly keeping them--especially when I started to move away from wanting to collect the line. I kept the first Bank Robber Joker and that's it.

My BB Batman figure had the damn broken ankles so I sold it, along with almost all my other Nolan Batman figures. People were paying crazy prices so I felt silly keeping them--especially when I started to move away from wanting to collect the line. I kept the first Bank Robber Joker and that's it.

I sold off my stuff like a few months before Bank Robber 2.0 was shown... ugh it's still painful I did that. Ah well.

Begins 1/4 is bought, no question. I'll likely get Joker too, and sell that "artistic" HS down the line when it sells out.

Truly surprised HT did those, still hoping for a 1/4 Returns suit, You know, the one they ****ing promised 20 years ago.

I actually sold my DX-11 EX for $650, so I really don't feel that bad.

im glad Schwarzenegger was not in the movie. that other guy did an excellent job

I really want to visit the parallel universe where there's footage of Arnie delivering the "all ****ing n****** must ****ing hang" line :lol :rotfl

Back