The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a conversation with a lady in the pharmacy that blew my mind. It's incredibly aggravating talking to someone that has a ton of money and privilege that doesn't have any understanding about a "normal" standard of living. She was mad that her prescriptions cost so much through her insurance (like I have any control over that) and that spiraled into her talking about how rich people shouldn't pay as much in taxes as other people. She thinks that people with degrees (mainly doctors because her husband is one) should make more money, but that teachers make a decent living wage (while also telling me that she used to teach--which may or may not have been ******** or she possibly did that before marrying rich) so they should be doing just fine. She said her daughter liked what Bernie Sanders had as a platform so, as punishment, she was thinking of sending her to college in Finland to let her see what that type of thinking gets you. I told her that her daughter would probably love that, but she disagreed. 1) How much ****ing money do you have to have to send your kid to another continent as "punishment"? and 2) Why would you think your kid would hate a place that ranks as one of the top countries in the world for happiness?

Holy **** do I love this figure! The one I got was unopened, and this is right out of the box--just switched the hands. From what I can tell, the neck isn't damaged and I think I have all the studs. Now I ****ing want another one.

bec396c48835b967ae4ef39b5a742f89.jpg

3e7c274f06924761d203025d82087f0a.jpg

8bcef753a68e301c38f71f6376bba5a8.jpg

Holy **** do I love this figure! The one I got was unopened, and this is right out of the box--just switched the hands. From what I can tell, the neck isn't damaged and I think I have all the studs. Now I ****ing want another one.

Nice! I'm glad it turned out alright. I was certain the neck would of been FUBAR'd. Plus you got all the studs there as I can see. Get another one for sure, I think the BD head is awesome as well. All the ones I've had had a shiny spot on the forehead which came from rubbing inside the box I'd guess but you can knock it out with some Tamiya flat coat.

You've officially joined the MMS136 master race.

WUPF8TZ.gif

I think I'm going to get the T1000 next, but I may splurge on another one of the Tech Noir figures. It is absolutely beautiful. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it a long time ago.

I know that feel. See what we mean about the ferociousness the sculpt has? You don't truly get it until it's in person.

Nice! I'm glad it turned out alright. I was certain the neck would of been FUBAR'd. Plus you got all the studs there as you can see. Get another one for sure, I think the BD head is awesome as well. All the ones I've had had a shiny spot on the forehead which came from rubbing inside the box I'd guess but you can knock it out with some Tamiya flat coat.

You've officially joined the MMS136 master race.

WUPF8TZ.gif

I haven't moved the head much for fear of hearing a crack. :lol I'm definitely getting another one so I can display both heads.

The sculpt is amazing. I'm getting a little pissed looking at the DX head now.

Both DXs haven't aged well. They've completely lost the flavor they had with me when I first got them.

You getting into old Terminator figures is really making me think about T-1000...

You just reminded me of this pic I took a few days ago while dusting out my detolf*

Spoiler Spoiler:

Remember when HT skin tones looked like actual flesh? Remember when they used to actually put visible surface texture into their sculpts? Remember the old eyes?

*spoilered due to Iron Meh content

Yeah. I got it from the same place I got the T800. Bateman won't stop sending me links. :mad:

Nice :lol that's got a mean ass stare too.

You just reminded me of this pic I took a few days ago while dusting out my detolf*

Spoiler Spoiler:

Remember when HT skin tones looked like actual flesh? Remember when they used to actually put visible surface texture into their sculpts? Remember the old eyes?

*spoilered due to Iron Meh content

They go overboard with sculpts with all the little inflections that just ruin it. The older heads have much more presence. Like Sgt Barnes is one of my favorites.

What did I tell you, Zod? Congrats! For a 7 year old figure, it's FANTASTIC.

I've told this story before, but I got the 136 and the DX10 both on the same day and I put away the DX10 because I was so enamored by the look of this- he looks so menacing and beefy. The only other figure that could match that look is the T1000, I'd never would have known hadn't I seen it myself, they're truly brothers.

I just ordered one. :lol

Dayum! He's equally as awesome as the Tech Noir, congrats!

Looks sweet man!!!

Thx to you and Bateman I too have this beast on the way! Helluva deal too... was only $228 shipped! Super stoked as I've been putting it off for a while now but all the talking about it made me give in! Been busting azz this week on site so time to reward myself due to the lack of internet time! Lol

Back