The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Legolas kill a dozen+ men and a 50-foot elephant with only his bow and arrows, while surfing it's trunk as it was stampeding through a battlefield in LotR?

Just got back from the cinema...really enjoyed the film and despite a few minor flaws (which I imagine will be taken care of in the extended edition) felt it was a pretty good ending to the trilogy. :rock I agree about some of the Legolas moments - some of his scenes towards the end of the film were a bit OTT to say the least :rolleyes2 .... but overall I thought it was a very good film - the 'Dol Guldur' scene in particular was pretty awesome and the final scene, well that was just wonderful....tied in so nicely to LotR.

Just sad now that there are no more Middle Earth films to look forward to :monkey2 Feels like the end of an era.

I agree it was a pretty nice ending tying everything together. Still far too much video game cgi as expected, there's no sense of danger after watching people stab weightless cartoon orcs over and over.

then how come he didn't do half the things he did in hobbit in the ring movies? i know it is obvious why but still the story makes no sense

hobbit legolas is an older looking Superman
rings legolas is a really young looking hunter type,
yeah the character does some extraordinary stunts but from what he does in the second one and what i read from the third he goes over the top

Call it the George Lucas effect. Jedi in the prequels are practically invincible, up until Order 66 of course when they all go down like butter. Will be interesting to see what route Abrams goes with in the sequel. I hope he tones it down.

Call it the George Lucas effect. Jedi in the prequels are practically invincible, up until Order 66 of course when they all go down like butter. Will be interesting to see what route Abrams goes with in the sequel. I hope he tones it down.

Invincible? I remember them dropping like flies in AOTC.

Are they going to play a all LOTR or Hobbit marathon. So far my multiplexes don't have anything planned :dunno

Are they going to play a all LOTR or Hobbit marathon. So far my multiplexes don't have anything planned :dunno

how long would it be if they played all 3 LOTR and the 2 Hobbit movies in a row? what would that be like?

how long would it be if they played all 3 LOTR and the 2 Hobbit movies in a row? what would that be like?

Way too long to sit through. Especially the entended cuts. You're talking close to if not 20 hours of viewing.

Dad and I awaiting the start of the marathon. image.jpg

Waiting for Five Armies to start. Got some real cool 3D glasses too. Not enough time in between to eat though. I have a belly ache from too much soda and popcorn.

Back