The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's difficult to explain because there are things i liked of each hobbit movie but there are things i really hated. so it wasn't a 100% hate thing,

the first one for me is like 65% good 35% bad,
second hobbit 70% bad 30% good.

Hobbit 1/2 are nowhere as bad as some people are making them out to be.

The PT they are not.

:lecture

it's difficult to explain because there are things i liked of each hobbit movie but there are things i really hated. so it wasn't a 100% hate thing,

I won't disagree with you that there are things I'd change. I just think as a whole they're darn good films.

Too late, you already ticked off Ween, now prepare for your ass whooping kid. :lol

Last edited:

This. I'd still say the good outweighs the bad for me, I wouldn't change much plot wise and the acting is great, my gripes lie with the technical issues and reliance on cgi.

Here's how I look at the Hobbit movies:

Imagine if there was a legendary band you absolutely loved for years and years and years. But they broke up or a member died or something like that. Essentially, there's no chance they would ever be getting back together.

But then somebody finds an album of unreleased material. They're not the big hits, they're not your favorites and it's not necessarily the band at their absolute best. But the tunes are kind of catchy and it's just great to hear your favorite band playing again.

B-sides.

Or, as Saruman might put it, "Lesser sons of greater sires." But, for me, still members of the family. :)

Imagine if there was a legendary band you absolutely loved for years and years and years. But they broke up or a member died or something like that. Essentially, there's no chance they would ever be getting back together.

But then somebody finds an album of unreleased material. They're not the big hits, they're not your favorites and it's not necessarily the band at their absolute best. But the tunes are kind of catchy and it's just great to hear your favorite band playing again.

B-sides.

Or, as Saruman might put it, "Lesser sons of greater sires." But, for me, still members of the family. :)

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

:goodpost:

Currently watching AUJ tonight then DOS tomorrow before Sunday. Balin's speech over the battle at Moria is so great.

896f7c8e40f046419336eb791c554b2871965c6e97aaf0831fe79692e0c48a5d.jpg
:D

B-sides.

Yep... we will like them & WANT to love them, but reality tells us they are not all that great.

I like this. i like this a lot

i guess you could say about the band example that it would be like if they replaced the piano player or the drums with a synthesizer and added autotune to the singing lol
same band, same band members but everything is electronic now
oh wait... that Already happened in real life! :lol

Back