The Haunted Mansion Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to WDW yesterday and got some pics of my favorite ride.

Day Time
4688651255_0480e226da.jpg

Night Time
4689290212_62f86e5250.jpg

Fire place!
4688655499_4e6dbe7c92.jpg

Outside the door to get in.....
4689286838_1912be94ca.jpg

My haul from the park!
4688676173_a6f120e858.jpg

Wish they had there own store for Haunted Mansion.

That sleepover sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder they would turn on the lightning and sound effects while they're sleeping just to mess with them! :lol

Hahaha, that would be AWESOME!

I remember seeing a behind the scenes/afterhours look at Disnelyand. It was a great video, and they interviewed various park employees who work the park from 3am till opening, who clean up and tune up the rides, etc. One guy said he was sweeping the floors of the banquet hall room in the Haunted Mansion, and all of a sudden holograms and music and lights came on and scared the crap out of him, hahaha!

Check it out!!!

Video Sneak Peek: Haunted Mansion Interactive Queue at Magic Kingdom Park

Attention Foolish Mortals: Walt Disney Imagineering has an exclusive first look at the new interactive queue being added to the Haunted Mansion attraction at Magic Kingdom Park – and it’s something you’ll want to check out. Your experience will now begin with a new story line inspired by some of your favorite characters previously seen only inside the Haunted Mansion. There are new crypts and other “spooky” sights to see as well as my favorite tombstones with witty epitaphs to the dearly departed like, “Drink A Toast To Our Friend Ken, Fill Your Glass And Don’t Say ‘When.’”
Today, Walt Disney Imagineering show producer Eric Goodman and show designer and art director Pete Carsillo are giving Disney Parks Blog readers a first video tour of the queue and a look at the amazing Decomposing Composer’s Crypt. The new Tomb has two sides of interactive instruments that sound as weird as they look. See for yourself.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/4ffd41b4" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/4ffd41b4" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Looks great, right? The grand opening of the new interactive queue is tentatively slated for the end of the month. Stay tuned to the blog for the latest information

Im finally renewing my annual pass in April,
can't wait to see this!!
:rock!

Hahaha, that would be AWESOME!

I remember seeing a behind the scenes/afterhours look at Disnelyand. It was a great video, and they interviewed various park employees who work the park from 3am till opening, who clean up and tune up the rides, etc. One guy said he was sweeping the floors of the banquet hall room in the Haunted Mansion, and all of a sudden holograms and music and lights came on and scared the crap out of him, hahaha!

My husband was on an electrical crew that did a refurbish job on the Haunted Mansion about 3 year ago or so and was working near the ball room party scene and the rocking chair started rocking. No one was in the control, no employees working, not even any of his crew near by. Just got up and took a break for about ten minutes. He said it was a little freaky ~ after midnight, quite, the rocking chair starts rockin'. Haunted?? Who knows....

We're getting alot of interactive queues here. Space Mountain has little video games, HM has this, Pooh's is by far the best. A garden to play in and video screen walls oozing honey that you can draw in. I would imagine they'll move that stuff to DL eventually as well.

We're getting alot of interactive queues here. Space Mountain has little video games, HM has this, Pooh's is by far the best. A garden to play in and video screen walls oozing honey that you can draw in. I would imagine they'll move that stuff to DL eventually as well.

Yeah the Pooh line goes a lot faster with the interactive characters in Rabbit's garden like the Gophers and with the Honey wall! It was awesome!

I will be going back to Disney in August again for the 14th time so I will be very excited to go to the Haunted Mansion to play in line!:yess:

Just got back from there and the new queue is pretty cool. I think it is a great addition.

Back