The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-Man does have a fun RG, but I dunno if it's better than Batman's. Ock and Osborn are Top Tier, with Venom and Carnage getting by on the cool factor alone. Then you've got people like Hobgoblin, Kraven, Lizard and Mysterio who are good enough. But afterwards you arrive at the Electros and Scorpions, who have just a power and a costume. The problem is that the majority of his villains are super-powered crooks with a gimmick and that's where it stops. You get the exception of the Mad Scientist like the Jackal or the afformentioned Ock. Batman's are more varried, I suppose. Yes, it can be argued that his are just gangsters with a gimmick as well, but said gimmick is more fleshed out. Electro is a crook with electrical powers, whereas Two-Face is a 1920s-like Gangster with a fixation on duality. Jackal is a sad sack mad scientist who pines over some teen blnde slut and makes clones, whereas Scarecrow is a mad scientist obsessed with fear because he thinks it'll make people stronger and whatever else. You get where I'm going with this. At the end of the day, I don't think Spider-Man's rogues have that much interesting backstories or even costumes. Vulture is a guy in a green suit with wings. Scorpion is a guy in a green suit with a tail. Jackal is a green furry. Meanwhile Two-Face has his classy three-piece suits with contrasting sides. Penguin's got his overcoats and tophats. Joker's got the purple thing going on. There's more memorable designs there.

It's all my opinion anyhow, but I don't see myself ever throwing 300$ at a Scorpion or 500$ at a Rhino. I'd buy a good Goblin or Ock, but that's more or less it. A Venom, maybe, if the figure came out good and didn't cost that much. Hell, just give me some RaimiVerse releases and I'll be happy. I'd sooner buy some X-Men or X-Force members, because of the cool designs and character longevity, even though I haven't liked the Muties in years. But in contrast to SM, I can easily see myself buying even a Hush from Batman's rogues. But again, my preferences.

Spoiler Spoiler:

PS: Batman's got more hawt babes in his Cast, so he wins by defaut. Spider-Man has, what, Black Cat and Shriek ? Kraven's wife and daughter ? MJ too, if we count supporting characters, and by extension (that whore) Gwen. There's Silver Sable too, and maybe you can stretch it to Spider-Woman. Batman's got Harley, Catwoman, Ivy, Talia and Shiva just for villlainesses (and that's just the big names). Then you've got Huntress, Babs, Cass, Steph, Kate, Katana and even Zee and Black Canary as Allies. Plus non-canon ones like Andrea/Phantasm and Roxy Rocket. And that's not counting gals like Julie or Vicki, which I did for Spider-Man, since he's got so few! You've got Reds, Blondes, Ravenheads, Asians, all the variety you could ever need! And they're all actually good characters. There's a reason Gotham City Sirens was an ongoing.

wp-1487945667589.jpg

Face it, BatChad wins. Spider-Man's great when you're a kid, but Batman's timeless.

I would agree, simply because all DC/WB does is focus on the Joker most of the time.

Much like how every Superman production must, by law, feature Lex Luthor or General Zod. Though the Batman films are better about using villains other than the Joker, at least.

Lol u can try and write a letter .

ironwez20 is a threat and a menace!

Spider-Man does have a fun RG, but I dunno if it's better than Batman's. Ock and Osborn are Top Tier, with Venom and Carnage getting by on the cool factor alone. Then you've got people like Hobgoblin, Kraven, Lizard and Mysterio who are good enough. But afterwards you arrive at the Electros and Scorpions, who have just a power and a costume. The problem is that the majority of his villains are super-powered crooks with a gimmick and that's where it stops. You get the exception of the Mad Scientist like the Jackal or the afformentioned Ock. Batman's are more varried, I suppose. Yes, it can be argued that his are just gangsters with a gimmick as well, but said gimmick is more fleshed out. Electro is a crook with electrical powers, whereas Two-Face is a 1920s-like Gangster with a fixation on duality. Jackal is a sad sack mad scientist who pines over some teen blnde slut and makes clones, whereas Scarecrow is a mad scientist obsessed with fear because he thinks it'll make people stronger and whatever else. You get where I'm going with this. At the end of the day, I don't think Spider-Man's rogues have that much interesting backstories or even costumes. Vulture is a guy in a green suit with wings. Scorpion is a guy in a green suit with a tail. Jackal is a green furry. Meanwhile Two-Face has his classy three-piece suits with contrasting sides. Penguin's got his overcoats and tophats. Joker's got the purple thing going on. There's more memorable designs there.

It's all my opinion anyhow, but I don't see myself ever throwing 300$ at a Scorpion or 500$ at a Rhino. I'd buy a good Goblin or Ock, but that's more or less it. A Venom, maybe, if the figure came out good and didn't cost that much. Hell, just give me some RaimiVerse releases and I'll be happy. I'd sooner buy some X-Men or X-Force members, because of the cool designs and character longevity, even though I haven't liked the Muties in years. But in contrast to SM, I can easily see myself buying even a Hush from Batman's rogues. But again, my preferences.

Spoiler Spoiler:

PS: Batman's got more hawt babes in his Cast, so he wins by defaut. Spider-Man has, what, Black Cat and Shriek ? Kraven's wife and daughter ? MJ too, if we count supporting characters, and by extension (that whore) Gwen. There's Silver Sable too, and maybe you can stretch it to Spider-Woman. Batman's got Harley, Catwoman, Ivy, Talia and Shiva just for villlainesses (and that's just the big names). Then you've got Huntress, Babs, Cass, Steph, Kate, Katana and even Zee and Black Canary as Allies. Plus non-canon ones like Andrea/Phantasm and Roxy Rocket. And that's not counting gals like Julie or Vicki, which I did for Spider-Man, since he's got so few! You've got Reds, Blondes, Ravenheads, Asians, all the variety you could ever need! And they're all actually good characters. There's a reason Gotham City Sirens was an ongoing.

wp-1487945667589.jpg

Face it, BatChad wins. Spider-Man's great when you're a kid, but Batman's timeless.

Venom is t just cool. He?s a crazy ass villain who stalked spidey and made him almost go crazy. Carnage is just the cool one who is 90s radical.
Idk

Batman by far has the best collection of rogues simply based on the fact that nearly all of them are parallels or aspects of his person in some way. There's some unique psychology behind all of that.

Try not to blame Marvel too much as they did accomplish what they set up to do. But yeah the Marvel hype exhausted the collectible companies for awhile. And the market is dominated by what's hip and hot these days.
I would say a lot of the products hot toys release are not worth buying to me. There are alof of quick sales of course with the amount of characters pumping out from MCTCU. I like classics and memorable films. Batman and Batman Returns along with the Batman TV series will always be the classics and how Batman has been and will be defined. And even Superman Returns deserve new released. Along with Batman Forever and Batman&Robin.
It's sad that it took until Zack Snyder taking over to see the revival of live action Batman.

And DCEU has been quiet. Wonder Woman is out newest movie along with Birds of Prey which was very much underappreciated due to failed marketing and bias.

It's sad that it took until Zack Snyder taking over to see the revival of live action Batman.

How so? The Nolan films are some of the most popular films of the last twenty years and they ended only four years before BVS.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Venom is t just cool. He?s a crazy ass villain who stalked spidey and made him almost go crazy. Carnage is just the cool one who is 90s radical.
Idk
Sure, Venom's got a cool design. But it doesn't elevate Spider-Man's Rogues atop Batman's.

Batman by far has the best collection of rogues simply based on the fact that nearly all of them are parallels or aspects of his person in some way. There's some unique psychology behind all of that.
Eh, kinda. It's still Cape****. But they've got cool designs, gimmicks and actual character beyond the gimmicks. What aspect of Batman is Ventriloguist or Ivy a reflection of? I mean, come on, this is as tired as the "DC characters be like Gods trynna be humanz, and Marlel characters be like humanz wanting to be Godz maaaaaaaan" thing. But they have some depth compared to other RGs. Also, I'll say that I never got the ype for Flash's past "dude, the Rogues are like friends and **** and they're not really that evil".

What parallels do calendar man and proffesor pig have with Bruce?

Wonder what's gonna happen to prices of that Justice League Flash now...

Although Supes could have used better shorts/belt, I'm pretty happy with the Sideshow comic-inspired line... Wonder Woman looks great (to me), and if they keep up the recent quality (Magneto, Flash), I'd be really interested in other characters. I'd love to see a comic-inspired Aquaman, and Sideshow has always been good at armored or non-human figs, so maybe their version of Cyborg, or an armored Lex Luthor in the same look as their premium format....

SSC DC Shelf.jpg

What parallels do calendar man and proffesor pig have with Bruce?

Old post but I wanted to try.

Calendar man is obsessed with dates. Bruce is obsessed with the date, time and place of his parents death.

Professor pyg is obsessed with vanity and creates experiments for his army that don?t live up to his expectations of that obsession. Bruce is obsessed with vengeance and adopts young people into this cause but rarely trusts them to be as competent as himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCU thrived, the DCEU didn’t. Same reason why HT gradually decreased the amount of figures they came out with each subsequent Star Wars sequel trilogy film. No interest in/poorly received film/franchise generally equals low interest in the toys.

DC is more than just DCEU tho. They can do Burton, games, animated series and nolan films. I know some of those were made or never will be made but DC still has lots of toy potential. The problem is Hot toys doesn't branch out like they use to.

I wish Hot Toys would do comic versions of the DC characters. They could make so many characters just using Hush for example. Those Jim Lee designs would blow any movie versions away.

Back