The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have there been licenses they bought and then didn't make any toys of?

The only ones that come to mind are Shazam, Valerian and Prometheus. However, I am sure there are a few that I am forgetting.

It wasn't very successful either, was it?
I think Shazam was actually one of the higher grossing DCEU films. I don?t but much stock in Rotten Tomatoes like other ppl do, but it does have a 90% rating there I believe. I don?t think it was THAT good but I tend to not agree with almost anyone?s ratings on any movies :lol

X-men First Class, Green Lantern, Alien Covenant. Tomorrowland (I still lol at that one). Pretty sure they also had Terminator Dark Fate but still haven't made anything and probably won't ever at this stage.

X-men First Class, Green Lantern, Alien Covenant. Tomorrowland (I still lol at that one). Pretty sure they also had Terminator Dark Fate but still haven't made anything and probably won't ever at this stage.
I would pay any amount for a Rev-9 two pack.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Why did they even preview Shazam if they weren?t going to make it? That baffles my mind.
That?s why I don?t put much stake in this company. Sure they make good stuff but they are reliable

It's hard to blame them for electing not to make figures to failed films like Green Lantern and The Predator. It obviously makes more sense to focus their resources on product that will sell better.

Shazam is a puzzle, but I suspect it coming out in proximity to Infinity War and Endgame is the answer. It could very well still happen now that Marvel figures are not demanding all of HT's resources.

...now that Marvel figures are demanding all of HT's resources? Surely that means it's no more likely to happen now than it was during the Infinity War/Endgame period. Did you mean to say ''now that Marvel figures aren't demanding all of HT's resources''? Do people keep leaving out key words in their sentences? :lol

Though even if that were the case I wouldn't agree that Marvel figures aren't still taking up all their resources. Marvel and Star Wars armoured characters are clearly where their efforts go on an ongoing basis.

...now that Marvel figures are demanding all of HT's resources? Surely that means it's no more likely to happen now than it was during the Infinity War/Endgame period. Did you mean to say ''now that Marvel figures aren't demanding all of HT's resources''? Do people keep leaving out key words in their sentences? [emoji38]

Though even if that were the case I wouldn't agree that Marvel figures aren't still taking up all their resources. Marvel and Star Wars armoured characters are clearly where their efforts go on an ongoing basis.
Naturally I meant "are not".

Ultimately, all we have to do is look at the data. In the first three months of 2020, HT put more DC figures up for pre-order than they did in the ENTIRETY of 2019. In fact, it's even better: not only did they put up more DC pre-orders than 2019, they put up more DC pre-orders than all non-Disney properties from 2019 COMBINED.

So yeah, clearly some of those resources that were allocated to designing and producing Infinity War, Endgame, and Rise of Skywalker products have been freed up to work on other IP. Does Disney still dominate the field by a wide margin? Sure, and I wish that wasn't the case, but hey, at least it's not 2019.

The only ones that come to mind are Shazam, Valerian and Prometheus. However, I am sure there are a few that I am forgetting.

I think Shazam was actually one of the higher grossing DCEU films. I don?t but much stock in Rotten Tomatoes like other ppl do, but it does have a 90% rating there I believe. I don?t think it was THAT good but I tend to not agree with almost anyone?s ratings on any movies :lol

Sorry, I was referring to Prometheus.

Well, I said very successful, and with a budget of 130MM (without the massive marketing campaign) and a BO of 400MM, I don't think it qualifies as very successful. I like it a lot, but I do remember a lot of people being very disappointed.
No matter, it's old news.

They could save so much time by ditching so many Iron Man figures and they could've Axed Infiniti War Black Widow with the blonde hair.
I still want a Hot Toys Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, A good looking poison ivy and a classic Harley Quinn

Shazam did decent, but it?s by no means a huge hit. Either way it made enough money and had a good critical reception to garner a sequel.

They could save so much time by ditching so many Iron Man figures and they could've Axed Infiniti War Black Widow with the blonde hair.
I still want a Hot Toys Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, A good looking poison ivy and a classic Harley Quinn
Why would they ditch what is surely their best selling character?

Why would they ditch what is surely their best selling character?

Because it's from the franchise that DC sooo fans dislike, per the usual atmosphere here. /s

Shazam's popularity was a flash in a pan. He'd languish on the shelves of retailers too. If it's not Batman, Superman, or Harley, DC just isn't selling right now. I don't even think the Arkham stuff is going to move the way we want it to such that it motivates more DC sales.

The cultural oomph that DC merch needs is just...not there right now. As unfortunate as that is.

There's an argument to be made about legacy product, but out of all of that, the only viable options are probably the Nolan-verse, Arkham suits, and maybe a new Reeves. But HT isn't even doing much legacy for for Marvel or Star Wars, so I think it'll be just as limited here.

It will be interesting to see if that QMX Wonder Woman is well recieved.

Because it's from the franchise that DC sooo fans dislike, per the usual atmosphere here. /s

Shazam's popularity was a flash in a pan. He'd languish on the shelves of retailers too. If it's not Batman, Superman, or Harley, DC just isn't selling right now. I don't even think the Arkham stuff is going to move the way we want it to such that it motivates.

You forgot Gadot’s Wonder Woman — easily the best movie in the DCU to date. Her figures sell. If the next WW movie is as good as the first, we should easily get two or three figures from that.

Back