The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s like the 6th or 7th version of Wonder Woman that they?ve released. That and Harley Quinn are the only ?new? DC releases they continue to actually reveal at shows and then release every year. Nothing else.

Yeah, this is all a **** show. Between Avengers Loki, Iron Man 1 Tony Stark, Whiplash etc. now they’re going back to their older Marvel catalog and remaking/rereleasing those. Can’t win.

My thread still stands, DC is very much dead.

Yeah, this is all a **** show. Between Avengers Loki, Iron Man 1 Tony Stark, Whiplash etc. now they’re going back to their older Marvel catalog and remaking/rereleasing those. Can’t win..

It proves that any suggestion of Hot Toys using the wait for the Black Widow movie to do other licenses was naive. They were always just gonna use the gap for MCU back-catalogue stuff.

Last edited:
The virtual tour is still yet to happen, or it's been? I can't see anything about it. Surely there'll be more shown there...

LOL.

Just saw this video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-sgTxA32d/

Got to say WW look FANTASTIC. Cables portrait looks really good. That Iron Man is going to be a scalpers wet dream.

A new spiderman was shown, new Black Widow was show, Taskmaster was show.

So there was some new stuff for Marvel. And A LOT of DC. TONNES! Of Cosbabies.

Waiting for a proper tour to see if there's anything else.

Otherwise I'm going to eat crow and jump on the F Hot Toys train with DC. The Wonder Woman's look phenomenal. But their offerings are abysmal.

Then again you just know WW will sit on the shelves of toy stores for years on years, nobody really cares for the Batman video game line and anything else doesn't really sell.

Spiderman FFH Iron Man will sell like hot cakes, sell out and get reissued, Stan Lee will sell out, all the Spidermans will sell out in all their various forms because they're exact comic book nerds dreams, don't need to wait for a film to do a faithful comic adaption as the game has them all covered.

DC doesn't sell, and when it does not much. Sucks for us. Only hope is that with all that extra dollar coming in they try to make an interesting portfolio with really great big DC characters - Phoenix Joker being one of them.

LOL.

Just saw this video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-sgTxA32d/

Got to say WW look FANTASTIC. Cables portrait looks really good. That Iron Man is going to be a scalpers wet dream.

A new spiderman was shown, new Black Widow was show, Taskmaster was show.

So there was some new stuff for Marvel. And A LOT of DC. TONNES! Of Cosbabies.

Waiting for a proper tour to see if there's anything else.

Otherwise I'm going to eat crow and jump on the F Hot Toys train with DC. The Wonder Woman's look phenomenal. But their offerings are abysmal.

Then again you just know WW will sit on the shelves of toy stores for years on years, nobody really cares for the Batman video game line and anything else doesn't really sell.

Spiderman FFH Iron Man will sell like hot cakes, sell out and get reissued, Stan Lee will sell out, all the Spidermans will sell out in all their various forms because they're exact comic book nerds dreams, don't need to wait for a film to do a faithful comic adaption as the game has them all covered.

DC doesn't sell, and when it does not much. Sucks for us. Only hope is that with all that extra dollar coming in they try to make an interesting portfolio with really great big DC characters - Phoenix Joker being one of them.

They will take all that extra dollar to make an old man Steve Rodgers and a thanos 2.0. Don?t kid yourself.

Thank god for third parties. They should start tackling the big hero?s and give a middle finger to hot toys.

DC sells just not in the movie part. Sad but true. If only those idiots at WB didn?t rush that crap universe we probably would be getting figures on par with marvel. That?s why I?m hoping the Batman is good .

I bought the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman Statue from diamond select, and then tweeterhead announced a statue of her. So yeh, Hot toys can screw themselves. They’ll make a zombie iron man that was onscreen for 1 minute, but refuse to make any Batman villans or heros from either movies or the Arkham games. Pathetic.

See you guys next July for 20 Disney figs + 1 Battinson.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I bought the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman Statue from diamond select, and then tweeterhead announced a statue of her. So yeh, Hot toys can screw themselves. They’ll make a zombie iron man that was onscreen for 1 minute, but refuse to make any Batman villans or heros from either movies or the Arkham games. Pathetic.

They’ll make a zombie iron man that was onscreen for 1 minute

In a Spiderman movie! That's the hilarious thing. :lol:slap

As absurd as it seems, the zombie Iron Man is a legitimately cool and unique piece (not that I would buy it). It just stings because we never see surprises like that from DC properties--instead, we just get the main character of whatever DC film drops in a given year.

As I said earlier, though, in order for their to be figures there has to be content and it just isn't there right now, except perhaps on TV.

Hot Toys only seems to pursue things that are currently popular and trending. That's it.

Even Star Wars is sort of getting rejected in way. There are so many prototypes that have gotten lost over the years that they seem to have no interest in ever making. No brainers like Lando, Bespin Han, Bespin Luke 2.0, TPM Obi-Wan, Death Star trooper are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Meanwhile easy, cash grab repaints like "Vintage" Boba Fett and ANYTHING Clone Wars goes up for order immediately. Look at the Star Wars offerings at the show. It's not actually a NEW Episode I or II Obi-Wan or a new AOTC Anakin, no, they're easy repaints of the Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're really set in their ways. I'm actually surprised they showed and are actually willing to take a chance on a figure like Cable. That could easily have been another Thanos variant at the way they've been going.

Hot Toys only seems to pursue things that are currently popular and trending. That's it.

Even Star Wars is sort of getting rejected in way. There are so many prototypes that have gotten lost over the years that they seem to have no interest in ever making. No brainers like Lando, Bespin Han, Bespin Luke 2.0, TPM Obi-Wan, Death Star trooper are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Meanwhile easy, cash grab repaints like "Vintage" Boba Fett and ANYTHING Clone Wars goes up for order immediately. Look at the Star Wars offerings at the show. It's not actually a NEW Episode I or II Obi-Wan or a new AOTC Anakin, no, they're easy repaints of the Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're really set in their ways. I'm actually surprised they showed and are actually willing to take a chance on a figure like Cable. That could easily have been another Thanos variant at the way they've been going.
I think their design capacity is completely overwhelmed by Marvel figures. All that effort has to come from somewhere, and making sure they push out every possible Marvel figure is surely the the primary project of everyone at that company right now.

Think of it like a software development backlog. There are lots of projects or bug fixes that everybody wants to do, and that they know customers would benefit from, but if everyone's time is fully allocated to working on new initiatives where the businesses needs to strike while the iron is hot (like with Marvel) those tasks just languish in the backlog forever.

By virtue of not having enough product, with enough characters, on a a regular schedule, DC has very much been relegated to the backlog.

If they can’t make them they should drop the licenses to a company that would.

Maybe, but that's a risk, too. Imagine if ThreeZero picked up the license. Sure, you'd get figures, but they'd be garbage.

Blitzway seems like the only option and who knows if they have the capacity.

That?s like the 6th or 7th version of Wonder Woman that they?ve released. That and Harley Quinn are the only ?new? DC releases they continue to actually reveal at shows and then release every year. Nothing else.

Yeah, this is all a **** show. Between Avengers Loki, Iron Man 1 Tony Stark, Whiplash etc. now they’re going back to their older Marvel catalog and remaking/rereleasing those. Can’t win.

My thread still stands, DC is very much dead.

At least each Harley figure is unique. Wonder Woman keeps being released in the same costume with just color vibrance being changed. Of all the WW figures I think that there are only three unique looks - standard costume, Amazon Island attire & golden armor.

HT's tendency to remake stuff has mostly put me off the brand. It used to be you could sell old HT for at least MSRP when you get tired of a figure. Now, as they continually improve upon a particular character you may not be able to sell the older stuff as easily. I'm not trying to profit off collectibles, but I also don't like them to have depreciation comparable to a new car. Now, before I invest in a new HT figure, I have to convince myself that I truly want the figure in my collection and won't get tired of it after a year or two. That's where I currently am on the Arkham line. I love the Batman I have, but do I need a bunch of rogues?

Maybe, but that's a risk, too. Imagine if ThreeZero picked up the license. Sure, you'd get figures, but they'd be garbage.

Blitzway seems like the only option and who knows if they have the capacity.

I assume the Pfeiffer Catwoman rumour was a mix up then? Presumably they heard Returns Catwoman and assumed it was Hot Toys...but turned out to be that Tweeterhead statue teased. The rumours on the Marvel side turned out to be true. Just such an obvious figure for them to do it but damn HT are stubborn.

I don?t care. That zombie iron man is stupid. It had zero presence and only showed up once. It could of easily been an exclusive. But hey I could care less about this company anymore. They use to drop bombs but now they are dropping ....... bombs. Except for that classic spidey

Back