The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head sculpt on that WW is really not terrible. The sculpted hair is throwing the whole look off because we have been use to the rooted hair for so long. Figure looks decent.

Head is way oversize and the lower half of the face doesn't even resemble Gal Gadot imo. The Golden Armor sculpt is the best they had for her.

Head is way oversize and the lower half of the face doesn't even resemble Gal Gadot imo. The Golden Armor sculpt is the best they had for her.

Yes, the gold armor version does look better in terms of likeness but this is by far ten times better than there other attempts from JLA and Original WW.

Sure, it's better than the awful sculpts they made in the past, but they also have an even better head they're using for the golden armor version so why not use that? Just paint the eyes in a different position, or something.

It's a step backwards for sure.

Sure, it's better than the awful sculpts they made in the past, but they also have an even better head they're using for the golden armor version so why not use that? Just paint the eyes in a different position, or something.

It's a step backwards for sure.

This is the 4th time they are reusing this set of armor. Not that we need a new one, it's just repainted with a new head and that's it. Far lesser work than the releases Marvel had.

Yes, the gold armor version does look better in terms of likeness but this is by far ten times better than there other attempts from JLA and Original WW.

They had a homerun with the Golden Armor sculpt, but botched this. :dunno

I'd bet this WW is the only new DC figure we
see for this event.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It isn?t a total botch job. You know you will buy it stop playing. ��

tenor.gif

Don’t worry guys, Batman Returns Penguin will be unveiled any minute now..... any minute now....

"Give us sculpted hair!"

*HT puts out a sculpt better than the first two Gals, with sculpted hair.*

"**** you HT!"

There's no pleasing you all. No wonder they don't want to make stuff for the DC crowd. I'm glad I held off, this is a winner release. Maybe not as clean cut as the golden armor sculpt, but still better than any other previous attempt.

"Give us sculpted hair!"

"**** you HT!"

There's no pleasing you all. No wonder they don't want to make stuff for the DC crowd. I'm glad I held off, this is a winner release. Maybe not as clean cut as the golden armor sculpt, but still better than any other previous attempt.

:exactly: It's the best regular suit Wonder Woman by miles and finally no silly doll hair. No pleasing some sadly.

"Give us sculpted hair!"

"**** you HT!"

It’s almost like collectors aren’t a hive mind.

"Give us sculpted hair!"

"**** you HT!"

:lol I do agree with this.

But also: 3 Marvel reveals in one night, 2 SW reveals but only 1 DC still kinda sucks. Not to mention the 3 marvel convention exclusives. DC Fans are litterally just being throne a bone here with other fans getting a the whole meal.

Count me as another who thinks it looks fine. Feels like some are projecting their anger about the lack of DC stuff as a whole.

I’mma just say it: Howard Chan needs to **** right off. I?m honestly sick to death of how greedy Hot Toys is. Like, I don’t give a **** if you wanna milk Star Wars for all that blue titty milk it’s worth or make all your Iron Man figures, but stop hogging IP that you have no intention of doing anything with. **** off with that ****. Give Blitzway or somebody their shot at making **** better than you ever could. Nobody wants your dumbass Funko Pop lookin’ Chibi ****.

Count me as another who thinks it looks fine. Feels like some are projecting their anger about the lack of DC stuff as a whole.
Yeah, there's nothing particularly wrong with it, though I do think the Golden Armor likeness is better.

I'll stick with my JL version (I prefer the rooted hair and sword and shield), but thats not a knock on this figure--I just see no reason to upgrade, unless it's to the golden version.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind having some sort of Wonder Woman in the collection. I think this new one looks alright although I can definitely see how limiting the sculpted hair is. Any of the pics other than the museum pose, looking-straight-ahead shots are an awkward combination of action below the shoulders and stiffness from the neck up.

I think maybe my ideal scenario would be to get this and also an alternate rooted hair headsculpt bought separately.

Last edited:
Back