The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don?t care. That zombie iron man is stupid. It had zero presence and only showed up once. It could of easily been an exclusive. But hey I could care less about this company anymore. They use to drop bombs but now they are dropping ....... bombs. Except for that classic spidey

Wait, that's not an exclusive? That is stupid.

Yeah, a smaller run exclusive would have made sense.

On the plus side, Sideshow is being SUPER generous with the reward codes.

The Cosbaby thing is giving me flashbacks to what happened with Medicom. They gave up on Kubricks, I'm guessing because they required unique molding and were more expensive to produce, and shifted heavily toward Be@rbricks, which all have the same shape, but different tampos so presumably are cheap to make. Cosbabies are simple--not many moving parts, no mixed media--so they can pump out hundreds of these with relatively little investment in R&D and manufacturing. Even take a loss on many of them, but still make profit hand over fist since they probably cost a small fraction of what a 1/6 scale figure does to be made.

Having said that, I think I'm more excited for these prototypes than I have been for a few years about HT, because CLASSIC SPIDER-MAN!!! Snowspeeder Luke could also be nice if they work out the bugs.

Sadly, HT isn't doing anything surprising by going for the low hanging fruit, but it is a bit of a let-down not to see, say, a Michael Corleone, Regan from the Exorcist, or something else that would be really cool and different, but more of a risk.

See you guys next July for 20 Disney figs + 1 Battinson.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll take a big dive into that one. We know we'll get a Batman, but there are some big level villains in it, too. I hope we get at least three or four. I have a feeling this movie is going to be a surprise hit.

I wonder if they'll take a big dive into that one. We know we'll get a Batman, but there are some big level villains in it, too. I hope we get at least three or four. I have a feeling this movie is going to be a surprise hit.
Well, its hard to say. If you look at Suicide Squad, only the Batman characters got made, so maybe they see value there, even for villains. But yeah, maybe they'll be too busy making Tony Stark in a track suit or whatever.

I think, unfortunately, one film isn't going to drastically change things. In order to divert time from Marvel they need to see franchises that have the longevity needed to drive a full DC line. That doesn't exist today and I dont think a standalone Batman franchise will change that next year.

But I hope I'm wrong. I LOVE what we've seen of the art direction in The Batman, and if all the characters come out looking this cool (and if the movie is good, of course) then I'm going to be all-in. I might even want that sweet Batmobile that HT won't make.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

All the Batman movies released since HT got the license had multiple figures...they'll probably at least make Catwoman or Riddler.

All the Batman movies released since HT got the license had multiple figures...they'll probably at least make Catwoman or Riddler.

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be a bit like Dark Knight Rises. My guess is that we'll see three right out of the gate. Then maybe something else down the line if it does well.

This DC's section is really depressing and currently infested with multiple variants of WW, so boring. Here hoping to see after Synder Cut of JL this section will be resurrected with great news.

With The Batman and The Suicide Squad and ZSJL in 2021, I'm sure 2021will be a great year for DC. The tide ebbs, the tide flows.

I wouldnt get too hyped about ZSJL figures--for all we know there could be licensing/rights snafus there. It's not a given that the business wants to merchandise the film.

Personally, I think the Snyder films suck hard and are bad for DC prospects in the long term (though, nothing can be worse than the theatrical JL cut), but I know many of you would slay for a black suit Superman, so I hope you get it.

I wouldnt get too hyped about ZSJL figures--for all we know there could be licensing/rights snafus there. It's not a given that the business wants to merchandise the film.

Personally, I think the Snyder films suck hard and are bad for DC prospects in the long term (though, nothing can be worse than the theatrical JL cut), but I know many of you would slay for a black suit Superman, so I hope you get it.

tenor.jpg

I'm not expecting much from Snudercut other than a quick Superman repaint. I doubt the movie is much better received than his past DC movies.

Suicide Squad will at least yield another Harley and The Batman will obviously have stuff made for it.

As opposed to what, exactly?

Everyone's complaining about the lack of DC figures and now it's complaints about them making DC figures!:rotfl

As opposed to what, exactly?

Everyone's complaining about the lack of DC figures and now it's complaints about them making DC figures!:rotfl

At this point Harley is simply Barbie. Same old thing with another obnoxious outfit. Poor Wonder Woman doesn't even get a new outfit most the time - just a variation on the color vibrance. And really, how many versions of Batman does a person need?

How about some new characters? Shazam would look great in a display. Or maybe Mera or Blank Manta. Or maybe a Cheetah so that you have something to go with all those WWs. Or how about Arkham Catwoman. Or Batman Returns Catwoman. We are sorely due for a good Catwoman since the TDK Selina Kyle was hardly a Catwoman and who knows if the Zoe version will be a worthwhile character.

I would like hot toys to milk the arkham franchise, i really need a nightwing and a tim drake's robin

Back