The Big Bang Theory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't like being told when to laugh by a track. feels cheap, like if they think the audience are nothing but well trained dogs. like they are saying "laugh now my pets, laugh when we tell you to because otherwise you wouldn't get the jokes"

It's filmed in front of a live audience. Although I'm sure after many takes the laughter can drop off a bit so in that sense they probably use recorded laughter from the live audience in the editing room for some of the scenes.

Comedy is subjective, some people will like it while others don't... But with 18 million viewers TBBT isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I believe Modern Family averages around 12 million

Last edited:
It's filmed in front of a live audience. Although I'm sure after many takes the laughter can drop off a bit so in that sense they probably use recorded laughter from the live audience in the editing room for some of the scenes.
Yeah I can see how that can happen, people laugh the 1st time the see the scene, if it takes more than 2 takes I can see them just loling like we lol when we type lol.

omg-i-am-screaming.jpg

:slap:slap

TBBT doesn't even use laugh tracks.... it's filmed in front of a live studio audience.

but this is exactly what i was talking about earlier, I know it is done with a live audience,
But then technically TBBT is not a "tv show" but it is a stand up live show made for tv. it doesn't have the kind of story telling a regular show does, but it relies on one liners to make a live audience laugh. Which is fine for a live event, but for TV it feels fake to me. Specially because the laughs you hear on the tv are not the laughs from the live audience.

When I am watching TV I prefer actual shows, not stage plays aired on TV which is what big bang is. the fact that they need so many one liners to make a live audience happy ruins any chance of a real story being told. a real plot. no depth

Yes I Know big bang has plots and stories, that is obvious, but they feel fake Feels like the sketches you see in Saturday Night Live or MAD TV, simplistic stories with a simple premise that have a punch line to make you laugh, and it doesn't go deeper than that. like TBBT does

but this is exactly what i was talking about earlier, I know it is done with a live audience,
But then technically TBBT is not a "tv show" but it is a stand up live show made for tv. it doesn't have the kind of story telling a regular show does, but it relies on one liners to make a live audience laugh. Which is fine for a live event, but for TV it feels fake to me. Specially because the laughs you hear on the tv are not the laughs from the live audience.

When I am watching TV I prefer actual shows, not stage plays aired on TV which is what big bang is. the fact that they need so many one liners to make a live audience happy ruins any chance of a real story being told. a real plot. no depth

Yes I Know big bang has plots and stories, that is obvious, but they feel fake Feels like the sketches you see in Saturday Night Live or MAD TV, simplistic stories with a simple premise that have a punch line to make you laugh, and it doesn't go deeper than that. like TBBT does

TBBT is not meant to have big story arcs that span 6-7 episodes like a lot of your 60 min shows do, TBBT is no different then Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Cosby Show, etc..etc.. there all self-contained episodes..... The advantage to that is if you miss an episode or two your not lost in the story arc.

I think it's a huge stretch to try and compare it to stand up comedians or SNL sketch's... It might not be the type of show you like but with an average of 18 million viewers your defiantly in the minority.

Specially because the laughs you hear on the tv are not the laughs from the live audience.

So your saying they take the time to edit out the live audience laughter and then put in fake laugh tracks? That makes no sense.

Last edited:
So your saying they take the time to edit out the live audience laughter and then put in fake laugh tracks? That makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. They do multiple takes of each scene. The laughs likely die down substantially once the audience has heard the same joke a half-dozen consecutive times. To show the big laugh with take six, you'd have to doctor it.

SnakeDoc

Makes perfect sense. They do multiple takes of each scene. The laughs likely die down substantially once the audience has heard the same joke a half-dozen consecutive times. To show the big laugh with take six, you'd have to doctor it.

SnakeDoc

Doctoring it is one thing but completely removing the audience laughs and putting in a fake laugh track makes no sense, In the youtube clip they even showed side by side video of the live taping vs what's actually shown on TV and the laughs are exactly the same.

yeah they have to add laughs in just so that it sounds nice and neat.

they might record the best audience laughs and play them over. They did that for MAD TV as well because I remember one of the actors saying how one of his sketches no one laughed. at all, he was getting nervous because it sucked.

Yet if you see the sketch you hear the same laughing that you always hear in these shows. No one was laughing yet on tv you could hear the laughs

I am shocked how many people feel the NEED to come in and comment on every thread. Who the F cares if you dont like a show. Don't like something why the hell would you even go in the tread to start?

You dont see me going in Tolken threads complaining how I don't like them and then keep coming back to make my point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I am shocked how many people feel the NEED to come in and comment on every thread. Who the F cares if you dont like a show. Don't like something why the hell would you even go in the tread to start?

You dont see me going in Tolken threads complaining how I don't like them and then keep coming back to make my point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

so you don't ever post on what you don't like? I am going to remember this post, and hold you to that, And Ill quote it endlessly if I EVER see you complain about a movie :lol:lol

so you don't ever post on what you don't like? I am going to remember this post, and hold you to that, And Ill quote it endlessly if I EVER see you complain about a movie :lol:lol
Go for it, you need another way to get more posts?

No one to **** block the comic book guy from getting it on with Howard's cousin now... just sayin'.

No one to **** block the comic book guy from getting it on with Howard's cousin now... just sayin'.

that was pretty funny, and one of the better episodes from this season, I wonder if they will work this news into the show, maybe Howard can throw a party, or his father could show up :dunno

Back