1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed this guy when he was released. I was able to pick him up today (well below retail) at a local collectible store. I couldn't pass him up. I'm glad I didn't, he looks fantastic!

20190629_185616.jpg

20190629_185601.jpg

He fits in nicely with my other OT Imperials...

20190629_185548.jpg

Thanks guys.

I agree. I'm going to probably have him displayed standing a bit more sideways than my normal poses.

I put mine in the end detolf facing sideways. They way coming down the hall you get a front on view of them and from the front of the detolf you get to see that back detailing.

I missed this guy when he was released. I was able to pick him up today (well below retail) at a local collectible store. I couldn't pass him up. I'm glad I didn't, he looks fantastic!

Nice. Going by your collection I thought you'd have them all Chris ! [emoji2]

I remember this guy was up for pre-order when I first started into this crazy hobby. I almost preordered him to convert him into a normal stormie as I didn't have one of those yet. But didn't in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put mine in the end detolf facing sideways. They way coming down the hall you get a front on view of them and from the front of the detolf you get to see that back detailing.

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I will place him on the end of one of my shelves facing sideways.

Nice. Going by your collection I thought you'd have them all Chris ! [emoji2]

I remember this guy was up for pre-order when I first started into this crazy hobby. I almost preordered him to convert him into a normal stormie as I didn't have one of those yet. But didn't in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I had the same thoughts as you at the time.
Like you, I passed on him. There was so much being announced then that I had to make some tough decisions.

I'm glad I was able to find him for a great price. It was also nice to see him in hand before buying it, that's what sold me on it. It's a fantastic looking figure.

View attachment 459249

View attachment 459250

He fits in nicely with my other OT Imperials...

View attachment 459251

Congrats Chaka, love seeing threads like this brought back! I bought a pair back when they released and really like seeing them gazing out into space while holding down the fort with the big guns!

I'm debating on getting a space trooper or a jump trooper. Any thoughts? I would have probably gone for ANH stormtrooper if they were still around for a decent price.

I'm debating on getting a space trooper or a jump trooper. Any thoughts? I would have probably gone for ANH stormtrooper if they were still around for a decent price.

I love my Spacetrooper. Was surprised how long he hung around for. Considering he was an Exclusive figure and never been made before. And I got him when he was discounted form SS with a $25 off coupon and free shipping. So I paid $195 total (no tax back then too..:() He was my first HT Stormtrooper as I missed the original ANH version. I even bought a parted out chest piece in hopes to turn him into a regular trooper, if need be, but the hose wasn't removable from his helmet and I could never find a parted out helmet for a cheap enough price I was willing to pay.

The Jumptrooper being from the videogame and not from an actual movie makes him seem a bit out of place. I thought about picking one up way back when at a time that Popcultcha had him pretty cheap way below retail even when buying from Australia. But I ultimately still passed.

And another reason to cringe at the line "They can fly now??" From TROS... :slap

I love my Spacetrooper. Was surprised how long he hung around for. Considering he was an Exclusive figure and never been made before. And I got him when he was discounted form SS with a $25 off coupon and free shipping. So I paid $195 total (no tax back then too..:() He was my first HT Stormtrooper as I missed the original ANH version. I even bought a parted out chest piece in hopes to turn him into a regular trooper, if need be, but the hose wasn't removable from his helmet and I could never find a parted out helmet for a cheap enough price I was willing to pay.

The Jumptrooper being from the videogame and not from an actual movie makes him seem a bit out of place. I thought about picking one up way back when at a time that Popcultcha had him pretty cheap way below retail even when buying from Australia. But I ultimately still passed.

And another reason to cringe at the line "They can fly now??" From TROS... :slap

I think they stuck around so long because they were an exclusive so in the States you could only really get them from Sideshow who in their infinite wisdom limited them to one per account/household.

Go for the space trooper, i was fortunate to have purchase one off eBay quite a while ago for $99 US with free shipping.

Back