The Avengers VS The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know - I don't think the movie is about any one person in particular.

TDK is about ideas - and it explores those ideas through the trio of Harvey, Joker and Bruce Wayne/Batman mainly.

Harvey is Gotham's 'White Knight' who give Bruce hope of a normal life

Joker is the maniac who just wants to prove that any person is just one wrong step away from madness and that society in general is not 'good' by nature; people are selfish and will always do what is necessary to survive, whether that means killing others or ditching good people

Batman is the one that believes people are good at their core and that Gotham can be saved from its crime and corruption by giving the city a chance at peace, through Harvey's dismantling of the mob.

Joker and Batman are basically reflections of Harvey's good and bad sides. Harvey's journey from Gotham's White Knight to Two Face is symbolic of the events of the film as a whole, so you could say in a way, Harvey Dent/Two Face encapsulates what TDK is about, but it only really works with all three to put each other in context.

TDK is about ideas - and it explores those ideas through the trio of Harvey, Joker and Bruce Wayne/Batman mainly.

Joker is the maniac who just wants to prove that any person is just one wrong step away from madness and that society in general is not 'good' by nature; people are selfish and will always do what is necessary to survive, whether that means killing others or ditching good people

Batman is the one that believes people are good at their core and that Gotham can be saved from its crime and corruption by giving the city a chance at peace, through Harvey's dismantling of the mob.

Joker and Batman are basically reflections of Harvey's good and bad sides. Harvey's journey from Gotham's White Knight to Two Face is symbolic of the events of the film as a whole, so you could say in a way, Harvey Dent/Two Face encapsulates what TDK is about, but it only really works with all three to put each other in context.

Personally I was just goofing. Although I believe Dent was/is the centralized character of the movie. Excellent points though, I agree with most of it.

Someone who "gets it".

TDK is about the Joker because Heath Ledger died. The film is dedicated to him.

TDK is about the Joker because I counted down the minutes until Joker arrived in a scene again. The Rachel/Dent court banter is a KILLER in terms of pacing.

TDK is about the Joker because the film was promoted through the character.

TDK is about the Joker because he's better acted, portrayed and fleshed out than Batman and Harvey Dent.

____ Harvey Dent/Two-Face. There's a reason why the character and Aaron Eckhart is "underrated". I mean, I like him but don't give me the "back bone" of the film BS. TDK has no back bone. It jumps all over the ____ing place, especially the third act.

TDK is about the Joker because Heath Ledger died. The film is dedicated to him.

TDK is about the Joker because I counted down the minutes until Joker arrived in a scene again. The Rachel/Dent court banter is a KILLER in terms of pacing.

TDK is about the Joker because the film was promoted through the character.

TDK is about the Joker because he's better acted, portrayed and fleshed out than Batman and Harvey Dent.

The Joker dominates TDK, there's no doubt about it. And Obviously all the marketing was focused on Joker as well.

That doesn't mean the story is necessarily ABOUT him. He's a big part of it, but without Dent and his transformation there to show us that there is merit in Joker's ideas, TDK would not be a great film IMO.

I would say that's about dead on. Thing is both Batman and Joker are right and wrong at the same time.

____ Harvey Dent/Two-Face. There's a reason why the character and Aaron Eckhart is "underrated". I mean, I like him but don't give me the "back bone" of the film BS. TDK has no back bone. It jumps all over the ____ing place, especially the third act.

He's underrated because he is easy to overlook given how much Joker dominates the film :dunno.

Going to have to agree to disagree on the 'backbone' argument, even Nam would agree that Dent is the backbone of TDK :lol

Wrong again. Harvey Dent is only the main focus of the story for people who can't read between the lines. The Joker's story arch is easy to unravel, it's Bruce Wayne/Batman's story arch that has to be dissected.

Well that's assuming whether or not I'm going to go balls deep into dissecting the intricacies of minutia. I actually have a life. Sorry. :wave

Does he "get it" professor Alex?

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Nope and neither do you student Voorhees. Now get back to the lake and start studying.

cb845cac.jpg

If Harvey Dent is the central character in TDK than Agent Coulson is the central character of The Avengers. DERP, if it wasn't for him, da Avengers would have never become a team! :lecture

People only run with the idea that Dent was the "back bone" of the film because Mr. Nolan said so. It's like some weird "enlightenment", cool thing to say. Like, "yeah man, isn't it cool, Harvey Dent is the driving force of this film". No he's not.

How does the film begin? Why, it begins with a bank heist with clown masked goons stealing money. Who do the clowns work for and who is the mastermind revealed at the end of the prologue? The Joker.

The scenes that follow try to brush Joker as a non threat and we're quickly introduced to new characters. Joker is absent from the action for quite a bit until the mob scene kicks off. Once the threat of the Joker is made a reality the whole film is about the characters struggling to survive the Joker's attacks. From destruction to mind games, each character is faced with a moral dilemma that is planned and created by the Joker. Batman gets his, Gordon gets his, Dent gets his, Gotham gets his. Everyone is reacting to . . . you guessed it, the Joker.

If you want to write Joker off as nothing more, well then the focus is either on the mob or Batman. Yeah, Dent becomes a key player in the film's climax but too many people put the character on a pedestal.

Maybe in the script he's the main focus but in the final product he's certainly not the driving force. The Joker holds the film together like glue. He's the central ingredient that makes the movie and story work.

Hot Toys toy sales prove that Harvey Dent/Two-Face isn't very important. ____ him. Rightfully underrated. Can't wait to see Bane rip his photo in half.

Fabio it's ok to disagree :lol

Take a chill pill dude - no need to hate on Harvey Dent. Poor chap had his fiance blown to bits :(

That he knew for less than a year. Rachel Dawes was a slut for District Attorneys. Remember Finch?

Dent was nothing special. I like how Batman says that "you were the best of us" when he clearly wasn't. Harvey was the biggest _____. He was so good that the real heroes had to cover up his mistakes and lie for him.

That he knew for less than a year. Rachel Dawes was a slut for District Attorneys. Remember Finch?

Dent was nothing special. I like how Batman says that "you were the best of us" when he clearly wasn't. Harvey was the biggest _____. He was so good that the real heroes had to cover up his mistakes and lie for him.

Key word being 'was'.

TDK is about Values. It's not about one character, but every character. They all represent different levels of values and how those values are represented through society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back