The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

No man im talking about the official pic we got last week. I wish we got a pic with his maskon.

as much as it sucks, I'm fine with a slowly but surely approach. I sometimes forget this movie isn't even coming out until NEXT summer:impatient: They have all the time in the world to show us the full suit....eventually

Those images remind me of the old tv movie's and tv show for some reason (live action ones). But in a good way. Not sure why, i just think of that when i see these images. Weird. haha.

He made the webshooters but the chemical makeup of how to create the webs were given to him via Spider-bite as well. The spinnerets were first really used in my memory in Spider-Man 2099, where they actually grew on Miguel O' Hara's forearms, for him they itched tremendously and eventually sprung outwards allowing him to shoot webbing from a hole in his wrist. He even remarks that at least it didn't come out of his butt. After the 2002 Tobey film I believed it was integrated into the 616 Spider-Man as well, although I wasn't following that particular book at the time so I can't be sure on the origins explained. If it is to lame duck storytelling of the era it was probably a progression of his spider-powers, a mutation continuing like everything else was at the time.

It was to show Peter's genius. In the comics he was a science marvel, up there with some of the best and brightest. So the creation of his webshooters from everyday objects he puts together is too show off how smart he is.

Venom and Carnage were creations of this as well in the Ultimates universe.

Like I said it was originally done that he learned the chemical makeup from the spider-bite and because he is good at science he was able to replicate it. Although for a long time his creation was only viable for an hour tops, so it would dissolve after that point.

In the comics, his suit is supposed to be like a second skin, even his boots just covering over his feet so there isn't much barrier. It was throughout comic history that he gain actual boots so originally in his costuming it wouldn't be a problem.

I also remember for a while Stan Lee was touting the line that it was only in his hands and he used his feet as leverage in shoes to climb up, so he stuck with his hands, which in the suit were barely covered but just walked up with his feet with no real traction there. It I believe was to help explain the boots thing.

Because it's more logical but I like the original idea better, I like Pete as a science geek.

It's a given, I'm sure more than once. _____ing about webfluid was one of the major jokes throughout his history.

For some reason I'm getting a 1970s show vibe from that aerial shot...:lol It would be cool if they went completely spandex for his Wrestling outfit, if that part is in this, and then have him refine the suit for actual fighting...

In the original script he was already Spidey but not for long. Then we heard about High School again and going through it again and recently we've heard that its mostly done via flashback, nothing completely concrete though.

The Mike.....sideshow collectors version of wikipedia of all things I care of on here. :lol :bow

Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Yeah, Spidey has had the web shooters since the begining. I'm not sure if the first Tobey film was the first time they were organic though. I admit at first I was doubtful about that change, but now it makes more sense to me that he got that ability too with the rest of them instead of having to invent the web shooters. I'm kinda surprised they didn't think of that earlier really.

I seem to remember from an interview that Stan Lee when he was creating Spiderman, was a bit worried that he might be to creepy of a character. So Im thinking maybe so Spiderman could seem a bit more human and less of a freak he opted to have the webs be artificial.

Or maybe not, who know what goes through these guys minds when creating new characters.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9hpP7d2-wo" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Could be after the belt is ripped off, which may be why he is running stead of webslinging.

Could be after the belt is ripped off, which may be why he is running stead of webslinging.

Costume looks too clean and it is in the daylight so maybe his first time in the costume, before he realizes he needs a belt for holding extra web cartridges. Kind of like in Batman Begins, where Bruce goes out in an incomplete/WIP costume to visit Gordon for the first time in his office.

Pretty accurate to what we've seen so far. (we know there's a spider on his back, not sure what's going on with the belt.)

spideysuit.jpg

Pretty accurate to what we've seen so far. (we know there's a spider on his back, not sure what's going on with the belt.)

spideysuit.jpg

Yeah, you can make out the red belt area on the back of the suit when he is flipping into the truck bed.

Back