The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I was really tired last night when i seen it. But man, i really like this new PP. Also i would bet $ he's getting a new suit in the sequel or upgrade.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

everything was too similar but not as good.

notsoamazing.jpg

:lecture :exactly:

True story.

Just got back from seeing this. I'll lay out my thoughts.

It's on par with Spider-man 1. I don't think it's better but I don't think Spider-man 1 is better, they are pretty even. There's things the new one did alot better than the original and there's things the original did alot better than this one, but i'll focus on this new movie for the most part.

Pros

The human element of this new spider-man is far superior to Raimis, this peter and gwen gel so much better than peter and mary jane from the original, it's not even close. Both actors out shine there counter parts from the original, but I think that's part on Raimi as that's how he directed the actors. These characters feel so much more real and like people I could know. Aunt May and Uncle Ben are also better here.

I really like how they brought about Uncle bens death, it's different enough to be original but yet it doesn't slap in the face of the original comics, very different from Raimis but just as effective.

The suit, well it comes about the same way as in the Raimi movies so no difference there, nothing special, just looks different.

For people who complain about the webbing, it's designed at oscorp and it can hold airplanes, peter finds a way to get his hands on it, very nice touch and doesn't take to much time away from the story, just a few seconds.

Cons

The one thing I really liked about the original spider-man over this one was the pacing once he becomes Spider-man. Once he's spider-man here, it's like the film jumps on a bottle rocket to fly to the end of the movie, with Raimis you spent alot of time with him as Spider-man, I didn't get that feeling in this movie and I really missed that as the moments he was spider-man didn't feel special like the Raimi movies. but the moments he was Peter Parker in the new one you felt something strong, emotional, and a great sense of fun, which I didn't get with Raimis, so that's why I feel the movies are equal.

The lizard, not a strong villain as a hole, interesting but he didn't create that great sense of urgency as the Lizard is only really apart of the film once it jumps on that bottle rocket pace so you never really get a sense of the lizard like you did the Green Goblin.

Really wish we got more time with Captain Stacey, at least a scene or two.

ok well that's all I can think of right now. You can tell the man directing this is a character driven director as his film really shines when the actors aren't doing anything amazing but just sitting down talking, and when things start to go crazy, well the film just doesn't feel as special as when two characters are just talking, weird. A good film that is setting up for what should be a great sequel.

I like how people think raimis movies are instantly garbage after seeing this. Spider-man 2 is probably one of the best superhero movies to date.:dunno

I had a hard time sitting through it. The first two acts were like watching paint dry. The big moment with Uncle Ben fell completely flat for me, it was much more impactful in the Raimi flick. Andrew Garfield is undeniably better as Peter/Spidey than Tobey Maguire. Lizard was ok, but I wasn't pulled in enough by Rhys Ifans' portrayal of Connors to really care. A few nice moments, but tedious overall.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There is no way I'd throw out the Raimi movies. I love them. I cannot wait to get ASM on blu-ray.

I like how people think raimis movies are instantly garbage after seeing this. Spider-man 2 is probably one of the best superhero movies to date.:dunno

I thought that well before I saw this movie. Now they are just literal garbage. :lol

I've thought the Raimi movies were Mediocre for years. So just so were clear i'm no bandwagon jumper. I did what Deckard did in like 2009.

Jeez if people love the Raimi movies so much they outta REALLY LOVE this!!!

Back