The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

That reviewer must have been on crack...yes same basic origin story but completely different.

:exactly: Everyone knows the origin soooo aspects were similar. However, the new movie had a different spin how it affected Peter / Spiderman which is different than the way shown in the Rami films.

It is no different than re-telling Batman origin from Burton to Nolan the same events happen with a different spin affecting the character differently. The reviewer is a goof ball......

Still no shots of the headsculpt? WTH! I have to admit after seeing the movie it made me want to buy this figure even more. But when I looked at it again I still didn't like the suit. Dunno

:exactly: Everyone knows the origin soooo aspects were similar. However, the new movie had a different spin how it affected Peter / Spiderman which is different than the way shown in the Rami films.

It is no different than re-telling Batman origin from Burton to Nolan the same events happen with a different spin affecting the character differently. The reviewer is a goof ball......

At this point in time, especially for the tent poles of the comic industry, origins should be told during opening credits, especially for the more basic origins like Spider-Man, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc. It's really a waste of time and money to keep continually rehashing the same ____ over and over when that time and money could be better utilized giving us better stories.

At this point in time, especially for the tent poles of the comic industry, origins should be told during opening credits, especially for the more basic origins like Spider-Man, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc. It's really a waste of time and money to keep continually rehashing the same ____ over and over when that time and money could be better utilized giving us better stories.

The opening credits could introduce the character (ie Spiderman) up to the point Uncle Ben dies. The story then unfolds from that point.

The back story up to said event isn't necessary as each event shapes the character differently throughout the story. Each film maker has the option to present their versions of how the event shaped the character.

I would agree with your statement.

The Amazing Spider-man 9/10. Not perfect but a damn fine start to the epic story arc.

I had the pleasure of seeing this almost a month prior to its official release and I recall loving it but I felt the score was lacking. After reading some of the critics reviews I began to wonder if I rated this too highly and whether I was seeing this movie through rose tinted glasses. So I went again today for its first day of official release and settled in to a sold out screening which was impressive as the cinema was showing both 2D (my choice) and 3D at once.

I was correct in my initial assessment. I love this movie. It transported me back to when I was seven and my introduction to The Amazing Spider-man. When Raimi brought Spider-man to the big screen I was so relieved and excited to eventually see my hero once and for all. Superman fans had had their superhero transported to the big screen almost 20 years previous, Batman 13 years previous. Would I ever get to see him? CGI was only really taking off in the early noughties. It was a revelation to see him. But although I loved Raimi’s movie it did not touch me in the same way this movie has. Spider-man 2 was superior to Raimi’s first outing and I rank it in my top three comic book adaptations. But again it simply did not have the emotional impact Webb’s rendition of the character has.

He has explored the human relationship and condition beyond any previous comic-book movie has dared to explore. There are some seriously tender moments in the movie, yet in many ways those moments have been let down by a lacklustre score.

Some people will rightly question the rebooting of a franchise so soon after Spider-man 3. Yet if Raimi had dealt with the tragic story arc of Gwen Stacy we would not have had this reboot. The Gwen Stacy arc is critical in the formation of the character of Peter Parker and Spider-man. This movie has laid the foundation for that arc. I will bet there won’t be a dry eye in the house when this epic story is concluded.

Thank you Marc Webb for reminding me why I love Spider-man.

Saw it last night. Solid! Was impressed! (how it should've started IMO)

8/10

Same scored I'd give it oscorp. 8/10 can't wait to see the sequel .

I was happy with that spiderman but that because it was so new and exciting then. My fav hero on the big screen it was great for its time.

9/10

Where it fits into my overall breakdown would look something like this :

Batman Begins / Iron Man

The Amazing Spiderman / The Dark Knight / Watchmen / The Avengers

The Incredible Hulk / Iron Man 2 / Hellboy / X- Men First Class

Captain America / Thor / X2 / Spiderman 2

I was really tired last night when i seen it. But man, i really like this new PP. Also i would bet $ he's getting a new suit in the sequel or upgrade.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

They cannot start making the sequel to this movie quickly enough.

Sequel for this is gonna shine no doubt. Now that the origin is outta the way we can get to the meat! (but if you're gonna reboot something this is how to do it)

Oh and for my money, Raimi who? :wave Bye Bye Tobey.

The few similar things were done better ten fold.

Back