The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm a little concerned about the whole "Lizard" angle. I know they're trying to play the whole animal DNA storyline but it has me a bit worried that it'll come over too hokie. Spider-man is my favorite superhero and I really don't want that to happen. Though I suppose since this is a reboot, there is the anticipation of "bigger" villains to lurk in the background.

I do like though that they're sort of sticking to "Ultimate" Spider-man on this and sticking with a young Parker. I think that was one of things that made the character the kind that everyone related to was you "grew up" with him. He was bullied in high school, sort of an outcast and nerd who suddenly got overwhelming responsibility placed on him and had to learn balance his desires to show his superiority with what was right and just. That being said, I hope they don't "skip" ahead to his college days right away in subsequent sequels...

This will be a great movie to see and the action scenes look amazing, as does the rugged "grittiness" of the film as well. Some of the trailer scenes with the dark environments were sort of Burton-esque to me and reminded me of his BATMAN movie.

I hope it does well!

Avengers is certainly not brand spanking new it's a team-up sequel to IM, Thor, Cap & Hulk.

If anything ASM is more new as it has a 100% fresh cast and different/expanded characters from the previous films.

All of the cast from Avengers have been on the big screen in their roles already.
The fact that they're all in the same movie fighting together as a team, and that this movie has never been done before makes it seem much more interesting/new than a Spiderman reboot IMO..

We've already had a Spiderman series anyway.

I'm a little concerned about the whole "Lizard" angle. I know they're trying to play the whole animal DNA storyline but it has me a bit worried that it'll come over too hokie. Spider-man is my favorite superhero and I really don't want that to happen. Though I suppose since this is a reboot, there is the anticipation of "bigger" villains to lurk in the background.

I do like though that they're sort of sticking to "Ultimate" Spider-man on this and sticking with a young Parker. I think that was one of things that made the character the kind that everyone related to was you "grew up" with him. He was bullied in high school, sort of an outcast and nerd who suddenly got overwhelming responsibility placed on him and had to learn balance his desires to show his superiority with what was right and just. That being said, I hope they don't "skip" ahead to his college days right away in subsequent sequels...

This will be a great movie to see and the action scenes look amazing, as does the rugged "grittiness" of the film as well. Some of the trailer scenes with the dark environments were sort of Burton-esque to me and reminded me of his BATMAN movie.

I hope it does well!

:goodpost:

I HATED how they skipped over so much of the things that made Peter who he is in the comics.

This has so much more promise on that front...

Scientific Genius, Inventing/Building webshooters, Quips, Sewing :)lol)

The question you should be asking is why did he even talk about Batman's suit when no one else was? :duh

the post I replyed to was deleted or somthing, someone brought it up earlier.:cuckoo:

NO. Spiderman is. Wait for it........AMAZING.:lecture

I still wanna see Spiderman more than everything else regardless. It wouldn't matter if The Avengers showed the Empire State Building turn into a giant monster, or if Bane beat batman within an inch of his life while fighting on the batwing in hover mode 500 feet in the air.

The fact that they're all in the same movie fighting together as a team, and that this movie has never been done before makes it seem much more interesting/new than a Spiderman reboot IMO..

We've already had a Spiderman series anyway.

We had a Batman one too.

Can't wait to see Pete develop these:yess:

the-amazing-spider-man-web-shooters-600w.png

Can't wait to see Pete develop these:yess:

the-amazing-spider-man-web-shooters-600w.png

As much as I love they are going with those, I have to admit making them organic was brilliant. I mean why didn't he have them like that from get the get go? :lol He can climb walls but it was too much to have the webs be part of his powers too? :cuckoo:

As much as I love they are going with those, I have to admit making them organic was brilliant. I mean why didn't he have them like that from get the get go? :lol He can climb walls but it was too much to have the webs be part of his powers too? :cuckoo:

I always thought of Spidey's web shooters as his kryptonite. He was a poor kid, so it was tough for him to make and if he wasn't careful with it, he'd lose a very important ability.

That was one of the big flaws with the Raimi films imo. You didn't see much of Spidey's scientific prowess because he didn't need it. He could just flip around and shoot webs all day.

I won't even dignify this with a response. (Mike?)

Webshooters > organic

Peter Parker is like super smart and creating the webshooters shows exactly how super smart he is.

Peter Parker is like super smart and creating the webshooters shows exactly how super smart he is.

Exactly something the old movies forgot the genius of peter parker

These :lecture

Also i like how in this new interation the police are actively hunting Spidey, it emphasizes the negative public reaction to him depsite the good he does, The Bugle kind did that in the Raimi films but not that much

Back