The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riddler and Electro are extremely close, everyone has mentioned it. Those pictures of Spider-Man plastered all over the walls, talking to said posters as if they're actually there in person, the nerd factor, trying to become like the guy they're idolizing, it's all there. So what if he never became "cool" or capture Gwen. He's a villain who was a ****ing loser that's obsessed with the protagonist.

The main difference is, Jim Carrey is actually fun to watch. That crazy cane twirling and all the energy he poured into it actually more electrifying than anything Brolectro did. All those other characters are Riddler knock offs too. Riddler was the OG.

Riddler and Electro are extremely close, everyone has mentioned it. Those pictures of Spider-Man plastered all over the walls, talking to said posters as if they're actually there in person, the nerd factor, trying to become like the guy they're idolizing, it's all there. So what if he never became "cool" or capture Gwen. He's a villain who was a ****ing loser that's obsessed with the protagonist.

The main difference is, Jim Carrey is actually fun to watch. That crazy cane twirling and all the energy he poured into it actually more electrifying than anything Brolectro did. All those other characters are Riddler knock offs too. Riddler was the OG.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Nigma and Riddler were the same personalities played by Jim freaking Carrey.
Dillon and Electro felt like two completely different characters played by an ok actor.

No contest there, ASM2's villain sucks BForever's question mark.

Who'd of thunk Riddler would've become the mold for three further villains :lol

Riddler and Electro are extremely close, everyone has mentioned it.

True. But Killian is much closer.

His plot was the exact same, unlike Electro.

Both Killian and Riddler idolised the Man rather than the hero.

Both were long-haired geeks.

Aldrich_Killian_(Earth-199999)_001.jpg

Edward-Nygma-jim-carrey-1014018_544_304.bmp

Both came back looking more attractive

guy-banner-7-7.jpg

image.jpg

Both started their own tech company

aimmx.jpg

wallpaper_20100203023654_5473534122.jpg

Both kidnapped the heroes girlfriend

im3-trailer-19.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Jim Carrey twirling a cane is more entertaining than watching Times Square collapse upon itself? Okay... :lol

All CGI. I was talking about acting and performances. The cane work was impressive.

Times Square? Similar scenarios occur in Spider-Man video games, slow motion and all.

Khev will never cave and say this movie sucked. :lol

I would have to agree though, Carey's performance was better than Brolectro.

Foxx just didn't have enough material to sink his teeth into.

But as far as the actual battles, Brolectro wins there.

I ****ing hate Batman Forever. :lol

I prefer B&R over that, at least I get lolz out of B&R.

Last edited:
Eh, it's not just "cane twirling", it's the whole performance. He was basically channeling Frank Gorshin x10. He was a rubber faced megalomaniac. That scene where he flips from wanting to be Bruce Wayne to wanting to kill him just because he wouldn't give him his 15 mins. is pretty great in an otherwise meh movie.

Like I said, electrifying. It's just an actor in a lame green leotard but he manages to chew up the scenery and steal scenes without any CGI or special effects. What the hell did Electro do? "I wanna kill da spida"? Great.

Cane twirling is the ultimate sign of masculinity. That and juggling grenades

I'm pretty sure Nygma was gay for Wayne, or atleast so obsessed that he wanted to become him.

He's not a real physical threat, and he wears a freakin' diamond tiara and a weird looking sparkly white suit, but damn if he wasn't amusing. Loki is a little ***** too, but he's easily one of the best Marvel studios villains (behind Red Skull in my opinion).

Didn't he try to copy him so much he had a fake Bruce Wayne-esque mole?

Havent seen it in years.

Only saving grace for Loki is the great charisma of Hiddleston. Love him in Thor but in avengers, Man he became a joke magnet

I still laugh at the "crime" montage with two face and Carrey. It's entirely stupid, but Carrey is priceless in a couple of shots. I actually like Batman Forever, but not in a real way. It's like an extended dayglo pop promo.

Back