The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

Just watched MOS again tonight for the first time since the theaters.... I still don't really like it. The first 45 min are the best. I love the school bus rescue (perfect music moment) and the Oil rig rescue. Those were the two best scenes IMO. Then Zod shows up and 1 hour of boring action ensues. Oh well just not my cup of tea.

Enough Superman now back to Spidey. I really want to watch this again. I am usually pretty critical of comic films... Hell Films in general rarely get an easy pass from me. But somehow I was able to look past the dumb Evil German scientist and some of the other silly things. Most of the time films like that don't hold up to repeat viewings. The annoying things become more apparent and start to overtake the good stuff.

But Man I loved how they did Spidey.

To those who did not like the film.... What did you think of how they handled Spidey's look and action? I thought it was the closest thing to the comics so far. As said it before but I really think it was the biggest thing that helped me enjoy the film as much as I did. I just thought they nailed it. Weather it was CGI or the actor/stunt man in the suit he always looked and moved like Spidey.

That was one of my issues with the Rami Spider man films. Sometimes the actor/stunt man in the suit never looked quiet right. Like they were trying to strike a Spider man pose instead of having come across naturally.

Of course loving how Spidey looks and moves will not keep this film above average for repeated viewings if the rest of the film is as bad as some of you think it is.

I hope you are all wrong and were just being critical. :) :) :)

But since I cant really argue for the film other then How Spidey looked and moved and how great Emma Stone is... then I have a feeling you are all right. and I was just in the perfect mood when I saw this film :) :) :)

The important thing is that you liked it.

It was a fun thrilling movie.

Saw ASM2 tonight, its late so I'll keep it short. Some of the most amazing visuals and vertigo I've ever seen in a movie. I'm so in awe of how they portrayed Spider-Man. I liked the movie but I can't even critique it right now because I'm so blown away that I just lived in a world where Spider-Man actually existed for two and a half hours. Damn.

Nice.

I'm glad you liked it. I liked how spiderman swung in this movie as well.

perv

I felt pretty much the same. I loved some of it so much it overshadowed the faults. And there are a lot of them.

:exactly:

At least he went out in style. On a bed of shrimp.

Jesus H, Google goblin shark and you get some interesting imagery...
:lol

..this..for example:rotfl

P2114051_zps6819076b.jpg

And I agree with jye4ever about the ending, that was one heck of an uplifting finale especially in contrast to what had happened shortly before.

It really was.

I didn't like this movie.

There was entirely way too much crammed in this movie. Too many scenes that just dragged on and on.

The villains were worse than Thurman's Poison Ivy.

I didn't like how Gwen didn't die from her neck snapping. Though I did well up a little bit. I remember reading #121 some 35 years ago.

Garfield and Stone were fine in their roles.

Funny the best part of the movie was Rhino and the little Spidey kid (hey the kids costume had webs, why didn't the real Spidey?)

Spider-Man 2 is sooo much better and I do look forward to Sinister Six.

To everyone who wanted a more Ultimate version of Rhino as a guy in a suit. Well, you can thank your fictional deity that it didn't happen. (actual concept art)

And I agree with jye4ever about the ending, that was one heck of an uplifting finale especially in contrast to what had happened shortly before.
I'm comparing it in my mind to how Nolan handled the end of Dark Knight after whatshername's death, and as opposed to being uplifting, the ending the the Dark Knight was, well, dark, and made folks feel a bit uncertain/uncomfortable. Batman was still doing what needed to be done--just like Spidey--but it meant his being hunted mercilessly by the authorities, and having to stay hidden away, in order to engage in a cover up of the truth no less. Spidey, on the other hand, has a genuinely optimistic ending. He puts on a positive public face, he doesn't shy away from attention, he isn't perpetuating a huge lie, etc. I think both ending work well for those respective characters.

I'm comparing it in my mind to how Nolan handled the end of Dark Knight after whatshername's death, and as opposed to being uplifting, the ending the the Dark Knight was, well, dark, and made folks feel a bit uncertain/uncomfortable. Batman was still doing what needed to be done--just like Spidey--but it meant his being hunted mercilessly by the authorities, and having to stay hidden away, in order to engage in a cover up of the truth no less. Spidey, on the other hand, has a genuinely optimistic ending. He puts on a positive public face, he doesn't shy away from attention, he isn't perpetuating a huge lie, etc. I think both ending work well for those respective characters.

WOW

This movie was Horrrrrrrrible.

ASM 1 was ok did not love it or hate it.

I saw it yesterday so I am not just trolling.

Way to long. Corny characters. Poor acting. Poor story. Very boring. Way to much Gwen and Peter going back and forth (should have died in first 30 minutes).

As with most I recently saw Captain America 2 so maybe that is what I am comparing it to.

WOW

This movie was Horrrrrrrrible.

ASM 1 was ok did not love it or hate it.

I saw it yesterday so I am not just trolling.

Way to long. Corny characters. Poor acting. Poor story. Very boring. Way to much Gwen and Peter going back and forth (should have died in first 30 minutes).

As with most I recently saw Captain America 2 so maybe that is what I am comparing it to.

Disagree 100% on all points.

Peter and Gwen's relationship was probably the best part of the movie, and made the climax even more gut wrenching. I think Garfield was very good, and Emma Stone was amazing, as she was in the first one.

While this movie is in no way perfect, I enjoyed it very much.

When did it become ok to cast him as a highschool kid . In past he was always a bit more mature college student, now they turned him in to a teen with all the emotional teen romance .

It has shades of that ultimate spiderman cartoon.

This was definitely my favorite Spider-Man movie so far! I loved everything about it!

Peter and Gwen's relationship was probably the best part of the movie, and made the climax even more gut wrenching. I think Garfield was very good, and Emma Stone was amazing, as she was in the first one.

I really felt for Peter when Gwen died.. that was hard to watch. :(

Funny the best part of the movie was Rhino and the little Spidey kid

That was easily the worst part, hands down.. it made me cringe...

When did it become ok to cast him as a highschool kid . In past he was always a bit more mature college student, now they turned him in to a teen with all the emotional teen romance .

It has shades of that ultimate spiderman cartoon.
Well he graduates from high school at the beginning of the movie. But in the classic comics, he also started out as a high school kid. It makes sense for Spidey's story to start there.

Well that maybe as that is when he gets bit by the spider but for most of us reading the comics all these years he was the graduate student at empire state university . I was tired of the whole CW romance it got old fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I really felt for Peter when Gwen died.. that was hard to watch. :(

I know. I still am surprised they did it given the great chemistry between the actors, and I am sad to know Emma Stone won't be in the third (in a major roll, maybe flashbacks).

I thought her outfit at the end of the movie was very similar to the one she wore in the comics (issue 121), so at that point I thought maybe they will do it. When she meets up with Spidey to fight Electro and says, "This is MY choice!", I pretty much knew at that point she would die. Great scene, but still hard to watch, despite knowing it was coming!

Sony's marketing choices were stupid and it backfired on their asses!

Don't give away for free that much footage.

Yup. I pretty watched the whole movie online. So after this fiasco, I'm going to have to wait for the Webb's PJ extended edition.

I didn't buy Garfield or Stone as High School kids anyway, especially Garfield.

One thing that I hated was that the city loved him. That was really reminiscent of Spider-Man 3 to me. I prefer when most of the city believes Jameson's stories and hates/fears the guy. I thought for sure they would play a "Spider-Man responsible for Gwen's death and the city/police blame him" card in the end.

15rz5vd.jpg

Back