The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) [SPOILERS FOR ASM]

there was a shot of him in Lizards underground lab, although i loved ASM, it did seem quite a bit was cut out, i wonder why.

I was reading an article yesterday about clips that were taken out of the original cut, and one of the big lines that I noted missing was the "Do you have any idea what you really are?" one.

That was one of the lines that really stood out for me, amongst all of the trailers and it was completely missing. And then they throw little teasers in there at the end-credits, which keeps me wondering did Richard Parker play a bigger role. (Which I guess is a good job by Sony because it left me wanting a sequel or more to resolve all of this.)

I wonder if in the Sequel they'll show a resentment on Gwen's part toward Peter for the loss of her Father.

This guy left behind a wife, daughter and two sons, the absence of him may lead her to start to feel a contradiction between her love for Peter and resent of his Spider-Man job which in part caused the death of her Father.

Not to mention leaving behind that huge mortgage on a Manhattan apartment so big that not even Norman Osborn could afford it.

Capt. Stacey had to be on the take...

Whatever comes of Peter and Gwen's relationship, I hope there's a life lesson in it somewhere, about responsibility or whatever. There needs to be some sort of repercussion for breaking his promise to the dying Cap. Stacey. You promised a dying father to stay away from his daughter. If the next few scenes show you nonchalantly hint that you don't intend on keeping it, I hope karma hits you like whiplash. They pretty much have the ideal tonal set-up for it, to then make room for mj, which would still be played by Emma Stone, just with her classic red hair.

Whatever comes of Peter and Gwen's relationship, I hope there's a life lesson in it somewhere, about responsibility or whatever. There needs to be some sort of repercussion for breaking his promise to the dying Cap. Stacey. You promised a dying father to stay away from his daughter. If the next few scenes show you nonchalantly hint that you don't intend on keeping it, I hope karma hits you like whiplash. They pretty much have the ideal tonal set-up for it, to then make room for mj, which would still be played by Emma Stone, just with her classic red hair.

The ironic thing is, in his dying breath, the comic book version of Cpt. Stacy encourages the relationship between Peter and Gwen, opposite of what we see unfold on-screen.

Regardless of the deviation, I think it still worked really well and may actually work to the advantage of Webb's vision for this trilogy, for reasons you noted above. It's well known the harm that comes to those who get too close to Peter Parker/Spider-Man. A case in point is Gwen, herself, whose life was taken as a result of the 'crossfire' between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin. I'm sure we'll see the repercussions of his choices and disobedience unfold in the next installment(s.) I even dare to say we'll see the death of Gwen Stacy, just as it happened in the comics. It's much too big of milestone in Spider-Man lore to be ignored, given what has already unfolded in this recent film.

The whole Norman Osborn dying and needing this formula may lead to a more Ultimate style Green Goblin rather than the classic.

Ultimategoblin-markbagley.jpg

It'd certainly avoid comparisons to the Dafoe one, but i think (like B&R's Bane) there won't be too many who say the original is better :lol

no anything but that!!!!!:thud:

I think this could work in this universe now.

Green-Goblin.jpg

But they won't beat Defoe. Unless they cast Fassbender.

The whole Norman Osborn dying and needing this formula may lead to a more Ultimate style Green Goblin rather than the classic.

It'd certainly avoid comparisons to the Dafoe one, but i think (like B&R's Bane) there won't be too many who say the original is better :lol

dragonball crossover!? :lol

Green-Goblin.jpg

i agree Dafoe was ace don't even think Fassbender would have a chance.

Could get some lesser known actor like they did with Heath at the time.

Green-Goblin.jpg

fassbender cant play N. Osborn, he's david.
guy pearce should coz he's peter weyland.

:lecture

tumblr_m6mqwfPxu21qcimlo.gif

Guy Pierce would be actually good.

Brian K as well.

How about Denis O'hare from Trueblood, he is pretty creepy, could play a good Goblin.

denise.gif

Not really, no. You put the garbage in your post in a movie, and people will be begging to bring back the Green Power Ranger Goblin. :monkey1

Not really, no. You put the garbage in your post in a movie, and people will be begging to bring back the Green Power Ranger Goblin. :monkey1

Youre right power ranger goblin is ace compared to that crap.

I hope they bring back the power ranger Goblin. :yess:

Get Josh Brolin who does a fantastic Tommy Lee Jones impression and could grab the feel of the comics no problem.

Get Josh Brolin who does a fantastic Tommy Lee Jones impression and could grab the feel of the comics no problem.

I could see either Brolin or Cranston pulling it off. Just not the True Blood guy, I hate everything about that show.

Back