Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P, looks really good, and it's the proper T2 version... I'd have got that one if I could have.

Al

Looking great Alaneye, and everyone else's too :). I have both wheels on now yeah!!!! The wife says it now looks like a bike. Had a few mishaps along the way but was able to back track and correct. Still not sure where a couple of the thin rubber tubings go (those coming off the wheels)-looks like the just get tucked away!!! Oh and there are 3 options on the decal set for the speedometer on my version-Km/H, MPH Km/h, and MPH. Will post updated and better pics over the weekend :)

I undercoated all the cylinder fins and then sprayed them black last night. I did them on the sprue, it was the only way I could think to do it. So tonight I will snip each one off the sprue, trim, sand, then touch up the bare plastic where it was attached. Will take a while I think... I was also thinking the best way to paint the edges of the fins silver is to assemble the cylinder, then dry brush the whole thing.

Nemo, I was thinking the same thing about the thin tube from the back brake, doesn't seem to attach to anything.

I undercoated all the cylinder fins and then sprayed them black last night. I did them on the sprue, it was the only way I could think to do it. So tonight I will snip each one off the sprue, trim, sand, then touch up the bare plastic where it was attached. Will take a while I think... I was also thinking the best way to paint the edges of the fins silver is to assemble the cylinder, then dry brush the whole thing.

Nemo, I was thinking the same thing about the thin tube from the back brake, doesn't seem to attach to anything.
how i envy you guys with brushes )))

Alaneye, I think its the same with the front brake tubing too. It says that one gets tucked in where the front forks/panels are. I painted the edges of my cylinders once assembled too. My first problem was in that assembly, one of the metal uprights that goes through the cylinders came lose which made it impossible to screw down the cylinder heads. I had to dismantle that part and reassemble. Looks fine though.

Few update pics, Started on the panniers today need to dye them black and paint a few bits silver, Not perfect but close enough for my liking :)
and updated Harley build shot, Almost there now, the front forks were a bit of a nightmare :gah:

What are you using to hold the parts when spraying them/letting them dry?

Are they small pens with some white tac on the bottom

For the forks I used paint brush ends and for the other bits I used large felt tip pens with blutack to hold them on, The off shoot of that is that when you've sprayed them because they tacked onto the tops of the pens you can remove the tops with the pieces still attached to let them dry.
As pictured below>

Finished... I only took another couple of shots of the build, so here they are and then the finished kit.

ieij.jpg

jr4l.jpg

z4lu.jpg

"That's a nice boike." :)

aojt.jpg

olct.jpg

Then with the man himself...

3y2l.jpg

5tu2.jpg

osuf.jpg

ersp.jpg

7x6l.jpg

o8kt.jpg

Reload!

k8sn.jpg

vyno.jpg

Poster pic...

djyr.jpg

Thanks... no, it's not screen accurate no matter what colour I paint it, but I really liked the look of the standard box paint job so I stuck with that.

Looks fantastic anyway you look at it buddy, Good job ! I've also Got the Honda CB750 for my T1 to build but that will be a next winter project.

Yep, really is. Love it in all black, too. Really suits the Terminator, even if not screen accurate. On one hand, I'm not really all that interested in the motorcycle as a display piece with Arnie, but on the other, seeing these pics, it does make me wish I had the patience and skill to build one as nice as that. Know I'd make a right mess of it, though. :lol

Finished... I only took another couple of shots of the build, so here they are and then the finished kit.

ieij.jpg

jr4l.jpg

z4lu.jpg

"That's a nice boike." :)

aojt.jpg

olct.jpg

Then with the man himself...

3y2l.jpg

5tu2.jpg

osuf.jpg

ersp.jpg

7x6l.jpg

o8kt.jpg

Reload!

k8sn.jpg

vyno.jpg

Poster pic...

djyr.jpg

my goodness... this have to be quoted again :D
what a perfect job man, congratulations to this. i also purchased now my fatboy, will start with this in april and will work on this. never assembled a kit together, so pretty excited to see how i will end this project ^^

you're saying, you haven't painted anything at all? but i guess at least the motorblocks in chrome/silver right? all the parts of my motor are black?
have you painted anything at all?

Thanks, man. All the chrome is pre-chromed... the handle bar is metal... all the rest is black plastic which I painted in black, flat black. and semi-gloss black. You have to paint the edges of the cylinders silver. Lots of tiny nuts and bolts and screws. Was a fun kit to build.

Back