Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gy6epa2u.jpg

Well, after seeing this, I just had to do it. $500 on eBay (way more than I wanted to pay for a kit), but I finally secured a Fatboy for Arnold.

Damn, is that for the older 16029 version, is it that rare? I was contemplating this (I haven't even received my first Termintator yet) and estimated I could get the Fatboy Lo, the Honda CB750 and the BMW R90 for close to $500 + shipping.

Is this the Tamiya Fatboy?
View attachment 98439

Yes, that is the Tamiya. That's the build up on Yahoo Japan Auctions. At the moment it's about $600, if I'm converting that right. It even comes with accurate side bags. If I hadn't gotten mine already, I'd probably be drooling to buy this one, even though it looks like the decals didn't go on quite perfectly.

I just got my kit from Japan yesterday. The box was way bigger than I thought it would be. Everything inside was mint and sealed and the decals look brand new. Holy cow what a lot of parts though. Man, I can't wait to play with it.

I also picked up the Honda CB 750 and the BMW R90S kits to do the T1 bike. Both kits together cost about as much as just the Fatboy. I've got lots of bike building in my future.

I also picked up the Honda CB 750 and the BMW R90S kits to do the T1 bike. Both kits together cost about as much as just the Fatboy.
i had the same situation.
first i was depressed by the idea that i have to pay for BMW more than for Honda, while needing just several parts from it.
but then i told myself that i'd spend the same if Honda already came with all needed parts - and so justified the purchase )
though i was lucky to spend 20% less than you had to in both cases. why wouldn't Tamiya just remake them both with modern materials, they could be all sold out in a short time.

I'd love to have a pristine one like that. Mine is dusty and weathered looking - no bad thing for movie accuracy, but its a beautiful bike and a clean new looking one would be nice too. Also mine has a few issues, not least that I've broken the handle bars off about 10 times at this point. Also a previous owner (maybe the previous owner) glued the tires to a base and must have then ripped it off. My seller didn't mention this in the description. I really should have complained about that but I was too stoked to have THE Tamiya Harley.

Yes, that is the Tamiya. That's the build up on Yahoo Japan Auctions. At the moment it's about $600, if I'm converting that right. It even comes with accurate side bags. If I hadn't gotten mine already, I'd probably be drooling to buy this one, even though it looks like the decals didn't go on quite perfectly.

Exactly the one, it doesn't mention Tamiya in the description or maybe it does and my japanese comprehension (which is nonexistant) isn't good enough to see it.

What I want to know is where are people getting the 9A7218 license plate decal? I assume that's movie accurate, and I know it doesn't come with the kit.

Back