Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted the handlebars, If they come off with super glue gel I'll file the paint off both pieces and use cement to weld them together.

Thanks Alaneye, Yes I think mine are pretty much the same, But it's plastic on metal at the end of the day and theres a lot of leverage there to pop the plastic clamp off. I had to do a ninja repair on one of my switch cable attachment points, I must have broken it while trying to attached said handlebars. So heres my repair log>
Thank god for the right tools :) heres my nice little modeling drill with tiny drill bit:

Drilled a nice little hole over the missing cable nipple>

Then I trimmed the end of a tooth pick to size (I didn't have a thin enough piece of wire) and popped that in the hole:

Then all it needs is the switch cable:

Job done ! all is right with the world :yess:

ah, from the way you said it, I thought the handle bar was plastic, can't weld metal to plastic.

Haha no, metal handlebars are clamped by 3 pieces of plastic, Although I think they should be ok as I gave them quite the workout with the drilling I gave them. I was quite generous with the glue :)

Well the seat strap was a frigging nightmare to keep in place but it's finally finished, apart from the panniers of which I've decided to try some WW2 officer cases as I think they look better (size wise) than the converted gas mask bags I have (I think they look a little small). I'll post of obligatory "Arnie on bike" shots later :)

Overall quite pleased with how it turned out, Considering it's the first model I've build in 30+ years, I used to build Airfix planes when I was 9 :panic:

Thanks Frank,
Yes it seemed to take forever but I didn't rush it to be fair, Going to start the Honda CB750 at the end of the year, Hopefully the new BD T1 will be out by then too :yess:

where do you guys get the license plate? all of you??? O_O

That looks really great! I love mine! Hey, could you point out the Honda CB750 for me... I think it's still available in 1/6 but I'm not sure about it. Is it Tamiya, do you have the model number?

yes!
thanks a lot!
that was what i didn't have yet )))

aren't you afraid to break the bike with figure's weight?
you could use a stand, it allows even to put it into a driving position.
i did.
No not worried I like the pose with the kick stand, Plus if you look he's not sitting down:wink1: What stand are you using then P ?
@Alaneye,
It's this one>
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original...384342118?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3f2fc46e66
Although you also need to buy the Tamiya BMW R90S for the fishbow windshield and front fairing>
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R90S...U_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item3cdcbdb959

Lol at that price, I think I paid just over £100 for my BMW but even at that price you've got to be a bit of a :FREAK: to buy two kits just to make a screen accurate version :lol

OK finally got mine finished. Not sure if the photos do it justice but I would recommend this bike to anyone. I am useless at things like this but it wotked out fine-I think.
DSC_0025.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0022.JPGDSC_0021.JPGDSC_0020.JPG

Back