Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By chance does anyone who finished building the kit know where the (e) thin tube attached to the rear wheel break pad goes to? All the manual says is to tuck it in between the rear wheel assembly and the main body frame. I cant seem to find anywhere on the manual where the other end attaches to?

And yes though building this kit has been fun, trying to identify and avoid loosing the small screws and nuts has been a major pain in the arse. It really would have helped if tamiya just simply separated all the screws and nuts in small zip lock bags.

Oh and if you happen to plan to purchase and build this, my recommendation is that out of all the paints they recommended for you to get you probably use only 5% of the paint with the exception of Semi Gloss Black which you seem to end up needing the most.

By chance does anyone who finished building the kit know where the (e) thin tube attached to the rear wheel break pad goes to? All the manual says is to tuck it in between the rear wheel assembly and the main body frame. I cant seem to find anywhere on the manual where the other end attaches to?

I'd the same issue before and it goes to right foot pedal though.....

Besides, I had a little tips for those who wish to remove the side indicators but retain functional of the handbrake....

Upon finished, cut off that screw measurement scaler and trim to proper size to fit as shown

R
jyte4a4y.jpg

4ezepevy.jpg

pusanehu.jpg

a3ybahe5.jpg

erezu8yz.jpg

Finally finished after 2 weeks. Just need to add the license plate

Hi there,

finished my new Arnie + Harley Display. Sorry for the blurred pictures, I don´t have a tripod, but tried to capture the lightning impressions when watching a movie in the living room at night. I´m pretty satisfied with the outcoming. :)

img_9060dnuo7.jpg

img_9063laucv.jpg

img_9064tgu7w.jpg

img_9068rcuwm.jpg

Ice

Surfer it would suck if HT's made one with their next T-800. Nice find though and enjoy. I could never have the patience to finish one.

i've tried my luck with this beast. i never ever build a model up and i have to say, that was fun building it up, and it wasn't that hard as i thought. the good thing on this bike is, that i hadn't to paint a lot of stuff. i've painted the engine blocks in chrome, nothing else. and damn i have to say, this thing is a BEAUTY! it really is a must-have. even though it's not that movie accurate, but the figure becomes alive with the fatboy. so if you hesitate buying one or being afraid building it up, just do it, you'll see that it isn't so hard building it together. i'm very happy with the endresult and i'm very happy having this in my collection.

here are the first two pictures after finishing it:

t800fb.png

t800fb2.png

Last edited:
Hello all, congratulations for your photos ;)
I want buy it, but I'd like to know if there are many parts to paint and especially if paints and brushes are supplied with the kit?
Thanks for your answers :)

Back