Tamiya - 1/6 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy LO (model-kit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, What a ballache to get the engine to sit right on the frame and it's only glued into place, I bet the Lo is a better kit than this old one in terms of build quality\design. Oh and tyres =)

Thanks man, The only thing I think that will let this build down a little is that I've got to re-chrome some of the parts due to the age of the kit, some of the chromed parts are scuffed\marked and I refuse to redo the ones that are ok. So there will be a little bit of chrome miss match.

Drive belt guard re-sprayed, Not really mirrored chrome but matches some of the other factory chromed parts nicely.

image_zps089dbb4a.jpg trying to do this off an ipad. Will see if my pic of my Tamiya fatboy build shows up. If it does not will use computer later!

image_zpseb4b03c9.jpg sorry for the poor images but will post more over the weekend. I have done more and will use a better camera.

Looking good Nemo, Your build progress looks pretty much the same as mine so far, This for me is six weeks into the build>

Both look great guys!

Gargoyle the chrome difference isn't that noticeable

I'm hoping to start mine this weekend

Cheers Gargoyle97, yours is really good too. Looking forward to getting the DX10 on it. Going to take my time though. My latest picture is here
image.jpg

A couple of things I would do different Frank-some of the decals can be left off till later in the construction as they are prone to being damaged or moved once added (at the time listed in the manual) with more parts to add subsequently. I had an issue with the decal at the top/side of the front frame. Also when constructing the first foot plate (gear pedal) there is no real need to paint the narrow peg insert. I did that and it was then an issue in inserting it-became a real tight fit. Otherwise all good!

I'd also add to Nemo's comments by saying try to use cement on larger parts rather than super glue as it bonds\welds the parts so they don't move\fall off, I found myself sanding some painted parts down just so I could use cement on them.

The Fatboy Lo I ordered from the local model shop arrived today. Had a look at the parts, more than I expected, but looks good. I feel like getting started with it... maybe tomorrow. I also ordered a DX10 head for my old MMS117 which I plan to use on the bike.

Back